Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Truly Bad Weapons Should Get Buffs (Maybe Even Average Ones) Because That Is Wat Is Happening To Warframes

Doughalo2

its true and it need to be done.

Just because a weap is low mastery to get doesnt mean it should be bad because there are alot of weaps i have fun with but suck later on.

even if you potato, 4 forma and elementally mod towards faction, and have all mods maxed, some weaps just cant be fixed with mods

All Warframes are meant to be equal in performance, but the ability of a weapon is determined by Mastery rank. For a while now, weapon performance has been based on a progression system, with higher rank weapons dealing more damage in better ways. Yes, there are high-rank weapons like the Spectra and Embolist that need a buff, but most weapons are well-aligned with their rank.

Edited by AlchemistMute

I think this is power creep talking. The low end weapons are where all weapons should be. The normal solar map stops before lv40. I should not be in a survival blowing away hordes of lv50 enemies like it's nothing or ignoring damage from lv50 enemies like it tickles. Making low level weapons that absurd is... absrud...

I agree we need variety and guns should be closer together instead of clear outliers that are the best at everything, but we need to do it mostly with nerfs so guns make sense when we're done. A few weapons definitely need buffs, especially snipers and some of the older clan tech like Spectra, but most guns need nerfs.

I think this is power creep talking. The low end weapons are where all weapons should be. The normal solar map stops before lv40. I should not be in a survival blowing away hordes of lv50 enemies like it's nothing or ignoring damage from lv50 enemies like it tickles. Making low level weapons that absurd is... absrud...

I agree we need variety and guns should be closer together instead of clear outliers that are the best at everything, but we need to do it mostly with nerfs so guns make sense when we're done. A few weapons definitely need buffs, especially snipers and some of the older clan tech like Spectra, but most guns need nerfs.

A boatload of clantech weapons are all collecting dust because of how incredibly terrible they are compared to newer weapons.

Supra, Spectra, Flux Rifle, Dera, Grinlok, Torid, Acrid, Embolist, Attica, and potentially some others.

All Warframes are meant to be equal in performance, but the ability of a weapon is determined by Mastery rank. For a while now, weapon performance has been based on a progression system, with higher rank weapons dealing more damage in better ways. Yes, there are high-rank weapons like the Spectra and Embolist that need a buff, but most weapons are well-aligned with their rank.

I absolutely hate this idea.

It's totally backwards from what Warframe was supposed to be and the polar opposite of what mastery rank was for. It's not, and has never been described as, a gear progression. Nothing about Mastery says higher weapons have to be better.

The point of an action game like this is VARIETY and CHOICE. If only the top few ranks are worth using then that goes out the window. If all the weapons we have now are only for up to Rank 8 or so, then what does that say about how far power creep will go to keep this true?

Mastery and strength should never be related. Ever. Considering the low rank of many strong prime weapons, I think DE agrees with me, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable about supporting the game if they said so explicitly. 

Mastery and strength should never be related. Ever. Considering the low rank of many strong prime weapons, I think DE agrees with me, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable about supporting the game if they said so explicitly. 

Unfortunately, I can remember them saying on a devstream that they wanted gear progression and were going to use Mastery rank to determine a weapon's strength. Maybe my memory is faulty.

It's been stated that Mastery is tied to the value of gear. This is kind of hit and miss, but generally speaking if a weapon requires a high mastery to unlock then it is meant to be better than other weapons before it. 

Disagree with nerfing most weapons; when I shoot a gun the expectation is that things I point it at will die. I do not want to be spending several seconds per enemy when this game delivers enemies like piles of leaves in autumn. I agree with the current philosphy of the developers that we need "mini-bosses" to help spice up combat, but I'd rather not arbitrarily raise the difficulty of common mooks, but instead focus on not creating more of them. 

Edited by Acos

Well you can't really make 100 weapons "balanced", plus I believe that the devs have once stated the they do want weapons tiers.

I don't see them actually following through with the tiered system though... Weapon strength to MR ratio so far is all over the place

A boatload of clantech weapons are all collecting dust because of how incredibly terrible they are compared to newer weapons.

Supra, Spectra, Flux Rifle, Dera, Grinlok, Torid, Acrid, Embolist, Attica, and potentially some others.

O come on at least the Dera and Grinlok isn't rage inducing. I think the Marelok needs a nerf though, stats on it makes no sense when its suppose to be the secondary counterpart of the Grinlok. The rest though I agree. 

+1

yes my flux rifle is  3 forma just to get it on some what of a good lv and still needs 2 more to bring it up on a even plaing feild with the DEV's Beloved Soma  and even then 1 or 2 forma and the Some can still beat it And forget trying to keep up with the Boltor prime .The 4 days to make a clan weapon it should be aleast on par with  prime/market weapons .

Should not have to forma a mastery rank 6 weapon 5 times to get work like it should just because they feal like nerfing the dam thing  3 times like the weapons above also fall under same problem..Funny they nerf Drakra prime just after the release the Nika Dragon just go's to show they want a smaller power creep even is that means making new weapons lower and nerfing older one's to make the new one's seem better 

What's funny about it is that some of these weapons ARE new, yet they're awful anyway. I think DE has a vendetta against clantech being useful. They produced the Synapse and then went "Meh, that's enough good weapons for clantech - the rest can suffer."