Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Releasing The Aklato Prime And Dual Skana Prime [Please Be Civil And Constructive]

Mesyra

I still don't understand how the non-founders that want these weapons are so one sided. Those people, running around with the lato prime and skana prime, yea, they're called founders, they paid for those weapons. It'd be a pretty bold move on the side of DE, giving the people who paid over a hundred dollars to support the game early on, a slap in the face, if they were to release better versions of FOUNDER ONLY weapons that would really take away those weapons from them. At this point, the lato and skana prime are just kind of to show off, there isn't much use to them. But you want to give normal players 2 of those weapons, with better stats, might as well take the single lato and skana prime out of the founders inventories while you're at it. Maybe to make a few more people understand, that prime access package you bought? The one with the fancy exclusive syandana and profile pics? Yea, those profile pics are being released with a nicer looking background. The syandana? Yea, that's being released with the prime colours being customizable. Now you're not different. You basically just bought plat with a discount and primes from the trading chat. Feels like you just got smacked right? Now why would we want to smack the founders who spent possibly more money than you did on prime access at a less sure stage in the game? If you're worried about mastery, think about it for a minute. Once mastery rank 30 is achievable, it will probably be achievable with non-exclusive weapons and frames, no founders or event loot needed. If you happen to have actually read this and have a good reason you should get these weapons, please do say so.

TL;DR: You know how to read for a reason.

it s the first time in any game i see people crying about not having founders items. i dont even care of them, or people having them for free.

but seriously ... how can't you grasp that you cannot recycle content designed to kickstart the game ?

it s like asking to put in game the special mount of a limited collector edition in a MMO ..

I still don't understand how the non-founders that want these weapons are so one sided. Those people, running around with the lato prime and skana prime, yea, they're called founders, they paid for those weapons. It'd be a pretty bold move on the side of DE, giving the people who paid over a hundred dollars to support the game early on, a slap in the face, if they were to release better versions of FOUNDER ONLY weapons that would really take away those weapons from them. At this point, the lato and skana prime are just kind of to show off, there isn't much use to them. But you want to give normal players 2 of those weapons, with better stats, might as well take the single lato and skana prime out of the founders inventories while you're at it. Maybe to make a few more people understand, that prime access package you bought? The one with the fancy exclusive syandana and profile pics? Yea, those profile pics are being released with a nicer looking background. The syandana? Yea, that's being released with the prime colours being customizable. Now you're not different. You basically just bought plat with a discount and primes from the trading chat. Feels like you just got smacked right? Now why would we want to smack the founders who spent possibly more money than you did on prime access at a less sure stage in the game? If you're worried about mastery, think about it for a minute. Once mastery rank 30 is achievable, it will probably be achievable with non-exclusive weapons and frames, no founders or event loot needed. If you happen to have actually read this and have a good reason you should get these weapons, please do say so.

TL;DR: You know how to read for a reason.

Getting mad about a weapon being released that is a slightly better variant of a bad weapon is silly.  Dual Skana and Aklato prime will be outclassed by other weapons every bit as hard as the single variants.

it s the first time in any game i see people crying about not having founders items. i dont even care of them, or people having them for free.

but seriously ... how can't you grasp that you cannot recycle content designed to kickstart the game ?

it s like asking to put in game the special mount of a limited collector edition in a MMO ..

That argument would only hold true if that's how the game actually treated dual variants.

Getting mad about a weapon being released that is a slightly better variant of a bad weapon is silly.  Dual Skana and Aklato prime will be outclassed by other weapons every bit as hard as the single variants.

My point was that it's not about the stats, they're not great weapons, they're mainly for bragging rights. It's cool for founders to have those weapons to show off. But let me guess, you don't care because you just want an aklato and dual skana prime to go along with your lonely excalibur prime, so you'll say anything to get them.

My point was that it's not about the stats, they're not great weapons, they're mainly for bragging rights. It's cool for founders to have those weapons to show off. But let me guess, you don't care because you just want an aklato and dual skana prime to go along with your lonely excalibur prime, so you'll say anything to get them.

No, I don't care because they paid for skana prime and lato prime.  They didn't pay a single red cent for aklato prime or dual skana prime so they don't have any entitlement towards them.  The game has consistently treated dual variants as separate products for the entire history of the game and the founders program was very clear about what founders were paying for.

Edited by Aggh

No, I don't care because they paid for skana prime and lato prime.  They didn't pay a single red cent for aklato prime or dual skana prime so they don't have any entitlement towards them.

So, I still haven't seen a valid point, WHY should the aklato prime and skana prime be released? Because you're jealous? Because you want to be a cool kid like those master founders? Because you want a good weapon?.... heh.... good weapon.....

