The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back Ether Daggers, Boar, Dual Dark Sword, Machete And Other Such Weapons.

Innocent_Flower

SO I'm thinking that It'd be nice to bring these back. Partly because My dual dagger mod is begging to be put on a dual ether (I'm still vastly dissapointed that stalking fan doesn't match hate's polarity) and because I don't think dual daggers should only be limited to two puncture weapons , partly because there realy isn't any reason for them to not be obtainable. The models are there; they might as well be used. 

Oh and give the machete user the scorpion ability. Because that'd be realy, realy cool. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Don't feel to bad, dual ether daggers are not that great. Low speed combined with low damage and short range make them not that desirable.

The only reason they didn't get a buff is because they're retired.

Really, with how few machete and dual dagger weapons there are, Ether Daggers and Machete should be brought back to the market, with some balancing of course, so they're actually viable.

Dont forget Gorgon, which is technically still obtainable but needlessly and arbitrarily locked behind the worst RNG complex in the entire game.

And the Snipetron, though I would approve of a remodel/overhaul before its return.

Have to agree. I saw those stances and thought... "wtf do these even go to?" ... is there even a commonly-obtainable machete weapon at this point?

Machete mods are used in the Single Kama and the Prova....NEITHER of which are machetes...>>;

idk why some of them were retired but I think eather daggers were removed because they were too strong. They were like the slash version of fang prime but with extra stats.

Nope. They're slow and they did normal blade damage when the other two Ether weapons did serrated blade (armour ignoring) damage. Fangs were superior weapons in every way. I still don't know why they were taken out, though. Ether daggers are so very pretty.

Could be easy to buff though

Give the ether daggers stats somewhere between prime/regular fang, then change the punc into slash. 

Machete- Give similar stats to other common swords. Realy add that scorpion move to the combo list though. 

The model for the dual ether daggers is just to good to put away; Plus dual daggers needs some diversity. I'm awaiting some impact daggers too. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Not entirely, since they actually did get a small damage buff with melee 2.0

It's more that everything except the Ether daggers got nerfed in Damage 2.0 (lost their armour-ignoring attacks), so the playing field got a bit more level. Fangs still attack a lot faster, but the ether daggers are unique in that they are the only slashing dagger in the game.

I've been using my ether daggers lately, and I'm kind of sad that nobody seems to notice. :(

They're not terrible. They do a little more damage than the Fangs, while being a little bit slower.  But they look amazing.

Kind of odd that the only Prime ether weapon is the ether reaper, which is hideous and unwieldy and not at all like the swords and daggers. There's also no "retrofit"/"modern" ether reaper.

Ether Sword Prime, please.