Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 2.0 - We Are Almost There!

r0ckwolf

^

This. Excalibur needs his own sigil; the Foam Empire's logo, the classic NERF sigil! Wear this to show your.... -music grinds to halt- ... You know what, I almost wanna see this now, just for laughs.

-curls up in the corner- TwT I wanna disappear now.

Then quick, take your super jump and try to play raids.

jokes aside, this is indeed where you really notice how incredibly underwhelming Excalibur is!

Slash Dash does nothing except moving you faster into your death, Radial Blind is too unreliable and Radial Javelin does 0 damage with an unnoticable Stun on Top. But thank god for Super Mario Jumping power..... that really helps..... 

Ohh yeah, i almost forgot, his incredibly weak stats are making sure that you die faster then everybody else on top of his great perfomance, just to make it more interesting for you!

I guess i didn´t leave all jokes aside... what can i do. ^^

OMG

I came in this thread a couple of pages ago saying Excalibur would not get a rebuild anytime soon.

Boy is my face red becasue just listening to the devstream and the changes are happening and they sound amazing!

Rework confirm

Slash dash- A series of dashes in a cone of enemies (think AW) can be cancelled by melee (will instantly equip melee at end)

Blind- It will be more on the move

Superjump-Removed finally (Parkour 2.0 will have charge jumps making it even more redundant)

Radial Javelin-Will be tweaked to be his new third.

His new ult will he equips his energy sword and his slashes will create energy waves.

The last frame that was reworked like this was rhino and he was amazing at the time. I'm fully ready for excalibur.

Edited by cozzi21

I'd prefer that the new melee mode ult let's him use whatever melee weapon he has equipped.

But he is Excalibur. The "use any weapon" thing should be for Valkyr and no matter what will happen to Excal I think Valkyr should be like that. Use the equipped weapon in Hysteria.

But he is Excalibur. 

Uh huh. And what happens if you don't happen to enjoy the energy sword stance they create for it?

I'd rather they just let us use what we bring to battle. For people who want a sword they can bring a sword. 

The "use any weapon" thing should be for Valkyr and no matter what will happen to Excal I think Valkyr should be like that. Use the equipped weapon in Hysteria.

I'd be more than fine if Valkyr could do that but it's a separate issue. DE is less likely to do it for her though because they already created valkyr's specific claws and animations.

Uh huh. And what happens if you don't happen to enjoy the energy sword stance they create for it?

I'd rather they just let us use what we bring to battle. For people who want a sword they can bring a sword. 

He's named after a sword

He uses an energy sword in atleast 3 attacks

On stream it's even said he will be reworked to be a swordsman frame

He's energy sword is ven being more designed for hsi reworked.

There's no reason why they will let him use anything other than his energy sword during his ultimate.

Edited by cozzi21

He's named after a sword

He uses an energy sword in atleast 3 attacks

On stream it's even said he will be reworked to be a swordsman frame

He's energy sword is ven being more designed for hsi reworked.

There's no reason why they will let him use anything other than his energy sword during his ultimate.

I know his name. (I also know words like metaphor and figurative)

He started using that energy sword in his attacks a few months ago. 

I saw the stream and I understand what they are going for.

I am sure the new sword model will look beautiful....

However there is a reason to let him use something else. It's called choice.

What happens if you don't happen to like the stance that the energy sword uses?

Do you want to be locked into whatever that stance is over every other weapon in the game that might be more your style of play?

I get where DE is going with Excalibur but they don't HAVE to go aaaall the way this far and be so literal to get the theme across. 

Edited by Ronyn

Well I usually don't say things like that, but if you don't like the sword then why do pick the sword-frame?

That's just it..until the idea of this new update Excalibur wasn't "the sword frame" in the literal sense.

Its reasonable for some folks to really like his overall kit without wanting to be locked into a specific weapon and stance.

Edited by Ronyn

I know his name. (I also know words like metaphor and figurative)

He started using that energy sword in his attacks a few months ago. 

I saw the stream and I understand what they are going for.

I am sure the new sword model will look beautiful....

However there is a reason to let him use something else. It's called choice.

What happens if you don't happen to like the stance that the energy sword uses?

Do you want to be locked into whatever that stance is over every other weapon in the game that might be more your style of play?

I get where DE is going with Excalibur but they don't HAVE to go aaaall the way this far and be so literal to get the theme across. 

If they allowed it for all weapons they would have to make the animations fo each different type of stance. And energy wave for every stance. That takes more effort than it is worth.

When it would be much easier for them to make one stance, custom made to excalibur and just work from there.

If they allowed it for all weapons they would have to make the animations fo each different type of stance. And energy wave for every stance. That takes more effort than it is worth.

When it would be much easier for them to make one stance, custom made to excalibur and just work from there.

You have that backwards.

If they allowed it for all weapons they would not have to make any new animations. You'd be using an existing stance.

All they'd have to make is the energy waves that fly off of whatever weapon is equipped. Which is mostly animating some particle effects. The waves don't even have to vary in size or anything per weapons. The only thing to tweak between them would be the damage values to account for an equal damage output regardless of swing speed.

That is actually less work than making animations for a whole new stance like they are planning to do now.

