Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sybaris Is A Terrible Weapon. The Latron Is Better

Cyberspace100

The sybaris burst fire rifle released in update 13.3 is frankly a terrible weapon. There a many reasons for this which i will outline. I believe that extensive changes to this weapon should be made or it will be frankly a waste of resources and a bloody pain.

1) The magazine size is very small. It has a 10 round magazine, firing 2 burst per shot, which makes it essentially a 5 round magazine. At only 70 damage it will take at lleast 2 burst to kill a medium level enemy. If you are surrounded the YOU WILL DIE. after killing like 3 enemies you will have to reload.

NOTE: 1 clicks/shots=2 bullets  so 10 clicks/shots=5 bulltes

2) Reload speed is so loooong. 2 seconds. If you are surrounded then after killing 3 enemies you will be a siting duck for 2 whole seconds. With no iron skin or snow globe, frmaes with low amour like volt and nyx will be shot down while your allies laugh at your stupid choice of weapon.

3) Fire rate, 3.3 rounds a second. The Latron has 4.5 rounds a second. If you calculate it, the sybaris only does 95.8 more damage than the Latron. Yes it does more damage in fire rate but is has a S@#$% magazine size so it won't matter.

4) Its rank is 5. I can get a latron at rank 0 and it has a higher dps, it's cheap to craft and it rapes grineer. A tenno dojo weapon at rank five it much much worse.

The only pro is that it looks better that the latron. (barely)

Overall the sybaris is a terrible weapon compared to the latron and frankly is just a ruse to get players who don't have a dojo (like me) to buy EXPENSIVE platinum. 225 platinum at that. i could get 2 warfrmes and a sentinel for that much platinum.

I suggest that you increse the magazine size to 20. Making it essentially a 10 round magazine because of the 2 round burst. Also i suggest that and a 1.5 reload speed, not to big, but not terrible.

tell me what you think, do you agree or disagree? Suggest changes

Edited by Cyberspace100

the accuracy is good but the magazine is shamefull. Crowd control is an absolute no if you don't want to die

If it puts two bullets in a Grineer's head then it's a straight upgrade from the Grinlok.

10% more crit on top of doubles shots.

Factor in multishot, that means you have lots of crit rolls per trigger pull.

More base damage (70x2 = 140, vs 119 on the Grinlok).

Grinlock is only a 6 round mag. With Wildfire that's 7 rounds.

The Sybaris would be 10+2=12 = 6 shots.

Reloads slightly faster.

(not sure why you say 2sec reload is bad... that's pretty standard...).

Having used Grinlok to great effect I'm skeptical of your review. This sounds like an excellent high efficiency rifle for fighting Grineer or Corpus. I would set it up for anti-heavy, and pair it with a good pistol for shooting into crowds of light enemies. Akstilleto maybe, just for style points.

Edited by VKhaun

If it puts two bullets in a Grineer's head then it's a straight upgrade from the Grinlok.

10% more crit on top of doubles shots.

Factor in multishot, that means you have lots of crit rolls per trigger pull.

More base damage (70x2 = 140, vs 119 on the Grinlok).

Grinlock is only a 6 round mag. With Wildfire that's 7 rounds.

The Sybaris would be 10+2=12 = 6 shots.

Reloads slightly faster.

(not sure why you say 2sec reload is bad... that's pretty standard...).

Having used Grinlok to great effect I'm skeptical of your review. This sounds like an excellent high efficiency rifle for fighting Grineer or Corpus. I would set it up for anti-heavy, and pair it with a good pistol for shooting into crowds of light enemies. Akstilleto maybe, just for style points.

Tats all great really but the reload speed lets it down. and it essentially only a 5 round magazine becase ony click fires 2 shots. Why not save yourself the time and get the ginlock or latron

2 seconds reload is alright if your wepon has a large magazine. The sybaris only has 5 shots in its magazine. The braton froexample has 60 shots and a 2 second reload speed.

