Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 2.0 - We Are Almost There!

r0ckwolf

Pretty happy to see the melee counter boost added in, but it causes a redundancy with the fact that surging dash is pointless now. Perhaps surging dash should be tweaked to give Excalibur a bit of energy and some channeling damage boosts?

Pretty happy to see the melee counter boost added in, but it causes a redundancy with the fact that surging dash is pointless now. Perhaps surging dash should be tweaked to give Excalibur a bit of energy and some channeling damage boosts?

NOPE.

I'll explain: Basic Slash Dash gives 1 combo point per enemy. With Surging Dash it ramps up to 5 per enemy. With it it's pretty easy Dashing through an enemy mob and having yet up the x2 damage bonus.

I found it extremely nice with a Galatine-Whirlwind build.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

NOPE.

I'll explain: Basic Slash Dash gives 1 combo point per enemy. With Surging Dash it ramps up to 5 per enemy. With it it's pretty easy Dashing through an enemy mob and having yet up the x2 damage bonus.

The mod clarity should be fixed, then.

NOPE.

Really? You happened to end your slash near the either slashed enemies, or new enemies, and swing your galatine in time before the melee counter's 1.5 second timer ran out? 

Really? You happened to end your slash near the either slashed enemies, or new enemies, and swing your galatine in time before the melee counter's 1.5 second timer ran out? 

Able to be near the slashed enemies? Yes, I do not run a duration build and can quite easily visually plan where my slash dash will end in a glance.

swing your galatine in time before the melee counter's 1.5 second timer ran out? I currently have been testing with Kronen and find it easy now to create melee combos of over 50 with this recent change and the augment mod. However this is a fast attacking weapon.

You have a few good point about slow weapons having trouble of maintaining their combo counter. However this is an oversight with heavy weapons and not slash dash.

Edited by MDRLOz

Able to be near the slashed enemies? Yes, I do not run a duration build and can quite easily visually plan where my slash dash will end in a glance.

swing your galatine in time before the melee counter's 1.5 second timer ran out? I currently have been testing with Kronen and find it easy now to create melee combos of over 50 with this recent change and the augment mod. However this is a fast attacking weapon.

You have a few good point about slow weapons having trouble of maintaining their combo counter. However this is an oversight with heavy weapons and not slash dash.

No please, that's not a good point, don't encourage nonsense tellers.

I'm using Quickening on every 2handed slow weapon and avoiding Spoiled Strike like crybabiesonforums no tomorrow.

I'm using Quickening on every 2handed slow weapon and avoiding Spoiled Strike like crybabiesonforums no tomorrow.

Well it is true that you could mod to make it worse and you could Mod to make it better.

However it is just another indication that the 4 second combo timer and instant max drop off are a little harsh.

Personally I am hoping for a channeling mod that extends the timer to something like 8 seconds while channeling is active or something similar.

nonsense tellers:

lel

You dignify their poor design by using bandaid mods. have fun with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE my Excalibur!

I REALLY LOVE my "2".

I am begging you, please do not move my wonderfully useful and nice, INEXPENSIVE "2" over into that huge power-chugging "4".  I use my Javelins on occasion, but I use my Blind all the time, often because I have the ENERGY to use Radial Blind.

I really don't want to burn 10 energy restores a mission just to blind people when needed.

i have a new suggestion for slash dash, well more like a new mechanic:

so, what i have in mind is to change how slash dash work. instead of dashing toward the camera direction, how about make excal lunging and slashing to the enemy on lock on target? I think it's very useful to fill the gap between attack in melee fighting. The animation must be fast to make the combo counter can still live, and no cool down needed, so you can like chaining slash from one enemy to other enemy seamlessly.

For starter, since it only lock on to one target it can make critical slash and bleed proc to the target and the range of target could be from 15-25meter.

What do you guys think? (sorry for bad english)

• 5 weeks later...

I´m utterly disspointed... I played Excalibur in the Tactical Alert and he is as weak as ever!!! :(

Enemys at lvl 40 were pretty much imune to Slash Dash and Radial Javelin, Radial Blind while saving my life 1-2 times, still didn´t offer enough utility to make up for the missing damage and as usuall Super Jump didn´t do much at all.

