Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Max Rankzeez For Us All :3

Somedude1000

A little while back i posted this;

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/224805-none-of-us-will-reach-rank-30-with-numbers-3/ 

Now though I realise, that there is a high probability that DE will eventually release enough content for anyone to reach rank 30, even without exclusive weapons and so forth 

Or will they? what do you think? Suggestions here :D

Godspeed :D

Maybe for now, but they say that when focus comes (no hype intended) The number of focus abilities we can use will depend on mastery :D

I'm pretty sure it is your EXP earned, regardless of MR, that increases your Focus stuff. So using a max rank weapon will still progress your Focus.

I'm pretty sure it is your EXP earned, regardless of MR, that increases your Focus stuff. So using a max rank weapon will still progress your Focus.

Devstream says MR will affect Focus as well as maxed gear

Still up in the air at this point

I am so proud of most of you for properly acknowledging how Focus works! Steve said it's coming with U14, so they don't have a ton of time to lock down how it works... then again, it's DE. They'll probably change how it works at 7PM on patch day and release it at 5 AM on Thursday.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Maybe for now, but they say that when focus comes (no hype intended) The number of focus abilities we can use will depend on mastery :D

so many ppl are just ignoring/refusing to acknowledge this... gonna come back to bite A LOT of players

half of us are gonna be Super Saiyan 3... the other half are gonna be Mr. Satan

lol

Edited by Kartumterek

so many ppl are just ignoring/refusing to acknowledge this... gonna come back to bite A LOT of players

half of us are gonna be Super Saiyan 3... the other half are gonna be Mr. Satan

lol

And thats the crux of the problem -- the terrible design of the Mastery system. As this stand now, Mastery = "I level crap I don't care about for points" and that is a bad design. It is the equivalent of "You need a level 40 warrior to unlock the lvl80 talent for your rogue". For the current system to work, you'd need an insane abundance of Warframes and weapons so you can actually reach the "cap" by playing around with gear you actually are interested in and care about, instead of ranking up gear to 30 and canning it just because it gives Mastery.

It is a system thats terrible by design and one thats unfit for purpose.

Edited by XAN3MK

And since Focus isn't out yet, it can completely change.

While true one of the stated purposes of focus was to give mastery rank meaning. It would be a pretty astounding reversal if they do move away from that. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but it does mean it is probably unwise to completely ignore mastery if you have the means to rank higher.