Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Ember Extinguished?

TheFirstRonin

As for Embers i see few, but as for Ember Prime, well, those are increasing.

Last night made a survival in Ceres with 3 Ember Prime, just my luck.

As for buff/nerf, can't say, i don't have it ^^ can't complain of something i don't know/play

Edited by Endrance

There are many reasons (what other people think)

1. People think ember is weak, and that is kind of true since here very low health does not compensate for her DPS

2. People hate the accelerant change

3. Ember Prime looks 10x better so people are going for that first.

The truth is she is quite strong, she might actually be the most op after the nova nerf. Her accelerant ability is fantastic in combination with fireball. Here 3rd and 4th abilities kinda of suck though. The third one lasts long but does DoT. And the fourth one has good damage but does not last long... at all its probably the shortest (duration) ultimate cast in the game.

Edited by TraparDensity

2. People hate the accelerant change

Basically this.

Ember was designed and implemented as a pure offensive glass cannony type frame, but they gave her a defensive skill and that's what she became famous for min maxing. They took it away and replaced it with Accelerant so she could debuff and CC to better use her offense. Everyone got butthurt.

Her new Accelerant skill is flatly overpowered. Don't let the thread derail to discuss it when someone quotes me to argue, just go look at the numbers on the wiki and realize it applies to fire damage from guns as well.

The problem is that her #3 skill has a very low max target count, her #1 skill is just not strong enough to lean on, and her #4 skill has a horrendously long cast time and is very mod intensive. It's just a design and history that has tied itself in knots and made her unpopular despite nothing being wrong with her.

Any day now her #4 will be made into a toggle, and she'll make a CRAZY comeback as it becomes trivially easy to just leave that on and tap Accelerant as needed.

Edited by VKhaun

A good ember will bring accelerant and weapons with fire damage. Fire blast is a bit meh, fireball is reasonable vs accelerant-coated enemies and world on fire is good but heavily reliant on mods.

The vast majority of people are still crying about overheat being taken away and are unable to adapt.

I whipped out my Ember Prime a little while back to test and see how good she really is.

For any normal content she is a monster, the amount of Firepower (pun intended) she brings to a fight is amazing. Stacking up 150% fire damage on your gun also works rather well with the debuff accelerant gives.

Lots of fun to play, and very viable for most content is my opinion on her, the only problem I had was burning through my Energy pool, max efficiency does make up for that a bit though. Meh, more people need to run Siphon

Ember's Accelerant is very potent right now, and she's a pretty fun frame to play. Only reason I don't use her as much is because I'm typically in mastery grind mode all the time and need experience on my weapons rather than my frames.

Ember's my go to character for Infested, mainly because I like putting an Ignis to their warped faces and going to town. I never used her before the Overheat removal, but I think I would still prefer Accelerant over it. I mean 500% more fire damage is pretty brutal, especially with the aforementioned Ignis, and it makes Ember deal sick damage like she was meant to, rather than just steal Rhino's job.

That being said though, they could just add some damage reduction to World on Fire and make everyone happy.

Edited by Paradoxbomb