I noticed dome Threads recently that were stating Excalibur is too strong, which made me laugh pretty hard.:D I know he made it to the top of the killboard, but considering that he has been abused to abandon in low tier interception to spam his Abilitys with a Trinity providing infinite energy you shouldn´t be suprised!

I made enough suggestions already to what i´d like to see..... one day... maybe....

well I used him with a gram

slash dash was mostly useless because of the damage and the mobility doesn't protect your from damage

radial blind: rubbish after the nerf im radial blinding every second just to revive a team mate or save my self since it is block by so many things now

super jump still not worth the slot if I jump the stun from jumping back down nearly kills me as the enemy sometimes even follow you in the air even though they don't shoot

radial javelin the stun is still to short to do anything with by the time the animation is finished the stun has about 2 seconds to run to a target that is it while the damage not even killing level 20 heavy gunners and bombards or even eviscators or special units

basically its only radial blind that will keep you alive but just about

I will say this again for two abilities that could be much better:

Slash Dash: Make the damage scale with the combo counter, if not fully then at least a percentage of it. Perhaps also, as a side, give the unawareness bonus damage.

Super Jump: Make it able to be aimed, it's been said countless times already that this power is practically useless in anything but open/high ceiling spaces (try otherwise and you'll just be hitting your head and falling down with no benefit whatsoever), besides that forced animation lock is ridiculously annoying.

Rock great ideas man. I started a post a few days ago where my idea for "adrenaline" was similar to ur supercharge. My biggest difference was making adrenaline available when the jump button is held down. So u could access adrenaline without jumping or even after you've jumped. Take a look and tell me what you think.

can you link the Thread, i´ll gladly check it out and tell you what i think.^^

I would like to see Excalibur's third ability become two fold to help make him a better Sword frame. I call this idea adrenaline. First, super jump costs 10 energy to use when you tap the button. If you hold the button down for 1 second (on the ground or after you jump) adrenaline kicks in (and costs 65 more energy). Excalibur receives a 5/10/15/20% melee speed increase (fixed) for 5/6/7/8 seconds (affected by duration mods). Excalibur also has unlimited stamina and no channelling cost for the duration

Here you go I just copy and pasted.

Probably needs some adjustments on numbers but the main idea is having the jump give an option for a duration buff. The duration buff would not require you to jump first but you could jump first and then engage adrenaline/supercharge in the air.

Edited by (XB1)SkinnyANOINTED1

I would love to see if this replaced Super Jump

TQV2C0.gif

Although it would need some tweaks so it isn't just a copy of Radial Blind...but this would be so much more better it still kinda keep to what Super Jump was but more of an attack ability than utility.

EDIT: This came from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh_1FveRn_8.

Also made a better gif.

Also Slash Dash.

It would be a more better ability if, enemies you run into with it that aren't killed, will be knocked down.

Edited by Pbrandon1

I would love to see if this replaced Super Jump

TQV2C0.gif

Although it would need some tweaks so it isn't just a copy of Radial Blind...but this would be so much more better it still kinda keep to what Super Jump was but more of an attack ability than utility.

EDIT: This came from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh_1FveRn_8.

Also made a better gif.

Also Slash Dash.

It would be a more better ability if, enemies you run into with it that aren't killed, will be knocked down.

Man, that would be cool!!! :D Not sure if it would make sense, from an design perspective, but it would definetly be cool as hell! :)

Man, that would be cool!!! :D Not sure if it would make sense, from an design perspective, but it would definetly be cool as hell! :)

It could if you decide to consider Excalibur to also count fists into his melee theme.

Edited by Pbrandon1

• 3 weeks later...

I like the concept. Looks a lot more interesting to play with then the current excalibur that is only used for spamming 4.

As for people likeing super jump, just make it a passive(tab jump for the normal jump, hold it for the super jump). Other melee based frames like Valkyr, Loki and Ash have already better mobility skills and I see no reason why a melee focused frame without cloak or godmode should not have a fancy mobility passive.