The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee And Nyx Were Nerfed To The Ground

Wolfstorm18

Congratulations for the nerfer gang on this new achievement. Now the ultimates of Banshee and Nyx are no longer usable. They are consuming energy double as fast as Energy Syphon can restore it. And lets not forget that Banshee aura is not of the same polarity as Energy Syphon. Even with maxed-out Streamline and Fleeting Expertise both abilities are no more viable for high levels. Now you can celebrate, anime-style. 

I'm sorry?

I just went into a mission with Banshee and I was still regenerating energy as usual. My abilities also cost the same amount of energy that they did before the patch as far as I'm aware.

Sound Quake does cost a lot to channel, though. That energy drains really really fast, and using it for the original 6-second duration is going to be really inefficient. If that's what you mean.

Emm, Energy Siphon restores 0.6 energy per second at max rank. I'm sure they'd put the cost at or above 1 energy per second...

Its worse than that. I guess its something between 5 and 8 energy per second, with Streamline and Fleeting Expertise maxed out. 

I can't use this ability forever!

Oh no!

Its like there was some conspiracy to nerf them and people are out to get this game! :O

DE DO SOMETHING FOR THE POOR KIDS IN AFRICA!

Seriously, they can tweak it if it proves to be too much.

Chill urself.

Congratulations for the nerfer gang on this new achievement. Now the ultimates of Banshee and Nyx are no longer usable. They are consuming energy double as fast as Energy Syphon can restore it. And lets not forget that Banshee aura is not of the same polarity as Energy Syphon. Even with maxed-out Streamline and Fleeting Expertise both abilities are no more viable for high levels. Now you can celebrate, anime-style. 

Perhaps they simply require more effort and timing to use effectively than the press-4-to-win panic button that they used to be.  I, personally, find the change to be quite liberating, if a bit more labor intensive.

And if it becomes too much of a problem, just politely request that the energy consumption rate for channeling be decreased to the equivalent of the old 100-energy per 6-second duration.  I'm sure we'll all back you on that.

My only concern is that now Silence does a better job of stunning enemies in an area than Sound Quake does. It just needs the channeling consumption rate toned down a little and it will probably be fine. But in no way was Banshee nerfed into the ground. She still has three other good abilities, something most frames can't claim.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

And if it becomes too much of a problem, just politely request that the energy consumption rate for channeling be decreased to the equivalent of the old 100-energy per 6-second duration.  I'm sure we'll all back you on that.

It was not 100 energy per 6 second, since Im using both Streamline and Fleeting Expertise maxed-out on this configuration. According to the wiki, this gives 25 energy consumption per 6 seconds (since the ability is not affected by duration mods). That is 4.16 energy per second, not 8 energy per second. The channeling is not being affected by the mods installed. 

They should just make the abilities cost as much per second as they costed before based on your efficiency and duration setup.  If that makes the abilities too flexible they can make the continuous cost begin only after the default duration is exceeded and make the ability cost the same amount to start up as it did before.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

yes it seems we need efficiency to raise little not much by the way 

It was not 100 energy per 6 second, since Im using both Streamline and Fleeting Expertise maxed-out on this configuration. According to the wiki, this gives 25 energy consumption per 6 seconds (since the ability is not affected by duration mods). That is 4.16 energy per second, not 8 energy per second. The channeling is not being affected by the mods installed. 

but you'll have to hold into account that will only matter if you really need to keep channeling for full duration each time as before you would be locked too even after overkill, and now you can use shorter burst if so you desire

They should just make the abilities cost as much per second as they costed before based on your efficiency and duration setup.  If that makes the abilities too flexible they can make the continuous cost begin only after the default duration is exceeded and make the ability cost the same amount to start up as it did before.  

worse is they actually do cost the same 25 cast + 75 for around 7 seconds, but is not really affected by power efficiency banshee was never affected by duration anyway

yes it seems we need efficiency to raise little not much by the way 

but you'll have to hold into account that will only matter if you really need to keep channeling for full duration each time as before you would be locked too even after overkill, and now you can use shorter burst if so you desire

worse is they actually do cost the same 25 cast + 75 for around 7 seconds, but is not really affected by power efficiency banshee was never affected by duration anyway

Agreed with the points there.

Nyx isn't nerfed to the ground, really. Her ability itself is useful because it gives her instant invincibility frame, a decent radial knockdown, for very little cost. Banshee, on the other hand, brings different problematics.

Therefore, DE may need to recheck the cost and efficiency of both, how they interact with mods, and how differently both powers should interact with mods (should one use less energy drain? etc).

Edited by Casardis

I will put this bluntly.

Sound quake is BROKEN.

In team environments it is now possible though energy vampire and team energy restores to keep going forever. (similarly with Undertow)

If energy restore was disabled from ANY source (or my preference, the sound quake power was reverted to original with option to cancel) this would be irrelevant.

In single play, sound quake gets nothing but range and damage modification. This means the ability can be so stupidly power wasting that SONIC BOOM can out damage per unit energy it. And that is just plain sad.

Absorb is also broken

It's saving grace is ONLY in team games where other players can nuke the hell out of it to charge it.

In single play it has an huge power draw, one that relegates it from a damage power to a CC power. And it similarly has lost the power efficiency that was so modded for by players.

Bottom line: GREAT idea; poor implementation.

Honestly we still need a better energy system it's the biggest issue with all frames that they can't restore they're own energy without rng energy orbs and restoration items, if that gets fixed then this issue wouldn't be a problem.

Cri moar, nerfs are needed.

In this case however, the power consumption rate is way too high for the amount of damage and the time SQ CCs. I was used to spamming 25 energy quakes for minutes on end if needed, but that's really not an option anymore.

Cri moar, nerfs are needed.

In this case however, the power consumption rate is way too high for the amount of damage and the time SQ CCs. I was used to spamming 25 energy quakes for minutes on end if needed, but that's really not an option anymore.

Did you really have to insult the guy and then agree with him? Nope. But whatever.