The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Bows

OneBulletCurse

Hey guys, 

I love using the bows in the game and abit upset that there are only 4 bows in the game, ive almost mastered all three and hope they bring out more. They are great so stealth and long range attacks to lookouts and other enemy's near terminals.

I would like to be able to play with new bows but sadly there is none. 

Anyone else agree that more bows are needed to be added to the game.

Fight long, Die hard Tenno

Cerberus2101

Edit:

Changed the number of bows from 3 to 4

Edited by Cerberus2101

I think the cernos could use a buff to be on par with the others, but otherwise you've got slash, puncture, and impact damage types covered with those bows. The only other options for a truly "different" bow would be a bow with elemental base damage or perhaps well rounded between all 3 physical damages (which would be great for starting users, but the other bows would overshadow it for specific utility).

A cool idea would be a bow that shoots more quickly, with lower damage, and perhaps the charge attack would add arrows to the next shot for a max of say... 3-5 arrows at once (either with a unique spread and/or a small amount of homing).

Edited by (PS4)MoriartyHaaaiii

Well we have four bows.

Paris and its Prime, both mainly puncture damage.

Cernos, for impact &

Dread for slash damage.

Those already cover the three physical damage types, we could only hope for elemental ones.

There was a https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/200641-infested-bow-concept-the-larynx/'>Fan Concept about a bow that deals toxin or viral damage (can't remember right now but wil look for it).

Edit:

Found the Fan Concept, added the link.

Edited by xlraistlx

There's no point at all in adding more bows, unless you want to make some completely obsolete.

Agreed.

A top-tier Impact-based bow would be interesting, but that's really all we need. Four bows, three of which can reach well into endgame and two of which are god-tier weapons, is already plenty.

Keep in mind that we only have three Sniper Rifles that are freely available. Three. And not one of them is anywhere close to being as reliable or as overall useful as a bow.

Edited by SortaRandom

i cant imagine what stats or features any new bows would inhertit to warrant their existance over the ones we have already which are already pretty much carbon copies of each other with the singular exception of their primary dmg type.

i cant imagine what stats or features any new bows would inhertit to warrant their existance over the ones we have already which are already pretty much carbon copies of each other with the singular exception of their primary dmg type.

You should definitely check out https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/200641-infested-bow-concept-the-larynx/'>The Larynx infested bow concept. Is awesome.

sounds like a bastardised Ballistica/xbow rather than a bow, sounds ok i suppose but i still cant imagine that fitting in with the others.

Well I love the concept. And it cannot be worst than the Cernos.

Edited by xlraistlx

I think the cernos could use a buff to be on par with the others, but otherwise you've got slash, puncture, and impact damage types covered with those bows. The only other options for a truly "different" bow would be a bow with elemental base damage or perhaps well rounded between all 3 physical damages (which would be great for starting users, but the other bows would overshadow it for specific utility).

A cool idea would be a bow that shoots more quickly, with lower damage, and perhaps the charge attack would add arrows to the next shot for a max of say... 3-5 arrows at once (either with a unique spread and/or a small amount of homing).

Cernos doesn't need a buff, impact damage does though. By far the worse dmg type around, puncture, weaken the target, slash does bleed proc, and impact? A half a second knock back which is hardly noticeable.