The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Schadenfreude Players Intentionally Blocking Ogris To Teamkill

LeMoog

I have noticed this becoming an increasingly popular sport with some players, basically jumping in front or moving to block ogris fire so as to kill the ogris holder.

After using quite a few forma to level my ogris I am now reverting to penta as this is the only sure way to remove these griefers ability to ruin my game.

Any chance that DE might remove the ability for the same side to block each other's fire as I have seen the same fools blocking rifle fire intentionally too.

As ever there are people who seemingly can only get pleasure at someone else's expense a simple change to allow all fire to pass through players on your own side should not make any problems and would remove the ability for schadenfreude jockeys to remove what I worked hard to created

BUqM_cyCQAAJ4uG.png Umad?

But seriously, that is one of the main reasons I stopped using the Ogris personally.

As you say at the moment you are being deprived of your Ogris by trolls, a weapon with a minimum mastery level, i.e. you had to invest to obtain it.

To my mind people who are unwilling to invest in this game should not be able to spoil the pleasure for those that are and at the moment this is being allowed.

While some people might really be trolling, some players suffer from tunnel vision and are too focused on killing enemies.  In their zeal to rack up high kill counts, they rush to the front and spoil your aim.  Punch-through mods can sorta work around it, but they also have problems with punching through unexpected surfaces.  However, there's a problem if shots ignore players and go through them regardless of punch-through.  If shots acted this way, you could easily use your teammates as shields.  This works even better if your teammates are invincible or have a strong damage reduction buff.

It's been quite a while since I've seen any players using the Ogris, but most of them tend to snipe from boxes and pillars to avoid the thing you're encountering.  It kinda looks cowardly to shoot rockets from a place enemies won't reach you, but it also makes it very obvious if someone is trying to troll kill you.

So seriously you guys would like to continue the current situation where trolls can remove a weapon that you had to earn from your use?

Why not just remove the ogris and every other weapon requiring a minimum master level from everyone and be done, certainly that would be easier.

be a vauban and bounce them out of the way.

I don't use bounce on Vauban as I found it completely useless for my style of play and to be honest I really shouldn't need to equip any mods to combat disruptive players, this is something the devs should address directly if it is a problem.

Does this work on the Penta? That'd be some pretty sweet griefing lol

I had my share of deaths when Penta granades bounced of the head of my clanies back into my face.

*Shooting my Penta happily, and BAM! Wild clanie runs at trajectory of my granade, bouncing it back to me!*

While some people might really be trolling, some players suffer from tunnel vision and are too focused on killing enemies.  In their zeal to rack up high kill counts, they rush to the front and spoil your aim.  Punch-through mods can sorta work around it, but they also have problems with punching through unexpected surfaces.  However, there's a problem if shots ignore players and go through them regardless of punch-through.  If shots acted this way, you could easily use your teammates as shields.  This works even better if your teammates are invincible or have a strong damage reduction buff.

It's been quite a while since I've seen any players using the Ogris, but most of them tend to snipe from boxes and pillars to avoid the thing you're encountering.  It kinda looks cowardly to shoot rockets from a place enemies won't reach you, but it also makes it very obvious if someone is trying to troll kill you.

I am not talking about accidents where people cross your path unintentionally although if they fix this as I would like that would no longer be a problem.

I am talking about people repeatedly moving infront whilst they face you, their enemy, It is clearly deliberate trolling.

I would also make it so that when you zoom it removes your team from your view so snipers view cannot be blocked either. 

Basic stuff to remove the trolls ability to disrupt play and clearly something that  warframe has been lacking for a too long.

Back in the infested Xini days, I will super jump every time when I fire an Ogris.

Or just wormhole / ST myself up a rough spot.

Works all the time.

I presume you can do the same with Ripline and Tailwind too.

I am finding this issue when I am playing frost on defense, I am usually standing upon the artifact etc and defending it as per the mission goal. These people are moving to block me because their goal is not to defend but clearly to disrupt play. If I move somewhere else they follow me because that is how they get their kicks.

Im always jumping on ogris shots anyways to avoid shots blowing up my rocket in my face

I don't jump but now you mention it the last guy doing this was jumping infront of me, I guess he has played with you in the past but I was using a penta so it didn't work out for him

What I see here is that everyone has had to adopt solutions to try to protect themselves from trolls where the best solution is to make trolling impossible. 

This way the people who have invested in this game cannot have their investment removed by abusive "players" and hopefully the trolls will go elsewhere and make the game and the forums a nicer place to visit

Edited by LeMoog

I don't jump but now you mention it the last guy doing this was jumping infront of me, I guess he has played with you in the past but I was using a penta so it didn't work out for him

What I see here is that everyone has had to adopt solutions to try to protect themselves from trolls where the best solution is to making trolling impossible. 

Eeerr...

Well ive never had anyone but a certain friend try that with me (we were in a clal and he wanted to bug me) so idk about that one