The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Prime Primary Should I Get?

Kirby47

Question

I feel the need to grind for a Prime primary weapon.

What should I get? 

No Boltor Primes. I don't want that.

I also have all the Latron Prime parts, but I want to ssee other people's opinions before uing all my cells.

Edited by Kirby47

Thank god you've got the initiative to not get the worst balanced wep in warframe.

If you like bows, you can't go wrong with paris prime.

Paris or fang prime. Fang prime is great if you have the stance

The thing is, I have the Dread already, so I'm not sure if I should get the Paris Prime.

I don't think the Boltor Prime is that OP, to be quite honest. It's definitely a solid choice.

I would say either the Braton Prime or Latron Prime, though. If I had to choose between the two myself, I would choose the Braton Prime because of it's firing sound, and I like the feel of the weapon.

EDIT: There's only six Prime primary weapons. You'll just have to suck it up and choose which one you like best. Not like there's a huge gallery of them to choose from.

Edited by Zachles

I'd argue that bows have been buffed way too much and are presently overpowered for their role. Also, they're bows.  

Like a lot of things, I'd just get something you like. Aside from the shiny gold, the primes all have niches like their more pedestrian brethren.

Did you like the Braton? If yes, then the Braton Prime is a superb upgrade. Really dig on the burst fire mechanic? Then Burston Prime is all that and then some. Prefer a more laid back, precision weapon like the Latron? Then the Latron Prime is your boy. Like nailing things to walls and the ripsnarl muzzle blast of the Boltor? Then the Boltor Prime brings all that back, but with real authority.

And those are just the primaries.

I don't think the Boltor Prime is that OP, to be quite honest. It's definitely a solid choice.

I would say either the Braton Prime or Latron Prime, though. If I had to choose between the two myself, I would choose the Braton Prime because of it's firing sound, and I like the feel of the weapon.

EDIT: There's only six Prime primary weapons. You'll just have to suck it up and choose which one you like best. Not like there's a huge gallery of them to choose from.

Boltor prime has better DPS than soma, which used to be considered the best primary in the game. I can't understand how it's anything but OP

On a different note, braton primes gorgeous, reliable but is nothing exciting in its stats.

Latron prime has some interesting stuff in its stats, but the playstyle involved with weps like that is not for everyone.

I'd argue that bows have been buffed way too much and are presently overpowered for their role. Also, they're bows.  

Like a lot of things, I'd just get something you like. Aside from the shiny gold, the primes all have niches like their more pedestrian brethren.

Did you like the Braton? If yes, then the Braton Prime is a superb upgrade. Really dig on the burst fire mechanic? Then Burston Prime is all that and then some. Prefer a more laid back, precision weapon like the Latron? Then the Latron Prime is your boy. Like nailing things to walls and the ripsnarl muzzle blast of the Boltor? Then the Boltor Prime brings all that back, but with real authority.

And those are just the primaries.

Braton was fun to use, back in MR1, burst fire is nice, I want to try semi-auto for once, and I don't want a boltor prime.

Boltor prime has better DPS than soma, which used to be considered the best primary in the game. I can't understand how it's anything but OP

On a different note, braton primes gorgeous, reliable but is nothing exciting in its stats.

Latron prime has some interesting stuff in its stats, but the playstyle involved with weps like that is not for everyone.

I mainly used it against Infested, if that says anything. I mean, considering it has 0 Slash damage whatsoever.

I'll try it out elsewhere, I guess. I'm just saying that I thought it was great, but nothing to really write home about.

My vote goes to Latron Prime. Assuming, ofc, that you like marksman rifles. The base Puncture is great for armored enemies, Corpus robots and the Ancients that corrosive doesn't hurt, so it's imo the best IPS damage type. The crit stats allow for it to be built with or without crit mods fairly equally so you get to build either way. The new Sybaris is just as good if you like the burstfire/crit mechanic, although the small clip size is a pain.

Braton Prime feels 'meh' all around. It's a solid slash-based automatic rifle, but slash is one of the least effective damage types against armored enemies so it really suffers against Grineer and Void. Pretty sure the Karak has way higher DPS and maybe even sustained, although it has a smaller clip. But considering the BPrime is basically the equivalent of what is suggested as one of the first primaries you can get, its really lackluster.

Soma still has far higher DPS when making headshots. Pretty sure Latron Prime does too. Just people are lazy and don't bother these days.

Edited by Darzk

Here are the best three prime primaries in the game that aren't Boltor P imo.

Paris Prime: High dmg per shot, especially with the new red crits. Can be made into a close-mid range weapon w/ Heavy Calibur.

Latron Prime: Less dmg per shot than Paris Prime, but great for long range encounters. Modding for crits will give good end-game potential.

Burston Prime: Moderate damage and higher than average accuracy that can easily shred groups of enemies w/ the right setup. Shred is wonderful for this weapon. Add Heavy Calibur to turn it into a close-mid range weapon.

Boar Prime is also good, but you may get annoyed by the ammo inefficiency. 

Ha.

What?

If anything, they're balanced now. Sure you get massive damage on headshot  - in fact, I would say their damage was overbuffed since it's way more than enough to oneshot anything at the intended endgame. But overpowered? No. They are a high risk, high reward weapon because missing a single arrow means having to load up a new one, take aim, lead the target, make sure they're not dancing around... Not to mention that their arc is difficult to manage over long ranges. Latron Prime still performs admirably as far as damage goes and is far more versatile than the bows because it is hitscan and has an actual magazine.

So the OP, I'd recommend Latron Prime if you're not looking for a bow.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

So the OP, I'd recommend Latron Prime if you're not looking for a bow.

Paris Prime: High dmg per shot, especially with the new red crits. Can be made into a close-mid range weapon w/ Heavy Calibur.

Latron Prime: Less dmg per shot than Paris Prime, but great for long range encounters. Modding for crits will give good end-game potential.

Managed to build both Latron and Paris Prime. Thanks for the suggestions.