Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xbox One Warframe Opinions

(PSN)Clannad12w

Cross play, don't really care, BUT Xbox did support cross plat from at one point in time, There was a game that actually was released on Xbox 360 and PC that had cross platform gameplay, granted the game wasn't the best game on earth, but still, it had cross platform gameplay.

The game you're thinking of is Shadowrun. It did indeed support crossplay, but it quickly fell flat when it turned out that PC players had a precision advantage. Not saying that that would be relevant in Warframe, just pointing it out.

why the hell would you create a game exclusive to pc first and then expend it to an inferior platform...because F$% YOU GIVE ME MORE MONEY THATS WHY!!...

They should just run their entire business and production on your appreciation instead.

Is this thread supposed to be ironic?

OP, because you are a PS4 player, do you think the points you made apply to the PS4 as well? Do you think that these points were not brought up a year ago when WF was announced for PS4? And ultimately, do you think it would have been better off for DE and WF if they had never released on PS4?

Edited by gell

Is this thread supposed to be ironic?

OP, because you are a PS4 player, do you think the points you made apply to the PS4 as well? Do you think that these points were not brought up a year ago when WF was announced for PS4? And ultimately, do you think it would have been better off for DE and WF if they had never released on PS4?

PS4 players got no room to talk smack *nods*

Downsides:

-More Staff needed to keep up with the updates

-More players complaining about not having their updates fast enough

-More stress on the staff to support more platforms

-More management needed for the primetime dates and transactions

-Possible lower quality complaints because the Xbox doesn't support full 1080p

-We have to await the xbox appproval for updates

-More controller configuration differences

-The chances of Cross-Platform play because of the update differences

-Crowding of the forums and disputes over console abilities within the forums between mostly PS4 and Xbox One players

-Complaints of Xbox players will be even worse than those of PS4 players because xbox players are missing a whole year and a half worth of content and event exclusives

-More monitoring of the forums for bad content and player needs etc.

These are possibly the most idiotic downsides I have ever read for a game being ported.

- The Xbox One does support 1080p at 60 FPS so I don't what you're referring to. http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/e3-2014-halo-the-master-chief-collection-halo-5-beta-announced-for-xbox-one and even if it didn't I don't see how it would effect the PS4 and PC counterparts.

- Forum downsides, really? 4 points referring to this? Again, don't see how this negatively effects the game itself.

- The updating system has been streamlined i.e. no charges for updating games, quicker. Again I don't see how this negatively effects PS4 and PC.

- More stress on staff? Are you a shrink? They know what they are doing.

- More controller configurations. Doesn't effect PC nor PS4.

The only downside that belongs there is the fact that Microsoft doens't like cross-platform play. Saying this, only PC and PS4 will be able to most likely. Again, not effecting either Warframe variants.

Updated Downsides:

- N/A

Updated Upsides:

- More people get to experience the wonderful joy of Warframe.

- More money for DE. -> More updates. -> More content for all Warframe variants.

- More players to chat with.

Edited by 2Infinite

I'd also to add this here: http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/09/warframe-brings-the-free-to-play-pain-to-xbox-one-later-this-yea/

"Bringing Warframe to Xbox One is a no-brainer," said Digital Extremes creative director Steve Sinclair....with the ID@Xbox Program, we can make it happen. Having the freedom to develop and publish Warframe on our own terms is the true definition of independence to us. Warframe is a passion project for our team and building it alongside our players is a reality now with digital distribution."

Look, I'm a pc and xbox one player but prefer xbox one. I think this a good move for DE because revenue. All I'm hearing for people against this decision is: 1)"I dont want more people on the forums" 2) "I like my exclusives" and 3) other selfish talk.

You really want to leave people out of this great game because they play on another platform? You can have your exclusives, I don't care. And Founders are Founders, there cannot be more. 

Quit thinking selfishly, because we were all new to this game (and every game we have played) at one point too. You're not better than anyone else so don't act like it.

Honestly, all the cons you listed are either DE's problem or just a non-issue altogether. I don't mean to sounds harsh, but I think it's a bit selfish to worry about how another platform gaining access might hurt your game-play, seeing as its F2P.