Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suspicious Shipments - Troops On Steroids?

Data-Zero

Yeah the enemies are doing an idiotic amount of damage, really.

It felt like a game of like weaving between shots.

I hope they find another way to make the game harder because insane enemy damage isnt the way to do it.

Yeah, right now for these missions while soloing I just use my electric shield and take down their hoards. 

Speaking of which they also spawn in REALLY cheap ways, I went down an elevator I already cleared to see a crap ton of enemies standing right in front of the elevator's door...

Edited by SnoWidget

I have been waiting for this thread.

I grouped the first alert and soloed the next two. SOO MUCH FUN!

The corpus techs with "super supras" killed me a couple of times. Had to be careful and take my time using cover. Still the mobs died in one to two bullets and punch through could kill hordes... but sometimes a corpus tech would flank you and then it was a mad dive for cover!

This is the most alive a warframe map has felt for me in quite some time.

Please give us more of this DE. It was really a small difficulty increase but it was MUCH APPRECIATED!

More of the same please.

Also even though this is an exterminate mission it can actually spawn mobs above the kill cap. This can be quite cool but a bit hit and miss. The "door events" seem to spawn bonus mobs. However if you get one in a lift room it cant spawn behind you and is wasted. If you get lucky and get a big room with a locked door then so many bonus mobs can appear. I killed the quota and still had about 30 more mobs to fight! Please add this kind of thing in more often DE it meant I could not rest and was hounded as one of the last mobs was another sneaky super supra tech but I saw him first!

Hats off to you DE I loved it.

(Sad I wont get to see anymore this weekend, grrr relatives)

AMEN!!!!! Keep it coming

This just occurred to me. In the last devstream, they said they wanted to increase enemy lethality for their design of difficulty.

If those alerts and their damage increase was their idea of "lethality," then yes, it is lethal. Was it thought out and is it a good design of "challenge but fun" in the bigger scope? No, I don't think it accomplished that correctly.

Players, especially veterans, please don't set your bar too low for what "quality and fun challenge" is.

DE, please, PLEASE revise what your idea of lethal challenge is. What you did there is basically what the Elite Lancers used to do when they were first introduced, and you ended up changing that because you knew it wasn't a good design to make them so powerful and unbearable. You'll be repeating the same thing again.

I wouldn't agree, but there are challenges that some May like and others may not, so I recommend either making them a tad bit weaker, or do a regular mission, and then a hard mission

I hope this is not the future for "tougher" enemies the devs have talked about in the last devstream.

Yep they are nightmare levels of damage, but they are still corpus so focus on Avoiding the damage and not tanking it.

Problem is the annoying auto aim to the max most enemies have which means moving around is often not helping much since they will fire again the second your expose even a tiny bit behind some cover.

The only thing anyone can do is spam the right abilities or kill them before they can fire too much.

This.

Before you make any assumptions about what I'll say, I easily solo-ed the alert with Saryn, going melee-only with Scoliac for the most part while using my powers. I'm mastery rank 15 with most weapons in the game, most mods, maxed damage mods like Serration. I honestly don't have much trouble completing silly "challenges" like this, and even less with a full team.

Even so, I believe we shouldn't put our bars so low when it comes to accepting what exactly is a good design of "challenge" and "difficulty," especially with the state of Melee 2.0 with certain weapons, which requires you to go head on against enemies (you can easily avoid the Corpus projectiles with things like Coiling Viper, but good luck trying to do that with Crushing Ruin). But that's not the only point.

Whether it pushes us to try differently than Rambo shouldn't be the only factor to conclude "this is good challenge and the game should be like that." One has to take into consideration that not everyone have potato gears and really powerful weapons/mods in their arsenal. Making things unrelentingly powerful when the player doesn't have the compensations for that yet (mods, weapons, the right Warframe, solo vs full-team), that's not fair and is not definite quality of "challenge" that we should seek in a game of quality.

This may sound like arse-kissing right now, but notionphil made a great topic of things that DE could do to actually give a SENSE of challenge, not FORCE it upon us in such an unthoughtful way as "increase damage for everything and their mother" : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/238581-forget-better-ai-we-need-better-dumb-enemies/

Just quickly take this for example. Latest alert was on Earth, in the middle of the way to progression. I saw people in mastery rank 0 when they reach Fossa on Venus; most players reaching Earth are new with possibly not many credits to spend and many mods to make them powerful/strong enough to take damage. Their Warframe is certainly not potato'ed or maxed rank at this point either. How are they, as new players, supposed to go through that mission normally? How are they going to resist a Charger swipe that takes off 400 shields and 300 health in a single swipe if their Warframe is a low level Mag or Loki?