Edited by CryogenicNinja

The founders program WILL be left as is and players who missed it are simply out of luck. DE will not release any dual or single versions of Founder weapons at any point. Be it now or in the future.

Just because you want something doesn't mean you'll get it. No matter how loud you cry. 

Deal with it.

Edited by Plasmaface

I might as well just say what I think quickly here;

IF AkLato Prime and Dual Skana Prime were released, it wouldn't solve the underlying issues that have caused the rift between Founders and non-Founders.

The issue is the exclusivity of the Lato Prime and Skana Prime. You could introduce a hundred new weapons for non-Founders, but they'd still want those two weapons they can't have.

It's not about the exclusivity of the dual variations, it's about the fact people want what they can't have. Simple as that. You can introduce dozens of "compensations" but you'll never stop them from wanting the exclusives.

So, I still haven't seen a valid point, WHY should the aklato prime and skana prime be released? Because you're jealous? Because you want to be a cool kid like those master founders? Because you want a good weapon?.... heh.... good weapon.....

Because there's no reason for them not to be released.  More weapons is always a good thing.

The founders program WILL be left as is and players who missed it are simply out of luck. DE will not release any dual or single versions of Founder weapons at any point. Be it now or in the future.

Just because you want something doesn't mean you'll get it. No matter how loud you cry. 

Deal with it.

Prove it.  Explain why you have a right to dictate whether or not a weapon you never paid for should be released or not.

Edited by Aggh

I'm not sure how there can be 51 pages of argument about this.

The founders were given a Lato Prime and a Skana Prime. These two founder weapons will never be released, as DE promised.

To the players, nothing is hindering them from releasing Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime, as these are seperate weapons with seperate stats. They won't give out the single versions the founders were promised, they'll release some new prime items.

If founders can't handle this, then that's a shame. DE can't release Lato Prime and Skana Prime because they said they wouldn't. They never said anything about Aklato Prime and Dual Skana Prime.

If only there was a way as simple to this to reintroduce Excalibur Prime.

single or dual it is still the same weapon, only difference is you have two of them

Only if you just look at the player model.

When you buy a dual variant you're buying a different weapon with a (sometimes) different price, with different stats, different animations, often at a different release date, you're buying it separately from the single variant, you're earning mastery for it separate from the single variant, you're equipping it separately from the single variant, you're upgrading it separately from the single variant, you're polarizing it separately from the single variant and you're modding it separately from the single variant.

The game treats them as a different product no ifs ands or buts.  Therefore they are a different product.

Because there's no reason for them not to be released.  More weapons is always a good thing.

There's this thing called tenno reinforcements. That was an awful reason, why disrupt the founders program so you can have 'more weapons'. Weapons are released frequently, you still have not provided a valid reason.

Assuming DE have a brain fart and release these items in Dual format as suggested, several things will happen. Firstly, a significant chunk of their founders will be extremely upset over it. Whether or not you believe they have a right to be upset is neither here nor there, they will be angry and will see it as a broken promise on the part of DE. A clear case of weasel words:

"Weasel words are likely to be used in advertising and in political statements, where encouraging the audience to develop a misleading impression of what was said can lead to advantages, at least in the short term (in the longer term, systematic deception is likely to be identified, with a loss of trust in the speaker)."

Secondly, about a week after these items are released the whining and crying will start up all over again because the founders will still have more mastery points due to the single variants.

A few weeks after that all the guys pining for shiny toys will have levelled them, lost interest and sold them. But not the founders, they will still be angry. Once again, because I suspect you really didn't pay attention the first time around, it doesn't matter if you think they are right to be upset. The fact is some of DEs best customers, the guys who supported them when they really needed it, will be very upset. There better be a hell of an upside for the company if they choose to do that.

There's this thing called tenno reinforcements. That was an awful reason, why disrupt the founders program so you can have 'more weapons'. Weapons are released frequently, you still have not provided a valid reason.

wow i thought you of all people would enjoy a release of the dual weapons.. what the problem now?

if DE releases the dual variant then two things will DEFINITELY be true:

1) they would not violate the agreement made with founders and the community about rereleasing the primed weapons because they only sold singular Skana and Lato Prime

2) this would quell a lot of the debate about everyone else getting founders gear; everyone would get new weapons and thats that... as along as theyre expensive to build, half-priced to founders, pretty much no one will be complaining

obviously they shouldnt rerelease Skana and Lato Prime but nowhere in the Founders page does it say they cant release dual versions later on

That argument would only hold true if that's how the game actually treated dual variants.

Why should any Aklato Prime or Dual Skana Prime be better than the Lato Prime or Skana Prime? How about they come out, but they're the same as or even worse than the Lato Prime and Skana Prime? It just wouldn't be enough to have some variant that performs the same would it? More and more I'm thinking this is really about you getting something that you don't have.

