Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T4 Is A Terrible, Terrible Idea

Innocent_Flower

i believe T4 is coming today. Sheldon, on twitter said T4's coming soon

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/476776111498862592

https://twitter.com/sheldoncarter/status/476780286458732544

those are the links to the 2 related tweets.

Well, i sense T3 missions giving T4 keys as reward. If that happens, we will have even more dilution that we have now.

I think what the WF community doesn't get is that it was supposed to be a co-op action game with RPG elements, not a pure RPG. Only the bullcrap overpowered strength of all the stuff we have right now has allowed most players to play it as a pure RPG.

I'm not saying I'm L337 or other people suck or anything like that, I'm just saying that as a community we've never really had any actual challenge that we couldn't overcome with RPG. Sooner or later when all the I-WIN buttons have been reworked we're either going to get guns nerfed or enemies buffed to the point that team work and using cover and strategy will no longer be optional. You will not be able to 'tank' the game like all the people who tried to and got laid the f out in the quad damage alerts. You will not be able to drop everything with one gun or go melee only like many people do now.

When that happens, you're going to see A LOT of whining on these boards and T4 could definitely be where it starts...

unless invis gets nerfed people can still go melee only

First post that I see in this forum that made me burst of laughter!! Hats off...

vWvjVQ9.gif?1

+1, saved the pic for later use...

That is one of the best things that happen lately on these forums ...truly...despite the hype train threads

Edited by Spychi

T4 is just a patchwork to somewhat lessen dilution of Void drop tables. In that view its a good idea.

But it is a patchwork instead of real solution. And because of that its really bad.

Especially when they could add other existing game modes to the void or just move more stuff over to the relatively barren Derelict missions.

Why T4 is good:

-Access to high level enemies right away instead of at wave/minute 40. Plenty of people say, "Why do I need to play this mission for half an hour before it can feel like a challenge?"

-Less dilution, sort of, depending on how DE handles it

Why T4 is bad:

-I don't have 50 keys laying around already

-The drop rate for t4 keys is probably going to be terrible

-Several warframe abilities trivialize all enemies regardless of their level

T3 just has enemies of too low level, pluto is too low level, we need enemies to power creep as hard as the players are, IMO. Yeah, all the notionphil threads in the world would save the game, but I'm not going to complain about T4 because it's a step in the right direction.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Well for starters, a void hijack mission for all 3 teirs would help with drop table dilution. We can do that before adding another, more difficult mission level. 

Yes but the t4 provides 5 new areas with minimal programming changes. When the 3 other types get their key version then it will provide for 12 level spaces to distribute drops (15 with OD) instead of only 9. In terms of drop dillution doing this first makes more sense by 2 level spaces, then an additional 3 with new void missions. Honestly I feel the answer is to do both either way but it's also still only a temporary fix without starting to retire weapons and we all know how that will go over. None of the solutions however really help with grinding for the keys, I'm not sure what to do with that myself.

One also can see the addition of T4 as a way to make us grind for new keys instead of using the hoard ones.

This way people won't get new stuff right out the bat, it's like a soft wipe -- all our current keys will be useless for new content.

Oh no. T4 is a necessary thing. We don't have enough different mission types to expect to keep seeing new t1-3 keys show up. DE is going to eventually run out of space to snugly fit drops.

Drop table dilution is an ugly problem and anything that alleviates it is great stuff.

That's a problem with how the loot is currently given out, not with number of missions available to the player.

Blizzard took care of it pretty well with tokens. DE can do the same, with their own twist for some artificial rarity.

Anything is better than more "end game" that requires cookie cutter builds.

I took my unranked banshee in to T3 ex alone with nothing but a marelok. Still kicked the crap out of everyone in that tower, with bullets. Pretty sure my level 30 nyx can handle T4 

You went into an exterminate mission, with probably less than 100 enemies, please tell me more how that was a challenge. Also, marelok is a pretty powerful sidearm.

One also can see the addition of T4 as a way to make us grind for new keys instead of using the hoard ones.

This way people won't get new stuff right out the bat, it's like a soft wipe -- all our current keys will be useless for new content.

This.

Plus why is no one mentioning the Token system? It would have been a better option. We need to push DE to accept it.

You went into an exterminate mission, with probably less than 100 enemies, please tell me more how that was a challenge. Also, marelok is a pretty powerful sidearm.

127 enemies. with a warframe that would die in less than a second against a corrupted heavy gunner. marelok at lvl 20 so not even fully modded, a large quantity of enemies in the starting area, including 3 heavy gunners,  

Tell me again what part of my play through of that you watched to suggest anything ?

Instead of T4, I think we should just use better enemies. I don't mean AI improvements, I mean enemies that are just better equipped. 

whats it matter when you can press 4 and wipe a floor? what we need is line of sight to affect on powers.