The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Needs To Be Improved !

Deidaku

More responsiveness , more fluidity , more accuracy in commands.

I just played solo a T1 survival to lvl up my excal a bit

I managed to super jump on a pillar , jump on another and on a third one . to ground slam a heavy gunner with my Dakra prime.

it felt good.

We need more of that.  If movement is reworked I think it could lead to more creative freedom with the tilesets , and better synergy with mobility frames.

EDIT: title edited for more clarity

Edited by Deidaku

"Utility slots" are a bad idea.

Going that way means acknowledging that certain mods are inferior to other mods. Instead of reworking said mods, you toss them into a new "Slot for useless S#&$".

Edited by Ayraclus

if u think movement needs rework ur either using controller or suck at playing ninja

Easy with the controller hate, I use one and do just fine. In fact if I'm not using the sweet analogue action to run in dumb circles you'd never guess my control method of choice.

That being said movement could still be made nicer. Good news for the op they've mentioned a rework several times now.

I think the only thing limiting this is stamina.

It may seem extreme, but imagine warframe with no stamina, so you could run, flip, jump to your heart's content.

I say do away with stamina altogether, things would flow so much better.

I think the only thing limiting this is stamina.

It may seem extreme, but imagine warframe with no stamina, so you could run, flip, jump to your heart's content.

I say do away with stamina altogether, things would flow so much better.

All the yes. Space ninjas shouldn't get tired from running, especially when they're genetically enhanced supersoldiers with ultra-powerful energy suits.

i hate the input lag this game has at times. like if i'm holding shift and have stamina available, i expect my frame to sprint. instead, half the time my frame decides to just say 'lolnope' and walk. makes it nearly impossible to accurately perform intermediate and/or advanced movement patterns when not session host.

the most noticeable maneuver that i have abysmal success rate with due to this issue, is this:

sprint > crouch > melee > jump > crouch > melee

this maneuver allows ridiculous speed and would be simple if the game didn't decide to randomly ignore your input.

if u think movement needs rework ur either using controller or suck at playing ninja

If you think that it's perfect  as it is , you probably don't play the game enough.

It's not very responsive , not fluid ( yo just stick to a wall) the animation is weird, vaulting is a pain , auto roll , wall jump catapults you super far  and corptering  is still here

The main things I would change movement-wise are wallrun responsiveness and forced rolling after jumping a short distance (they have taken steps to address this in a recent patch.)  Also, the clunky nature of vaulting over railings and climbing up short vertical surfaces. 

I know it's not a great idea to bring up other games, but I'd like some mobility akin to that in Splinter Cell: Blacklist. It's really fluid (especially in appearance). It probably wouldn't translate well over to Warframe, but I think it is a good reference.

Oooh i'll check out some gameplay!

Movement is the best thing about this game imo, it could be improved upon but in no way drastically changed.

I think you're right. I'll change the title for clarity :)

I know it's not a great idea to bring up other games, but I'd like some mobility akin to that in Splinter Cell: Blacklist. It's really fluid (especially in appearance). It probably wouldn't translate well over to Warframe, but I think it is a good reference.

I think Mirror's Edge could be a good comparison of fluid movement. Granted, it is first person, but the concept still applies.

Stamina is a goddamn funkiller. Particularly when "even kind of keeping up with the team" costs stamina, essentially mandating running speed and stamina mods to not just jog through piles of evaporating corpses while the Teammates Waiting timer ticks down.

DE, it adds nothing to gameplay except frustration and impediment. There's nothing interesting about stamina management - you use all of it because absolutely everything requires it, walk slow for a few seconds, run again.

Try again. Try harder.

Stamina is a goddamn funkiller. Particularly when "even kind of keeping up with the team" costs stamina, essentially mandating running speed and stamina mods to not just jog through piles of evaporating corpses while the Teammates Waiting timer ticks down.

DE, it adds nothing to gameplay except frustration and impediment. There's nothing interesting about stamina management - you use all of it because absolutely everything requires it, walk slow for a few seconds, run again.

Try again. Try harder.

I personally don't mind the stamina.

But that's just me and my opinion.