Edited by Ronyn

Think about it this way guys-

I'll use swords for example: I have a Galatine. I have all three heavy bladed melee stances.

One stance I cannot stand, one stance I can live with but don't like it that much, and one stance I really, really like a lot.

Would I want to be forced to use that first one? No. I'd rather be able to pick the one I like.

That way I have a selection to choose from. Instead of being pigeon holed.

Seriously..what happens if you don't happen to like the stance DE picks for his energy sword?

And wouldn't that feel extra annoying considering there are probably a group of melee weapon stances that you do like that are already in the game....

You have that backwards.

If they allowed it for all weapons they would not have to make any new animations. You'd be using an existing stance.

All they'd have to make is the energy waves that fly off of whatever weapon is equiped. Which is mostly animating some partical effects.

That is actually less work than making animations for a whole new stance like they are planning to do now.

We have no idea how these energy waves are going to work, whether they're going to be for aesthetics or they're going to have some sort of damage/CC function. That and as i said it hardly going to be "add X waves to x stances" but they are likely going to have to go over each stance to see where they can add energy waves, which takes more effort than just giving him a custom stance.A choice would be nice that doesn't mean it's going to be used.

His first skill is likely going to use the energy sword, followed by his second and third. It's only logical his ultimate skill follows the same route.

And at the end of the day, you can't always have things your way.  You don't liek the stance? Well that's just unfortuante. I haven't seen it but im glad to have ti as it means excalibur is getting love.

Edited by cozzi21

Concerning the new 4th skill's concept, it is very similar to what I've initially suggested a year ago for the Generic Warframe Abilities as a submission in the design council. I can't quote from it, so I will paste it down in the spoiler tag. I will also link to the original post for those who have access to the DC. The purpose of this is simply to show some ideas that could happen with his fourth skill, whether DE decides to give Excal a unique sword or base it off of existing grip (former option seems more likely).

This was posted in February 2014, which means much before we were even introduced to the channeling system in previews, but you may notice similarities to that feature as well.

Original post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/185963-generic-warframe-ability-mods-idea-submissions/page-5#entry2166619

With Melee 2.0 coming, I was thinking of an Ultimate that can expand on it.

Void Fissure

Tenno mastery of the blades and Warframe energy imbues their weapon with the Void's power.

All melee attacks deal extra damage, and each strike sends waves of pure energy in the direction of the attack. Depending on the move and weapon-type, the energy waves will be different. Along with its own proc-types, it will take on additional elements, and their procs, of your weapon.

A slide attack with Orthos will send a radial energy wave of 6m (from the tip of the weapon) with 100% bleeding proc. Volleys of regular Fang Prime attacks with Molten Impact will throw small flaming crescent forward in rapid fire. A charge attack with a Blast-elemental Fragor will send a 100% Blast proc wave in an arc, throwing enemies away while dealing high damage.

It can be used with other powers, but certain ones will get additional benefits, particularly Excalibur. Slash Dash will have energy blades around the user that gives additional damage and range, and at the end of the dash, Exca sends them forward in a short, arc-like distance, damaging anything in its path.

- Cost: 10-13 capacity points ; 75 energy to activate

- Duration: As long as you have energy (unaffected by power duration, but power efficiency makes the drain slower)

- Range: Varied on attack and weapon type (not affected by power range)

- Strength: Dependant on the weapon (not affected by power strength, but affected by all melee damage mods)

- Damage type: Dependant on weapon

- Only works when in Melee mode

All in all, thank you DE for looking back at Excal for what looks like a true overhaul, and for the community that kept on pushing the right buttons to make it happen! I'm quite excited for it.

Edited by Casardis

We have no idea how these energy waves are going to work, whether they're going to be for aesthetics or they're going to have some sort of damage/CC function. That and as i said it hardly going to be "add X waves to x stances" but they are likely going to have to go over each stance to see where they can add energy waves, which takes more effort than just giving him a custom stance.A choice would be nice that doesn't mean it's going to be used.

Realistically DE is not even yet sure how these energy waves are going to work. (obviously they'll fly out and do damage at the very least) They are working that stuff out now and will continue to through play testing. That is why I am speaking up early while they are still sorting out HOW to approach it.

His first skill is likely going to use the energy sword, followed by his second and third. It's only logical his ultimate skill follows the same route.

That's its own can of worms right there. 

And at the end of the day, you can't always have things your way.  You don't liek the stance? Well that's just unfortuante. I haven't seen it but im glad to have ti as it means excalibur is getting love.

I'm glad he is getting worked on too.  But keep in mind that it's possible any one of us will or wont like the stance. Including you.

Considering people have different taste its most likely that some will like it and some will hate it...

and all that could be avoided by just letting us choose between a ton of options that already exist.

But hey..why ask for choice when we can be happy to let them pick for us right? :-/

Edited by Ronyn

WE @(*()$ DID IT!!!!!! Oh man, i can´t believe this. Thanks for everyone helping me over the last year in maintaining this Thread and keeping this discussion alive. This is a total community effort and not mine alone, as long term followers of this Thread may know it has seen many different iterations!

Well, now lets wait and see how awesome DE will make Excalibur!^^