The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plasma Sword Vs Prova

Wolfstorm18

Plasma sword do 35 damage and spend 10 stamina per swing. It have 15% critical chance, 15% status chance, requires mastery rank 0 and no forma to build. Its blueprint is obtainable through alerts. 

Prova do 35 damage and spend 12 stamina per swing. It have 5% critical chance, 10% status chance, requires mastery rank 3 and a forma to build. Its blueprint is obtainable through Dojo research. 

Logic? 

Why are they pure electric? Why even have two 35 damage electric melee weapons?

One you can swing while running and one that I hate because there are two 35 damage electric melee weapons.

More than just these two, we've got Plasma Sword, Prova, Lecta, and now Serro...

The Corpus must have missed the memo about electric being terrible for fighting the grineer.

More than just these two, we've got Plasma Sword, Prova, Lecta, and now Serro...

The Corpus must have missed the memo about electric being terrible for fighting the grineer.

Well the Serro tore apart ship hulls..... I don't understand how, with its windshield-wiper rotating arc blades that doesn't cut anything. 

Seriously, ditch the whole 'rotating blade' moving model thing and give it some Puncture/Slash damage.

I'm still trying to rationalize the Tenno recreating the Prova when the Lecta is available on the black market.

I swear the Plasma sword had High impact damage, rather than Electric damage before Melee 2.0

Yes, before Melee 2.0 the Plasma Sword did Impact damage for some reason.

In a time before that, Gram was just an especially large Plasma Sword.

And before that, they were both terrible. Still are. But they were then too.

I swear the Plasma sword had High impact damage, rather than Electric damage before Melee 2.0

it did. for some extremely do reason the plasma sword was chosen to replace the lecta as the "35 damage electric weapon" while the lecta was bumped up to a 45 damage electric weapon.

DE logic i guess

Plasma sword do 35 damage and spend 10 stamina per swing. It have 15% critical chance, 15% status chance, requires mastery rank 0 and no forma to build. Its blueprint is obtainable through alerts. 

Prova do 35 damage and spend 12 stamina per swing. It have 5% critical chance, 10% status chance, requires mastery rank 3 and a forma to build. Its blueprint is obtainable through Dojo research. 

Logic? 

Are you new to warframe?!.... This is what DE does for some time now.

In the time that only some weapons were clan tech, the market weapons were always better. It didn't matter, for example, that for the synapse you had to build a dojo, build the lab, make the research, use forma, needed mastery level and it was weaker than Soma that you could build from plans baught at the market and needed less mastery.

Prova.

- Attack rate : 1,0.

Plasma Sword

- Attack rate : 0,7.

So you build a Dojo, spend lots of formas to build corridors, oracle, corpus tech lab, do some research, spend one more forma, just to get +0.3 speed. 

Edited by Wolfstorm18

It's a well known fact that DEvs don't care weapon balance at the moment (and probably won't care for quite some time)

There's also the fact that weapon acquisition difficulty (crafting costs, rng factors, mastery rank requirements, etc) don't seem to be an important metric in determining weapon's power. 

So my best advice is to just stop caring and go kill some S#&$

Edit: I mean, kill S#&$ in game

Edited by WhisperByte