Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Punished For Not Knowing About Warframe Sooner.

Lancars

I have no problem with some event or pay to get cosmetic stuff. But there are some game changing mods out there that are not obtainable. Also it's not clear that if they ever come back, even if they comes back it's not clear when? Some people dropping 500+ plats on them. Hell it's not even clear whats gonna happen to those arcane helmets. Most of them capable of removig one mod from your build. It's tottally not feels alright playing with %70 effectiveness next to a guy who has joined the game earlier.

I have no problem with some event or pay to get cosmetic stuff. But there are some game changing mods out there that are not obtainable. Also it's not clear that if they ever come back, even if they comes back it's not clear when? Some people dropping 500+ plats on them. Hell it's not even clear whats gonna happen to those arcane helmets. Most of them capable of removig one mod from your build. It's tottally not feels alright playing with %70 effectiveness next to a guy who has joined the game earlier.

The event mods are most definitely going to be re-released at one point or another - that is pretty clear - it's just a matter of when. There are really only two logical timeframes when they will be released in my opinion: 1.) They release the Cicero and Tethra mods soon with the introduction of whatever system they will be dropped from OR 2.) They won't be released until all of the elementals have been covered (ice we can expect in less than two or three months as the ice event is right around the corner, followed by the fire event farther ahead in the future) at which I would estimate sometime by the end of this year at the latest. As for people dropping mounds of platinum on them... hey, hope it was worth it. It's simply a matter of patience. Yeah it could be a very long time, but I guess that's how DE feels it's the best way to do it - otherwise they'd have already come back or news of their return would be in the works by now.

The arcane helmets are an entirely different matter - those were removed under the precedent that they aren't coming back ever - not because DE wants to jack up platinum revenue, but because they felt they no longer had a place in the game. I personally thought that DE handled it poorly over all, and that there were better ways of going about the problem - but I'm not sure there's any way we can set back the clocks now even if DE wanted to.

Everything will come around again, hopefully the Excal Prime will be re-released as a 'buy in' again too.

But I would not hold your breath - people get really really sensitive about anything that says 'exclusive' on it.

And to answer the OP - yes, DE has decided that those who started earlier should have an advantage in weapons, mods, and frames.  So far it has, with the exception of a select few items and mods, proven to be true. 

everything is subject to change is ll I am saying. . . but keep posting the link if it helps you sleep.

Actually, the Founders exclusives will be the only thing not subject to change.  DE stated that they can't do anything with it because of how things were worded and that their "feet were held to the fire on that one"  

everything is subject to change is ll I am saying. . . but keep posting the link if it helps you sleep.

If you simply refuse to listen to the devs themselves, there's certainly nothing I can say to sway you, so I won't even bother.

Well, I've been playing for a year, and I can safely say that I almost never use the event exclusive weps. They are so powerful that gameplay becomes stale and boring with them. Same reason why I don't use the Soma any more. So don't worry about the exclusives. You'll get more soon.

Speaking from a Grandmasters perspective I don't care in the least if those items came back, but fair is far, if I paid $250 or whatever for Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime and like, I dunno, 6k platinum but so should everyone else who wants those items

Considering that's a discount on just the platinum, let alone two Prime weapons and a Prime frame, I don't see who WOULDN'T if they could.

New users get access to the pretty toys.

DE gets more money.

Snarling prestige hoarders get angry.

Everybody wins.

Actually, the Founders exclusives will be the only thing not subject to change. DE stated that they can't do anything with it because of how things were worded and that their "feet were held to the fire on that one".

I'd be fascinated to know how many people who have that package of exclusives

a) still play Warframe at all

b) play using those Prime items

I have a feeling it would expose the root issue pretty clearly.

Edited by Frigglish

Considering that's a discount on just the platinum, let alone two Prime weapons and a Prime frame, I don't see who WOULDN'T if they could.

New users get access to the pretty toys.

DE gets more money.

Snarling prestige hoarders get angry.

Everybody wins.

I'd be fascinated to know how many people who have that package of exclusives

a) still play Warframe at all

b) play using those Prime items

I have a feeling it would expose the root issue pretty clearly.

It doesn't really matter.  DE has put their foot down on the issue and isn't turning back.  Closest thing we could possibly get is having founders items being made tradeable.

Edited by Aggh

While I'm inclined to agree, due to how black and white it's stated, that was said more than a year ago - and what has seemed to happen is that policies regarding those types of previously exclusive items has evolved in the back of DE's collective consciousness as the game has grown from a simple idea into the company's lifeblood. If there hasn't been a recent statement about these types of policies within the past 4 or 5 months or so, we really need DE to re-address their feelings about these types of things explicitly in order to tell us how things work now. In short, let's not assume old data like this is still being followed religiously until stated otherwise.

Why would DE have to continue to address the same thing every few months? In 5 or 6 more months are they going to have to make another statement about founder items not coming back? Pretty sure why they dont talk about it in every community hot topic (since it is a hot topic every week it seems) is because they already said that this stuff wont be coming back.

What makes this quote even more hilarious to me is that existentialvoid saying the founders items will probably be coming back and then you quote him and link to a place where it clear as day saying its not coming back. The exact same thing I did with the vandal exclusives yet you're saying you think DE should re-address these.

