Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Truly Bad Weapons Should Get Buffs (Maybe Even Average Ones) Because That Is Wat Is Happening To Warframes

Doughalo2

What's funny about it is that some of these weapons ARE new, yet they're awful anyway. I think DE has a vendetta against clantech being useful. They produced the Synapse and then went "Meh, that's enough good weapons for clantech - the rest can suffer."

But Sybaris is clantech and i consider it better than Lat Prime when Grineer arent involved.

I'd like to see something that allows us to level the weaker weapons to be equivalent to the better ones. If you want to use a Lato for high-end content you can do so but you'll need to put some work into it.

Have something like an augmentation system. Each time a weapon hits 30 you can use a forma to add an augmentation which adds to the base damage. Obviously the higher the weapon is the fewer augmentation slots available. This would allow us to use whatever weapons we want at any level.

Too much work though, it would never happen :(

Edited by TenzUK

Spectra, Supra, Torid, Embolist are all great examples of weapons that could use a buff.  Spectra could use its damage and range tweaked, Supra could use a reload time decrease, Torid could benefit from ANY of its stats being buffed, and the Embolist could use a range increase to 10m.

I'm a fan of all these weapons and I'm not asking for MASSIVE improvements, just tweaks to make them more viable.

the weapons are balanced fine as is.

you cant expect each new weapon to completely topple the tier lists, as this would either lead to power creep over time or require nerfs to the old top tier stuff, which in return would hit all those before the head that invested time, effort, tediously farmed resources or money into those.

i agree on that we need more fun stuff to play with. the angstrum was very nice and fun in its mechanics, so was the castanas. they all had a weak-point, but you could deal with it and excel on other notes.

what DE might want to consider doing is marking them with their mastery rank somehow, so people past mastery 8 actually see at first glance. hiding that information to anyone exceeding the required rank is not a good idea, imho.

"hey that pyrana is kinda meh, oh, its supposed to be a low mastery weapon, alright~"

low mastery weapons breaking out of this (despair, bolto) as in being better than their required rank suggests is very fine with this system.

what DE might want to consider as well is actually making sure that weapons and gear that use endgame resources (as in, argon crystals and forma) to build, should not be low tier. even mid-tier is questionable.

again the pyrana, as latest example.

why? because it brings low mastery players with low tier gear into endgame. i guess they are supposed to shell out 20p for that forma, but honestly? greed will always win over convenience, and the last you want is disgruntled and selfish players ruining the fun for everyone else.

Out of all melee weapon I've played with(around 16-18), Ankyros Prime is by far one of the weakest and least satisfying. This is after trying both stances on it. Haven't tried the other fist weapons, but I can assume it's the same deal.

I feel like it needs to be looked at pretty much everywhere.

Edited by Grascen

i think weapon balancing is taking place every update, miter, bows got an upgrade.

dera isnt bad aswell, its par with the braton prime with bit higher puncture.

the only problem i see is how heavy mellee weapons do damage compared to this dragon nikana (its fast and strong)

maybe if heavy weapons have bigger damage to compensate with how slow it is

at the moment forma and potato the weapon you like and wait for it to be buffed.

but with the mastery weapons coming up...

now, mastery weapons will sure be stronger. what will your favevorite braton prime be if there will be rank 30 weapon released and way stronger

you will have no choice but to get that weapon and use it on higher levels (if t4 - t5 comes)

i would recommend for d.e.

to think about the release of stronger weapons to make it not so strong that the old weapons doesnt fade.

i do not and im sure everyone doesnt want everyone using

only 2~4 epic weapons in this game. 

one thing im thinking about is , MODS specific to weapon types to raise

its power and those mods can be acquired as you rank your mastery

(untreadeable and unsellable) example [mods for light semi autos/ mods for laser autos/ mods for shotguns ] depending on your rank

Edited by Ritchel

Eh I'm quite fine having direct upgrades at higher mastery levels; like Hind being pretty much the direct upgrade to Burston. It's progression, and gives extra meaning as well as reason to ranking up your mastery.

I think the problem lies in the fact that there's quite a number of people that still think of this game as your typical pvp "arena" shooter with minimal progression in weaponry. But that's not even close to the case. This game is far closer to a 3rd person shooter action RPG, in that there's alot of progression, alot of "levelling up" and gaining stronger gear. This particular way of progression isn't "power creeping".

But here's the biggest problem. DE seems to be in limbo when it comes to weaponry and mastery ranks. They organized it a bit awhile back, but it still seems rather all over the place. There needs to be a relatively blunt progression system that can easily be seen and understood. Right now, it's not so much.

