Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Legendary Myth Dubbed "gleaming Talon"

SnoWidget

For the fun of it I'm going to be posting an update every time I do a xini run of how many other mods I got from it so far. 

By the looks of it so far I have-

33 Slash dash

31 reach

21 fury

41 rip line

14 reaping spirals 

12 smite grineer

5 mind control

10 diamond skin

So maybe I haven't sacrificed enough goats to the RNG gods lately to get this mod but has anyone else been having trouble getting it? 

Been running Xini for about the past few weeks now only to leave every time with a handful of diamond skin mods...

Edited by SnoWidget

I received Gleaming Talon the first day it was available. If GT was as difficult as you make it seem, wouldn't the mod be selling for hundreds of platinum?

RNG was mercyfull to you that day, never saw another GT since that day, have you?

Transmutation is most certainly not my friend right now. If I get one more Steel Fibre for my sentinal I swear...

Anyway, GT is a rare drop off a rare enemy. Your going to need a lot of sacrifices to get that one.

Still hunting this one myself too. Transmuting so far has got me everything BUT Gleaming Talon - hell, I've got about 4 Crushing Ruins, 3 Brutal Tides and 3 Crimson Dervishes from Transmuting alone.

One day Xini will grant me a Gleaming Talon. Probably around the same time I see the Harvester again.

Running leech farms for 2 weeks, no drops.

Nothing from Transmutation.

When I've asked in trade chat, no one is selling it.

Gotta love RNG...

Yeah I wish we had a system which didn't require MMO-like grinding...

I've burned through all my credits and rare mods that I have amassed since day one (Having never transmuted before), and was down to my last four rare mods when the Random Number God finally appeared.

His face was obstructed by the holy light as he approaches me, gently placing his hands over mine. Then he withdrew his hands, revealing.... 

Reflex Guard.

I have have now embark on the treacherous journey into "Real Life", in hope of finding a few healthy goats. Will return when there are results.

With Transmutation, is it better to Transmute 4 rares, 4 uncommons, or 4 commons to get these stances?   Does one yield better odds than others?  Does transmuting particular mods have a better chance than other mods?  

I know it costs more to transmute rare and uncommon mods, but I haven't had any luck at all with transmutation previously.  In fact, most of the time in the past when I transmute 4 rare waframe mods, I get a common mod back so yeah... any way to game the RNG in any way with transmutation? 

With Transmutation, is it better to Transmute 4 rares, 4 uncommons, or 4 commons to get these stances? Does one yield better odds than others? Does transmuting particular mods have a better chance than other mods?

With Transmutation, everything is down to chance. However, using certain mods will affect your chances for a particular rarity of mods:

- Using mod of a particular rarity will give you a greater chance of obtaining mods of the same rarity, i.e. using Rare mods increases your chances of getting Rare mods.
- Using all mods of a particular polarity appears to give you better chances of obtaining a mod with the same polarity, i.e. using mods with v polarity will give you good chances of getting a mod with v polarity.

As mentioned though, everything is up to chance, and you still have a chance of getting a common mod from transmuting Rares. So yeah, if you keep getting Ammo Drums after sinking money into Transmuting four Rares, there's really nothing you can do about that.

Nearly a third of all the 27 stances in my possession were acquired via Transmutation, including rares like Crimson Dervish (which I got from my very first Transmutation post Update 13), Cleaving Whirlwind, Crushing Ruin, and Gleaming Talon.

I'm pretty sure Frame abilities that are considered "rare" will always result in commons when transmuted, that's what I've noticed from personal experiences.

The last time I transmuted 4 rare Warframe ability mods, I got an Iron Phoenix stance.

Is Gleaming Talon really a stance to burn yourselves for?

Not only does Gleaming Talon's combos look totally awesome, they also trivialize anything involving Infested due to its CC and AoE attacks.

Edited by LGear

I keep hoping I can find someone looking for some prime part who doesn't want his/her Gleaming Talon.  I have gotten many of the rare stance mods through transmutation, and the very first day U13 came out, in the very first game, I got Crushing Ruin, which was the one I truly wanted, so I guess i can't really complain.  RUNONSENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been trying to get this for over a week now.

The only rare drop I've seen drop from ANYTHING in the last several hours of gameplay was a Fired Up right at the end of 25 minutes of void survival.

RNGesus has a S#&$-list, and I'm at the top of it.

(edit)

Transmute:   4 rare mods with a dash polarity, 36000 credits, and I get...   Shield Flux. A common. Worth nothing.

Edited by Momaw