Think people should just assume they are not returning since thats the last thing DE has said about them. "But wait there was that disney vault thing mention in a live stream" you say. Yeah they never mentioned anything about what specific items they would bring back they could have been talking about the snipetron vandal (which wasnt a closed beta exlcusive) or the wraith weapons. Its not as clear a statement like the links provided.

If they brought them back or kept them exclusive I wouldn't really care. Pretty much all the exclusive items are mastery fodder anyways. I'm just trying to provide links to things that shows DEs thoughts on the matter.

It doesn't really matter.  DE has put their foot down on the issue and isn't turning back.  Closest thing we could possibly get is having founders items being made tradeable.

Oh, sure, but it's fun to watch, you know?

"Founder's exclusive items! Few of them still play! None use those items! It's like they never existed at all, except that some people feel superior for having leveled and sold them."

I know I've never once seen any of the exclusives in a game. Any.

@Frigglish
I use the founders exclusives quite a bit actually when I just want to fool around and have some fun.

Equipping the Excal, Lato, Skana, and Braton primes and just having a blast against a few bosses with friends.

Excal prime is actually one of my favorite frames in the game.  I've used him at all levels of play, including extra long T3S and T3D.

And so what if *you* haven't seen any of them?
That just means that either:
A) people in your area dont use them
B) you just haven't played pubs enough
C) Both of the above

@Yezzik
For the mastery I see no issue with that, especially with the founders gear as they will never be returning.
In fact I support that idea.
They should do that with all of the event items that they will never return for sure.
Maybe as a cheap BP in the tenno lab or something that is one use only, or something else.

For the other events items that they do want to return I just hope that they do it sooner rather than later.

Most event weapons are just above average now to be honest. the only strong one was Strun wraith, which has being nerfed to oblivion.

Originally 50% crit, and 190 damage.

Now it is a mere shadow of it's original self after 2 nerfs to it's critical rate and 1 big nerf to it's damage.

That "Nerf" on the crit chance was a bug fix. They changed it from 50% within hours of its release. A pellet shotgun with 50% crit chance guarantees crits all the time. Edited by Ionus

@Frigglish

I use the founders exclusives quite a bit actually when I just want to fool around and have some fun.

Equipping the Excal, Lato, Skana, and Braton primes and just having a blast against a few bosses with friends.

Excal prime is actually one of my favorite frames in the game.  I've used him at all levels of play, including extra long T3S and T3D.

C) Both of the above

USWest. My clan consists of 4 other people, and I'm the only person in it who works night shifts. Seen plenty of pubs. I'm not saying it's not anecdotal, but I would wager the average player won't see more than one of them in a year.

Oh, sure, but it's fun to watch, you know?

"Founder's exclusive items! Few of them still play! None use those items! It's like they never existed at all, except that some people feel superior for having leveled and sold them."

I know I've never once seen any of the exclusives in a game. Any.

Very true.

Lato and Skana Prime are low to mid tier at best.

@Yezzik

For the mastery I see no issue with that, especially with the founders gear as they will never be returning.

They should do that with all of the event items that they will never return for sure.

Maybe as a cheap BP in the tenno lab or something that is one use only, or something else.

For the other events items that they do want to return I just hope that they do it sooner rather than later.

Kudos on having a sense of perspective.

In my case, I'm thinking ahead to the Focus system and PvP/competitive PvE development.

If Focus is a game-changer, then--to use right now as an example--Founders have a power boost I'd have to wait weeks, if not months, to counteract.

@Yezzik
Exactly why I agree with having a BP or something that grants people the mastery for the 100% never returning items.
Ever since they mentioned the Focus system and how mastery will be important and tie into that I've voiced my support for ways to close the mastery gap between the players who have the founders/closed beta gear/retired items and those who dont.
Its only fair and right.
I may be against the return of those items(mostly founders and closed beta vandals.  Couldn't care less about any other 'exclusive' event weapon) I see no reason that the mastery points, and therefore the focus system, should have a gap.

A few questions.

How and why do you have 2 machete wraiths?

Why are you linking a pic with the plasma sword highlighted?

It was a bug with the reward distribution, i also got it. I sold the extra machete but that also mean i got 2 free wep slots in total, and i still have an extra Brakk BP (the one that only requires some cheap ressources). I also got 2 event badge but they don't add up ^^'.

Edited by Kurtys

DE has officially stated in a live stream that the past event rewards will be returning in the future in other events.

The only things that WONT be returning are:

-Founder Gear (Excal, Lato and Skana prime)

-Closed beta exclusives (Braton and Lato Vandal)

All other exclusive weapons have a chance at returning at some point, so just keep playing.

Event mods were never stated to be exclusive. They just haven't made their way into the drop table and I hope they get in their soon.

Actually the Lato V and Braton V are not exclusive, they may return if DE wants them to. The only ones they can't are the Founders, for legal reasons. Edited by MysticShimmer

@Frigglish

C) Both of the above

@Yezzik

Warframe's player population was a lot smaller during most of the time that founders packs were available for purchase, and only a minority of that player base bought founders packs (or even spent money at all if the game follows any of the trends that most f2p games see).  Of course you're not going to see many founders items.  Especially when many founders are busy leveling up piles of other weapons. 

Is it really so suprising that someone wouldn't always be using their founders gear when they have 23 other frames and well over a hundred other weapons they could be using?