This game isn't Dark Souls and isn't built to simulate the same kind of challenge that comes from trial and error, and so it shouldn't have such concept of "difficulty" with one hit kills or high damage across the entire board. However, most importantly, the veterans like us, who have trouble finding challenge in this game now, shouldn't accept the slightest stimuli of "challenge" as an actual, legitimate one that DE should continue.

Also, DE's decision to place the alert node in Mariana was simply a bad choice, especially since they should have learned from the Interception/Nightmare mode fiasco.

This, so much this. having insane damage on enemies doesn't change anything, you can still Ult them from the other room. All this does is make melee useless and make anti-moas even more frustrating.

Edited by Ayraclus

Diamond skin is your friend, also, advance carefully and retreat when you need to. Personally been running them solo with either my Volt or my Zephyr, having more fun with the latter since I just forma'd her, but volt makes things easy if you find a nice choke and plop down a shield.

I personally enjoyed having to actually hide behind things and plan my movements instead of rushing through yet another mindless hoard of enemies that I could one shot either way. Sure, not everyone's skilled the same or been playing a long time (I started at the tail end of the Tethra's Doom event on PS4 before migrating to this account on PC a few weeks later if that helps), but where does DE draw the line? Smarter enemies that tickle you as you level doesn't make for a fun game, especially when high-powered players can come into these lower zones and just make a joke out of these places.. so a new player, hoping to learn for themselves would almost have to solo or waste a bunch of time trying to find players equal to where they are at to proceed with the new player's eyes and going through the trial-and-error.

Smarter AI with the damage output we have (red crits just make this worse imo) is meaningless.. it was stated earlier and I agree, that we can simply blast them from another room if we want. Smarter AI becomes dead pixels all the same. Having the enemies be something to be worried about is, to me, not a bad thing. Sure, they are hitting rather hard, but this might be a test-bed for future tweaking, such as on-the-fly adjustment to mobs damage or whatever, pending on ranked weapon or the like (prolly not feasable but for the sake of trying, why not).

But seriously, how can DE challenge the vets without alienating the new players? This seems to be the crux of the issue at hand.. not counting those players who like to mindlessly blow stuff up with no thought while others like to be challenged in varying degrees, sometimes to extremes. All I am reading is "too hard" or "artificially challenging". Then please, and I am being serious here, what can DE do to keep the audiences engaged without totally alienating either extreme?

I hope this is not the future for "tougher" enemies the devs have talked about in the last devstream.

Problem is the annoying auto aim to the max most enemies have which means moving around is often not helping much since they will fire again the second your expose even a tiny bit behind some cover.

The only thing anyone can do is spam the right abilities or kill them before they can fire too much.

or use Volt shield... Seems to help alot.

Funny I read Master Race Loki comments when every mission I've been in had a downed Loki  I guess it's an art now to shoot while downed instead of being up right since you can't take damage when you're laying on the ground in shame :O

I was slashing things and blocking bullets with my ortos prime till hubris got into me....I was standing there like poor charger wanna kill me? let him him claw me first then I kill it...my volt with 800 shield and 300 hp died instantly....I was like wth :O...and never let them touch me again...they have high damage, sure , but they arn't that hard to kill, and plus we can basically block bullets now :P

I only just finished my first mission. Was a lot of fun having to run around and try not to get hit by any of the enemies. The doors where you had to survive for 40 seconds were especially fun (if a bit easy with Loki or the Shade).

I wouldn't agree, but there are challenges that some May like and others may not, so I recommend either making them a tad bit weaker, or do a regular mission, and then a hard mission

For a start, I simply don't want to apply this concept of "difficulty" and "challenge" across the table. The rest, in terms of balancing and adding diversity, or the SENSE of challenge, is another story (I linked to a good topic in page 3 that discusses about that).

At first I liked the higher damage because "Wow, it really is a challenge! *jump, dodge, slide* yeah, gotta keep on my toes!"

*Doors open, 7 MOAs, 4 Stompers, 1 Crewman and 2 Techs*

Yeah, no. More damage doesn't do it. I like the higher enemy density, we just need better enemies or an AI that actually thinks and it's perfect.