I'd like to see something that allows us to level the weaker weapons to be equivalent to the better ones. If you want to use a Lato for high-end content you can do so but you'll need to put some work into it.

Have something like an augmentation system. Each time a weapon hits 30 you can use a forma to add an augmentation which adds to the base damage. Obviously the higher the weapon is the fewer augmentation slots available. This would allow us to use whatever weapons we want at any level.

They might do this with the new focus system that coming :D

the problem is that poeple woudnt bother forma a lato cause most of the secondarys(marelok,brakk,lex p,angstrum etc.) are already better and dont need augmentation and do a ton of Damage with only 3 forma. your Idea is nice dont get me wrong here but people woudnt bother forma a lato or spectra.(atleast thats what i think) 

#BuffFlux2014

Seriously, it has the same basic build/mastery rank requirements and firing mechanism as the synapse, one of the best weapons NA, but it stinks! Also revert continuous weapons to how they were, with the number waterfall, it was way better and felt more responsive.

Edited by VegetableBasket

The low end weapons are where they should be, there is no need of changing it.

If all the weapons are strong then none of it are.(or some like that)

Of course there are some weapons with high mastery requirement that needs a fix, but still leave the low end weaps where they are.

Edited by klamorison

It's been stated that Mastery is tied to the value of gear. This is kind of hit and miss, but generally speaking if a weapon requires a high mastery to unlock then it is meant to be better than other weapons before it.

The supra would like to have a word with you

Most 'bad' weapons are meant for people just starting warframe, getting used to the system of the game and such. Like when I introduced some friends to the game, now mastery rank 6, they thought the aklato and the braton were such good upgrades, and they loved going through the weaker weapons for a while. As for some of the later game, harder to build, clan weapons, yea, some of them do need a buff, don't see many new players walking around with clan weapons.

yeah clan tech is kinda weak sauce, but honestly i would have no problem with most of the weapons if they didn't cost a forma to make; i mean with a forma its like you can create a whole three story reactor, a whole research lab, or one Torid. 

Honestly its a little frustrating that all new weapons that are coming out are clan tech so ite become a game of farm the forma.

Edited by HamAndCheeze

Even if DE is really serious about relating weapon firepower to mastery rank, a lot of the weaker weapons, even the starters, really need a buff.  The Lato, MKI, and Skana are miserable options even on Mercury.  Amazing newbies make it past Mercury, let alone suffer through Venus without a standard Braton and a completely different handgun and melee weapon.  

Actually, buffing the MKI's damage (impact/puncture/slash equally) by 30% and improving it's rate of fire by 10% took it from monotonous to okay in my opinion, and improving the Lato and AKLato's damage by 180% (IIRC) across the board went a long way to making it less of a dart thrower and more of an actual handgun, without making it outright better than the MKI.  Thank the Lotus for multiple copies of mod cards.  It's nice to have the capability fine tune and test "buffs" to weapons for new baselines.

I can't say top tier weapons should be nerfed though.  At this point, I think that will do more harm than good.  If anything, going by that claim of MR = power, it should be expected that there will be yet another assault rifle for the top tier, aye?  And I'm not talking about the Soma.

Edited by Littleman88

To be honest, we need mastery rank that actually enforce the concept of both progression and balance with proper balancing tool first before we speak about buffing and nerfing anything.

With a proper measurement and weighted scored on all aspects of weapon, DE can create a good (not perfect) balance among weapons within and between each rank.

Hell, they can even allow low rank weapon to be upgraded into higher rank version of itself like Nikana > Dragon Nikana. 

What truly happens is that in this game there are tiers of weapons where you can choose to use depending on your level as player and that´s not a bad idea because it makes variety and distinction from players depending on their level. The lack of variety in the end game happens because the game is in open beta and we still getting reinforcements every week. So in a period of time you will notice variety in every tier of weapon but you have to be patient and wait till DE make a greater pool of weapons and that requires a lot of work in design, performance and testing and you still have to take care about the cosmetics, the missions, the maps, the lore and so much much things. 

I am not saying we don´t have to complain but I have to point that it is a big game and it requires so much work so wait for the reinforcements and maybe one day you get a new weapon that it is end game and most important that you like how it looks and fits your playstyle because I know dual ichors are top but I don´t like their look and that´s a good reason for not using them because I want the playing experience to be better and that means choosing a weapon I really like.