Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Really Irks Me About A Minority/majority Of Players...

HalotroopermanX7

Is that (some, much rather a large fraction) players complain and whine about the changes in Warframe as if it's already a finished product... you see what those words say on the top right corner of the screen before you log in? Yeah, that's what I thought... what it currently says:

13 The Dark Sectors: >>>OPEN BETA<<<

Seriously, you guys gotta cut DE some slack, Warframe is in OPEN (FREAKING) BETA

Do I have to say it again?

It is truly infuriating to see someone say "Blah Blah Blah... Whine Whine Whine... You totally ruined this frame!  FIX IT NOW DE!"... and most of all "You totally ruined the game..." 

My main point is... there is only so much that DE can put out for us, and we should be grateful that DE has made this game free to play (not pay to win) and it won't hurt a little bit to at least appreciate and help DE improve the game instead of whining and asking for DE to do something as if they're your servants.

(Sorry, I just had to get my negative feelings about this topic out, if feelings are hurt or something like that, I am truly sorry.)

What irks me is that people bring up this damn subject.

We get way too much of this already, this really doesn't help, other than you getting to get something off your chest.

Edited by Farren

I feel as though DE calls it "Open Beta" because unlike most online games, things are always changing and being reworked. We can't expect the best game in the history of ever to happen every update, but we can't excuse all of these flaws with, "GAIS SHADUP ITS IN BETA111111"

The in game shop is open, they rely on players to spend money on plat and they create content to keep the people who have already play a lot. This game is functionally out of beta. Just because the game is being somewhat regularly updated does not mean you can wave around your beta excuse otherwise you could say that league of legends, world of warcraft and any other game that have constant updates or new content are still in beta.

i think you missed  the point.. its been open beta for over a year.

what games do you know that have been an open beta  for years? ill wait.

War Thunder maybe? They're doing that sorta thing, and the space flight game by the same guys that make WT. Those are 2 off the top of my head personally. Well, for long term beta anyway, not necessarily years.

what games do you know that have been an open beta  for years? ill wait.

Planetside 2

Minecraft ("Eternal Alpha", and you had to pay for the non-browser version)

SMITE (now released, but still counts for being in OB for a long time)

Probably a lot more that I haven't heard of.

Edited by ScorpDK

Did you just complain / whine about complainers / whiners ? Strange. Let me complain about complainer complainers - damn now I am a complainer complainer complainer. Should I open a new thread for that ?

Hummm.

Back to the point. Its Open Beta ? Maybe they want / need some feedback especially while in Beta and the best feedback often is criticism. Furthermore the money that people pay is not in beta so customers might want to express their oppinion every now and then.

The reason there are more complaints then praise is that things that are good dont have to be changed and thus dont need feedback.

Edited by AdFinitum

The thing is ppl want the best from this game, and when DE makes genius decisions like arc traps, the community actually tries to change the flow of events.

Although some feedback are really aggressive and rude, DE still likes and actually uses all our feedback.

I don't mind that this game is in beta. There are problems of course.

BUT! It's highly recommended to report bugs/glitches/problems that affects your gameplay.

Some people provide feedback, and some lash out. While, yes, they should have just calmly reported what the problem was, but we're all humans, and we will have moments where we lash out. Understandable.

BUT! You can't keep using the excuse "It's still in beta". That can only last so long. AND if this game stays in beta for SO long, then this game is in serious trouble....... It will eventually come out of beta, and if then, there are still major/annoyances in the game, people will react/lash out more harshly.

we should be grateful that DE has made this game free to play

There are more games in existance today than there are hours of the day to play them... I'm not saying we shouldn't be grateful, but give me a @(*()&#036; break. The quality of their product will determinte how grateful I am, not the fact that it's F2P.

Perhaps people consider warframe not to be beta because most changes, like the stat helms changes, void reward drops, invasion rewards etc haev become permanent. To most people, beta means things keep changing, although this happens much slower in warframe 

Godspeed :D

Nice guys finish laaast~

Thank you for the compliment, I suppose.

Although considering I tend to post that Gif within the first page of most complaint threads before others do, does that mean I finish last..?

I am confuse. But Unrustled.

ee1.gif

Edited by HiddenKharma

If I may, the term for games "beta" has lost a lot of its meaning because of games like this that are already more or less "finished," just works in progress.  It's not a beta, it's a released product freely open to the public.  I mean no malice by saying this, but the term "beta" seems to be used more as something to hide behind for when something slips through QA and goes wrong on live.  It happens to the best of games, QA isn't perfect--I know from personal experience!  I also know from personal experience in community management that people will complain about literally anything, so I don't think it's even a necessary shield to hide behind...

Now we have "early access alpha" and whatnot...  I guess I don't have any better suggestions for what to call these game builds, but it still kind of irks me that our terminology is losing its meaning.  Somewhat related, how come no one uses the term "Release Candidate" anymore?  :P