Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons That Are Too Simple To Avoid Makeing

Beial

is there a weapon you wish the devs took the time to make? talk about what you would like to see in the future and don't be an &#!

I would like to see heavy primary weapons get introduced - including a redesign of the Ogris - By that I mean the way it's held and maybe increase of size, not the way it looks.

So we could have actual miniguns. Or real flamethrowers.

The Ignis looks really cool and all, but compared to a heavy flame thrower the ignis looks like a lighter.

There is a great variety of weapons in game already. Unofortunately, most of them are just bad in terms of damage or have huge downsides with no redeeming qualities. Like the flamethrower. Great concept but lousy weapon. We don't need more weapon, we only need the ones in game to be working.

We don't need more weapon, we only need the ones in game to be working.

There is nothing wrong with more weapons. New content and balancing can occur simultaneously. I definitely agree that many weapons need to have some buffs though. The game needs a steady addition of both new content and balancing to keep old and new players alike with a lot to do for the foreseeable future.

Pretty sure Lanka is a railgun that can fire through walls.

Clearly you haven't been on the Fan Concepts forum recently, so allow me to explain.

Lanka is not a railgun.

A railgun is a high-powered, rail-based weapon that fires a projectile with extremely high penetration.

Lanka is a coilgun, which fires projectiles via electromagnetic induction - thus, not hit-scan and not penetrative.

I do apologise for me having to type this but after being on that forum, I can't stop myself when people say Lanka is a railgun.

The weapon I want to see is a railgun (surprise surprise) or maybe a nodachi. A plasma chainsaw, aforementioned, would be cool too - so would Ash's wristblades or Valkyr's claws imitated to some degree. 

Or a handheld Nova. That'd be awesome too.

Clearly you haven't been on the Fan Concepts forum recently, so allow me to explain.

Lanka is not a railgun.

A railgun is a high-powered, rail-based weapon that fires a projectile with extremely high penetration.

Lanka is a coilgun, which fires projectiles via electromagnetic induction - thus, not hit-scan and not penetrative.

I do apologise for me having to type this but after being on that forum, I can't stop myself when people say Lanka is a railgun.

Lanka has innate punch through, it IS penetrative.

is there a weapon you wish the devs took the time to make? talk about what you would like to see in the future and don't be an &#!

I wish they would take the time to make a better first weapon, even taking out the mk1-braton and making the braton the started weapon would be a good step forward.