Edited by Cyberspace100

Tats all great really but the reload speed lets it down. and it essentially only a 5 round magazine becase ony click fires 2 shots. Why not save yourself the time and get the ginlock or latron

Because you can't get a consistent crit build out of the Grinlock. The Grinlok reloads slower and has only one more shot per magazine.

Also because I'm Rank 15 and I've done everything else but Brakk, so I need the mastery. XD

so? did you buy the weapon with plat and you are upset because u didnt like it? or you are upset because you dont have a dojo and cant build it? i need to understand your position before i actually consider your review, well... me and anyone needs.

My buddy is loving the Sybaris. The crit rate on it is hilariously high, especially if you factor in the fact it's burst fire. Add in multishot, and then remember that Rifles have the best Crit Damage mods (With both Hammer Shot, AND Vital Sense), and you can be obliterating stuff in a single trigger pull thanks to huge crits, which are basically guaranteed between the two shot burst+Multishot. Sure, the reload speed is long, and the mag size is small, but he's been consistently one shotting everything we've fought, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. (He bought it with plat, our research will be ready tomorrow) I might come and post again after trying it myself, but so far it seems like a solid high-accuracy weapon.

The problems you list are more a problem with high accuracy slow-fire weapons as a whole in this game, honestly, since they have such a hard time in ANY game that has trash mobs at all. Sniper rifles, and most of the slower firing semi-automatic rifles all get left in the dirt simply because it's hard to get a lot of efficiency out of a weapon made for killing individual targets, when fifteen guys are rushing down a hallway at you.

signed so that's less a fault of the Sybaris individually, and more just that style of weapon as a whole.

Zylo the Wolfbane

so? did you buy the weapon with plat and you are upset because u didnt like it? or you are upset because you dont have a dojo and cant build it? i need to understand your position before i actually consider your review, well... me and anyone needs.

I bought it with plat, it was very, very, bad

Edited by Cyberspace100

The problems you list are more a problem with high accuracy slow-fire weapons as a whole in this game, honestly, since they have such a hard time in ANY game that has trash mobs at all. Sniper rifles, and most of the slower firing semi-automatic rifles all get left in the dirt simply because it's hard to get a lot of efficiency out of a weapon made for killing individual targets, when fifteen guys are rushing down a hallway at you.

Slow fire wepons like the latron and the latron prime can be good for crowd control. Because of the high fire-rate. The sybaris has a slower fire rate and is much worse at crwod control. The magazine size DOSE NOT HELP. It also has a lower DPS to the latron.

Edited by Cyberspace100

Well, I haven't used Sybaris yet but I feel as though you aren't giving it much of a chance. It's only rank 5, so I can't imagine it's very heavily modded. But I do agree that the magazine size is too small for a burst rifle, but I'm not really sure that it was intended to be used at close range when you're "surrounded by enemies" as you said. I immediately took it as more of a long range weapon that I would pair with a close range secondary, like Detron or Brakk or even Akstilleto or something. Cause I'm not gonna sit in a group of enemies with Dread and try and kill em all; I'd use Despair and just end em all from close range. There are different uses for primaries and secondaries than just "kill." They have to have synergy; they're meant to be placed with one another in a harmonious pairing that ensures you have a way into and back out of every situation. That's my piece on this. Hope the feedback is appreciated.

I hear what your saying but I cant help but see the flaws in the points you put out in your original post, if your surrounded you can only fire 5 rounds before reload, if im surrounded I don't fire any shots, I get out and fire backwards while keeping moving, same about reload I take cover or I keep moving whatever is best to burn the time I need to reload, I never just stand there if something is firing at me or im being swarmed.

how have you modded the weapon?, have you tried whats most effective for your playstyle, because from what you've said so far you seem to be standing still and shooting at stuff, a precision weapon isn't really going to work for that you are more inclined to use a large magazine auto weapon or a shotgun.

not having a go at you but you seem to play very differently from me, I like to keep moving and dodge, I don't tend to stand around getting swarmed and I mainly use the grinlok or an amphis and a marelok for my frames, it allows me to do a lot of damage accurately while keeping moving, but we all play different games, maybe its just not the best suited weapon for your playstyle

Edited by Rovak

I hear what your saying but I cant help but see the flaws in the points you put out in your original post, if your surrounded you can only fire 5 rounds before reload, if im surrounded I don't fire any shots, I get out and fire backwards while keeping moving, same about reload I take cover or I keep moving whatever is best to burn the time I need to reload, I never just stand there if something is firing at me or im being swarmed.

