Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nami Solo = Argon, Nami Skyla = No Argon?

Retrosaur

Nice logic DE.  You require 1 Argon crystal to make the Nami Solo, which is solely the cutlass.

But Nami Skyla? Comprised of both the Cutlass and the Dagger, requires NO Argon Crystal.

Confusing....

You could make the recipe for Nami Skyla include one Nami Solo....

Why would one part of a combo require argon, whereas the combo itself require no argon.

That's just plain off, especially as crafting recipes go.

Imagine if the Nikana required Argon Crystal, but the Dragon Nikana didn't require the Nikana an didn't require Argon.  Would that have made sense?

DE doesn't know where to draw the line on the use of bull extract (AKA Argon). They introduce a new resource so their first thought is to shove it down everyone's throat even where it doesn't belong. Because all previous content is irrelevant in the name of profit.

Profit numbs the feeling

- Alad V

Nami Solo also has completely different stats. I understand it has less damage than Nami Skyla but why does it have 25% status? DE nerf plx.

But it doesn't really matter since they are two completely different weapons with different stances and animations and usage. Only things that are the same is the model and name.

It's literally just there as a wall, nothing more nothing less.  The whole idea is to make you jump through a hoop to get it rather than just snapping your fingers and being done.

Also, melee weapon crafting recipes already never rarely made sense comparatively to gun ones so that's nothing new here.

Nice logic DE.  You require 1 Argon crystal to make the Nami Solo, which is solely the cutlass.

But Nami Skyla? Comprised of both the Cutlass and the Dagger, requires NO Argon Crystal.

Confusing....

You could make the recipe for Nami Skyla include one Nami Solo....

one Argon Crystal For you

2 Argon Crystals for me

screenshot_4.png

Eh this is something I've gotten used to. It's very annoying, but what can I honestly do other than suck it up and farm the Argon Crystals for it?

If we all just suck it up, DE's gonna make bigger grindwalls which will later turn into paywalls.

Argon is required to separate the magical bond that holds the Nami Skyla together.

I mean, it's not like you could just take a Nami Skyla and just chuck the Skyla away. That's almost as stupid as crafting two pistols without having an orokin cell to make it into dual pistols. 

It's literally just there as a wall, nothing more nothing less.  The whole idea is to make you jump through a hoop to get it rather than just snapping your fingers and being done.

Also, melee weapon crafting recipes already never rarely made sense comparatively to gun ones so that's nothing new here.

basically this.

i wouldn't be surprised if everything that wasn't clan tech needed argon at this point.

Not only that, we have another Cestra / Dual Cestra issue: Nami Solo is market, Nami Skyla is labtech... the genius of DE strikes again! -.-

EDIT: Not only that, why the heck is it a "Machete"? "Machetes" in this game (meaning, Machete, Prova and Kama) are all weapons you would go hack and slash/smash with, rather than being swords with a pointy end. Thus, this weaponcategory could've been a great place to put all singlehanded axes/sickles, singlehanded maces/batons and all machetes (aka, non-thrusting weapons) and use non-thrusting animations for these weapons...

What do they do? They add a regular sword to the list of "Machetes".... GENIUS AGAIN! >_>

Just whatever you do, never EVER expect logic, balance or consistency from DE. They just don't know those 3 words.

Edited by Azamagon

Nami Solo also has completely different stats. I understand it has less damage than Nami Skyla but why does it have 25% status? DE nerf plx.

But it doesn't really matter since they are two completely different weapons with different stances and animations and usage. Only things that are the same is the model and name.

The Solo needs that status to even be considered as a possible weapon to use for anything besides mastery. With lower damage and requiring 2 argon crystals, it should have something going for it

EDIT: Not only that, why the heck is it a "Machete"? "Machetes" in this game (meaning, Machete, Prova and Kama) are all weapons you would go hack and slash/smash with, rather than being swords with a pointy end. Thus, this weaponcategory could've been a great place to put all singlehanded axes/sickles, singlehanded maces/batons and all machetes (aka, non-thrusting weapons) and use non-thrusting animations for these weapons...

What do they do? They add a regular sword to the list of "Machetes".... GENIUS AGAIN! >_>

Nami is a cutlass; for all intents and purposes it is pretty close to a machete.

Another argument is that there is already way too many swords and a palpable lack of machetes.

Edited by Artarrwen

I wouldn´t complain, it is a different kind of weapon and argon isn´t that hard to get, specially if only two. Maybe I was upset when argon was first released but now I know that it is so easy to get and I don´t have to worry about it, I mean that in one day i builded Hidroid parts because I already put crafting the nikana and I had too many argon cristals.

So I guess people are complaining for going to farm a material for a weapon since they can´t craft it wiith the ressources they had stocked and have to play for it. The goal of every game is playing it and the argon cristal helps with that and ads something new so I don´t think this is something about to post.

Nami is a cutlass; for all intents and purposes it is pretty close to a machete.

Another argument is that there is already way too many swords and a palpable lack of machetes.

While the Nami is "ok" as a Machete, wouldn't it be better if they added similar weapons to this misnamed category? We already have

* A stunbaton

* A sickle

* 2 Machetes

It feels like "Machete" is more like the single axe/mace/non-stabby-sword category. Let's call it "Brutal Weapons" instead of "Machetes". Then they could add more onehanded maces and onehanded axes in there, on top of the machetes. The Nami being a Machete felt a little forced in there.

I wouldn´t complain, it is a different kind of weapon and argon isn´t that hard to get, specially if only two. Maybe I was upset when argon was first released but now I know that it is so easy to get and I don´t have to worry about it, I mean that in one day i builded Hidroid parts because I already put crafting the nikana and I had too many argon cristals.

So I guess people are complaining for going to farm a material for a weapon since they can´t craft it wiith the ressources they had stocked and have to play for it. The goal of every game is playing it and the argon cristal helps with that and ads something new so I don´t think this is something about to post.

If it's so easy, where do you usually get it ? (I'm not against you, I'm just curious.)

If it's so easy, where do you usually get it ? (I'm not against you, I'm just curious.)

I'd recommend Survival or Capture. When I go to Void Capture (Master Thief installed, mind you) I pretty much ALWAYS get at least 1 Argon Crystal. And I'm not exactly lucky in regards to drops in this game...

I'd recommend Survival or Capture. When I go to Void Capture (Master Thief installed, mind you) I pretty much ALWAYS get at least 1 Argon Crystal. And I'm not exactly lucky in regards to drops in this game...

Thanks for the advice tenno, I was already seeing myself crafting Vay Hek keys & looking for it for hours in the boss stage... :p