The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny.

BloodKitten

Yes.

And Yes.

Only if it ever comes to PC, and only if the port is good.

If it's just going to be a crappy console port made to rake in some extra bucks, it can stay on consoles.

Bungie usually does very well in their attempts to make games playable for each console it is released on. If they ever do a PC port for it, it will be done with the same care they gave the consoles.

Edited by HiddenKharma

Bungie usually does very well in their attempts to make games playable for each console it is released on. If they ever do a PC port for it, it will be done with the same care they gave the consoles.

I certainly hope so.

This pretty much sums it up for me:

Activision is spending $500 million to make 'Destiny' the next 'Halo'

http://www.theverge.com/2014/5/6/5687160/destiny-will-cost-500-million

Reddit on Destiny For PC:

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/24vlqt/destiny_on_pc/

Take the source for what it's worth, but it looks like no PC version to me.

In other words: No thank you.

Edited by Archistopheles

having a ps4 and not buying that is nearly a crime imho. i can only hope it ll keep his promises from a graphical point, because the more i see ps4 games, the more they look like ps3 upscaled. when i see the ps4 version of watchdogs ... i do not see a bright future in all of that :p

Looks like borderlands.

Meh.

It looks like Borderlands crossed with what Warframe is attempting to do.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/6/5686268/Destiny-costs-activision-500-million-to-develop-promote

That budget is just insane.

And I think that might be Warframe's biggest issue. It feels like it's attempting to make a AAAAA game without the required resources to make said game.

But right now, it's too early to tell. It's too early to say whether it's "just a Borderclone" or if it's "where Warframe paved the way but failed" or whatever other first impressions can be gleaned from a promo video. But you can't deny that, despite being a FPS instead of a TPS, Destiny's overall design goals seem very similar to what Scott himself has said about WF.

And I think that might be Warframe's biggest issue. It feels like it's attempting to make a AAAAA game without the required resources to make said game.

Bed time for you, mister. No, seriously. What are you even saying? You're telling me they're trying to develop a triple A title? What barbarity did you just spit at my face - it's disgusting, and laughable. 

Bed time for you, mister. No, seriously. What are you even saying? You're telling me they're trying to develop a triple A title? What barbarity did you just spit at my face - it's disgusting, and laughable. 

Perhaps not AAA, but WF is certainly grand in scope. Scott, I believe, has stated in the past that he sees WF as a sandbox game, and from the way the solar map is structured it does seem like we're supposed to be exploring this vast network of worlds when in reality we're running the same mission over and over again over the course of 20 levels. No need to take offense.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

I'm actually really excited for this game and really hope it comes to pc

From What I've Seen Bungie Is Doing Really Good With Making This Game

So Yes Ill Be Getting It even if it is somewhat similar to other games

Saying that its similar to other games and that makes it bad, is kind of a bad argument

Are the games it's similar to bad?

Are most games not similar to other games?

think about it

Saying that its similar to other games and that makes it bad, is kind of a bad argument

Are the games it's similar to bad?

Are most games not similar to other games?

think about it

JRMC and I had a similar conversation in the last Destiny thread.

What it really comes down to is personal opinion. People play games for all sorts of reasons, and some don't want to play something that "feels" similar to an experience they already had, they want something new and different.

Others enjoy having a game feel similar to a game they really enjoyed - It's like an expansion pack with brand new gameplay.