The problem is that he doesnt need to avoid fire, cause warframe taught him hes immortal and shouldnt worry about being surrounded, he will just take his rifle and blow enemies to hell while they wont able to do anything to him.

I dont find sybaris as bad weapon, its stronger than grinlok but have its disadvantages.

At the same time when i said some time ago that de made latron prime too powerful majority of what i heard is that its still too weak. Well community got what it wanted, new weapons which arent as strong as latron prime.

Edited by Davoodoo

increasing magazine would be nice

with multishot on it feels like a shotgun in a good way

, i wanted this type of gun for a long time,

since i like burston prime and latron prime but both doesnt appeal for my preference of appearance sybaris made it happen

although i HAVE TO always bring a fully auto or OP sidearm to beat its "bad when cornerd by 100mobs " scenarios 

though i'd really love to have it with like, say, 16 bullets (8 shots) , but if not, i'd still make reload mod present in it.

(out of topic: im convinced of this gun rather of that tenno xbow its really badly made atleast make it projectile faster or cancel its arc)

Not really. The burston prime is a really good weapon, and can take down crowds like any full auto from personal experience.

still a Burst Weapon though. meaning it's handling is garbage.

Burst Weapons in Warframe are pitiful, and don't even remotely compare to the real world counterparts they're trying to imitate.

Well, I haven't used Sybaris yet but I feel as though you aren't giving it much of a chance. It's only rank 5, so I can't imagine it's very heavily modded. But I do agree that the magazine size is too small for a burst rifle, but I'm not really sure that it was intended to be used at close range when you're "surrounded by enemies" as you said. I immediately took it as more of a long range weapon that I would pair with a close range secondary, like Detron or Brakk or even Akstilleto or something. Cause I'm not gonna sit in a group of enemies with Dread and try and kill em all; I'd use Despair and just end em all from close range. There are different uses for primaries and secondaries than just "kill." They have to have synergy; they're meant to be placed with one another in a harmonious pairing that ensures you have a way into and back out of every situation. That's my piece on this. Hope the feedback is appreciated.

actually i dont have a problem with the mag, as you cant compare it to all the other burst fire rifles in game, those are mainly burst fire assault rifles, the mag size should be compared more with the grinlok. but this thing throws out way more damage than the grinlok, so to just look at raw mag capacity vs each other may not be so accurate because you also got to look at how many shots it will take you to put down a target, where it might take 2-3 in a grinlok fully modded i can see the sybaris putting the same target down in 1.

Currently using the Sybaris. Two formas on it. I make guys with a Burston/Burston Prime and Latron/Latron Prime look bad. Same goes for Vectis or any of the bows -- enemies are dead before they even get a chance to kill them.

I think the issue isn't the gun. It's the user.

Get gud

Edited by Vargras

Well, I'm 36 mins away from being able to start building it with a blueprint but my impression from complaints about it and reviews of it is that a smart player will be mighty with this weapon. Smart, in this case, means that you:

1. Don't try to crowd control with a precise high-damage low-capacity weapon. You will fail because you're doing it wrong.

2. Bring a weapon that fills in the gaps of the Sybaris' weaknesses. If you fail to do this, you will fail because you're doing it wrong.

3. If you expect to be swarmed with infested, have a melee weapon of crowd-control awesome. If you don't do this, you will fail because you're doing it wrong.

Without getting into anything about the weapon itself, if you do it wrong, you will fail with the best weapon in the game. I love my Vectis but if I take it on infested survival, I'm doing it wrong and will fail. I love my Drakgoon but if I take it to fight robots, I'm doing ti wrong and will fail. If I take the Sybaris to fight an assload of infested running at me to eat my face, I'm doing it wrong and will fail. If you don't do it wrong, the Sybaris has promise.