TitNinja, your problem is that you assumed that every non-Founder would automatically agree with you because you decided to be the voice of the non-Founders.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Assuming DE have a brain fart and release these items in Dual format as suggested, several things will happen. Firstly, a significant chunk of their founders will be extremely upset over it. Whether or not you believe they have a right to be upset is neither here nor there, they will be angry and will see it as a broken promise on the part of DE. A clear case of weasel words:

"Weasel words are likely to be used in advertising and in political statements, where encouraging the audience to develop a misleading impression of what was said can lead to advantages, at least in the short term (in the longer term, systematic deception is likely to be identified, with a loss of trust in the speaker)."

Secondly, about a week after these items are released the whining and crying will start up all over again because the founders will still have more mastery points due to the single variants.

A few weeks after that all the guys pining for shiny toys will have levelled them, lost interest and sold them. But not the founders, they will still be angry. Once again, because I suspect you really didn't pay attention the first time around, it doesn't matter if you think they are right to be upset. The fact is some of DEs best customers, the guys who supported them when they really needed it, will be very upset. There better be a hell of an upside for the company if they choose to do that.

well this is partially true, as rereleasing the dual variants will count as mastery points for those who didnt have the founders stuff so thats solved

it cant be a broken promise because ultimately DE has the final word, and if they choose to solve this problem by releasing some form of the weapons then the founders will have to deal with it

nowhere in their agreement did it say that founders' anger would determine whether or not weapons get released

even in real life dual versions of a weapon are still a different weapon... 

IT'S LIKE NAMI SKYLA AND NAMI SOLO PEOPLE solo is a part of skyla but NOT THE SAME THING

Why should any Aklato Prime or Dual Skana Prime be better than the Lato Prime or Skana Prime? How about they come out, but they're the same as or even worse than the Lato Prime and Skana Prime? It just wouldn't be enough to have some variant that performs the same would it? More and more I'm thinking this is really about you getting something that you don't have.

TitNinja, your problem is that you assumed that every non-Founder would automatically agree with you because you decided to be the voice of the non-Founders.

so who should be the voice of the non-founders? cus all i see is founders coming on here and uniting on one opinion but non-founders are just flailing around

i honestly dont see how non-founders would  have a problem of dual versions being released..

wow i thought you of all people would enjoy a release of the dual weapons.. what the problem now?

if DE releases the dual variant then two things will DEFINITELY be true:

1) they would not violate the agreement made with founders and the community about rereleasing the primed weapons because they only sold singular Skana and Lato Prime

2) this would quell a lot of the debate about everyone else getting founders gear; everyone would get new weapons and thats that... as along as theyre expensive to build, half-priced to founders, pretty much no one will be complaining

obviously they shouldnt rerelease Skana and Lato Prime but nowhere in the Founders page does it say they cant release dual versions later on

Incase you didn't know, the first reason this argument was started was because of lack of mastery xp, quickly changed to pure jealousy. These people, they paid for these weapons, they helped support warframe in it's early stages, why would DE then go behind their backs and weasel their way out of an agreement? Since the xp reason changed (still not a good reason) I've not seen a single valid reason as to why people should get these weapons. Most just 'I want that! It's shiny!'

Also..... 

Who are you exactly? 'i thought you of all people' Since when do you know me? I've never heard of your name before and I'm not some forum superstar. Why act like you know me?

Edited by CryogenicNinja

Do I look like a founder to you?

wasnt talking about you obviously god damn...

and early stages? dude this ended during update 11 which wasnt that long ago genius.. not like they paid for the stuff 2 years ago and we're now just wanting it

if the dual versions are released, then founders are still respected because they still have the mastery from the prvious weapons and the new ones so thats fine

No one person should be the voice of all founders or all non-founders. Just like all of my statements and opinions have been my own. Same for Aggh, who is also a founder. Just because you're a non-founder does not mean you are the voice of the non-founders holding the banner against the founders.

true no one should voice either groups, im saying its better for non-founders to actually weigh in on the topic cus its mostly just founders talking here

wasnt talking about you obviously god damn...

and early stages? dude this ended during update 11 which wasnt that long ago genius.. not like they paid for the stuff 2 years ago and we're now just wanting it

if the dual versions are released, then founders are still respected because they still have the mastery from the prvious weapons and the new ones so thats fine

Getting hostile now are we?

Also, the founders program started long before, in the early stages. So some of the founders paid back when the number of warframe players was much much less

Founders losing exclusive items - Important to all founders.

People who didn't help found the game getting "New" items - Not relevant to those who don't want it.

That's why there's more founders in this topic.

Also, probably a pretty clear indication about how the founders would feel about getting cheated in this way.