Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Our Pathetic Other Hands

Joyfulmama

Somehow or other, we require about a blueprint (costing thousands) and ±20k credits and an Orokin Cell, 12-24 hours of construction time.....

For what?

To dual wield.

To hold another weapon in our other damn hand. HOLY SHET. Are we really THAT crippled?

And how would the mod system work if you just put two weapons in your hands? The UI would be a huge mess. Stop trying to put logic into space magic and video game mechanics >>

Edited by Dtexas

I always figured it was like training

using a single weapon and two weapons are two completely different things

if it was training, why not let dual wielding be achieved through, as you say, training (maybe start off fumbling with the other hand, but eventually get the hang of it after training at a shooting range. Oh that reminds me we should have a shooting range), instead of using credits and expensive orokin cells and building something (idk what)? Interesting idea ? Adds some sense and realism in too ^_^

Until you start questioning why training involves using orokin cells, credits and a "link" (Akbronco Prime Link).

Edited by Casardis

And how would the mod system work if you just put two weapons in your hands? The UI would be a huge mess. Stop trying to put logic into space magic and video game mechanics >>

Why not take the game up another level? Make it such that we have to insert mods separately into both weapons (what, you afraid of a challenge? Not enough cores to get two maxed Serrations?), so they can have different builds, different combinations each. So many other games have dual wield properly and nicely done with separate mechanics on each hand. I see no reason for warframe to have such potential. It makes dual wielding actually COOL and IMPRESSIVE instead of the feeling we currently get which is just 'meh, it's no different from any other weapon, it's just better than the singular version in terms of ammo etc'

EDIT: Just a hasty suggestion, by the way, to point out that there are better possibilities to dual wielding and not the boring system we have right now. So it may not be a perfect suggestion.

Edited by Joyfulmama

So the mods link.

Why not take the game up another level? Make it such that we have to insert mods separately into both weapons (what, you afraid of a challenge? Not enough cores to get two maxed Serrations?),

Enough cores, but not enough money, or will. It's better how it is, and there's little circumstance that having two different elements wll do better.

Until you start questioning why training involves using orokin cells, credits and a "link" (Akbronco Prime Link).

Well... Isn't it obvious?

That link is needed to create a link with a black hole within the void, necessary so that 50% of the magazine of one Bronco and 25% of the damage on both Broncos can seamlessly dissapear.

On Topic:

Outside the obvious answer of "It being for gameplay reasons" to have blueprints to make dual wielding weapons (As they are technically unique weapons - Only having 1 set of mods rather than 2 sets, belonging to completely new weapon groups for stance purposes etc) other possibilities could be the blueprints show you how to make mods work across the 2 weapons, perhaps they detail how to make the additional sheathing point for the second weapon.

There are some more confusing details about dual wielded weapons:

Cestra vs Dual Cestra.

One can have the blueprint bought off the market.

The other requires research in the clan dojo + 2 Fieldron + 1 Forma to be able to dual wield.

So the mods link.

Enough cores, but not enough money, or will. It's better how it is, and there's little circumstance that having two different elements wll do better.

As I said, it's not a perfect suggestion. Since maxing Serration is too expensive, maybe that bit can have a better suggestion.

I completely disagree with 'it's better how it is'. Hell, it's dead boring 'how it is'. Maybe I should cite another game - Borderlands 2. Dual wielding is sweet in that game. Not saying that Warframe has to exactly copy Borderlands 2, but there definitely could be an improvement to dual wielding.

For one, the Void has a wide enough variety of enemy types that react differently to different damage types.

How about high single target damage on your left gun when there's only one enemy? And your right gun is packed with punch through/AOE elemental procs ready for a crowd?

See how gameplay can be improved, spiced up? There is potential for dual wielding to actually be better than it currently is.

On Topic:

Outside the obvious answer of "It being for gameplay reasons" to have blueprints to make dual wielding weapons (As they are technically unique weapons - Only having 1 set of mods rather than 2 sets, belonging to completely new weapon groups for stance purposes etc) other possibilities could be the blueprints show you how to make mods work across the 2 weapons, perhaps they detail how to make the additional sheathing point for the second weapon.

There are some more confusing details about dual wielded weapons:

Cestra vs Dual Cestra.

One can have the blueprint bought off the market.

The other requires research in the clan dojo + 2 Fieldron + 1 Forma to be able to dual wield.

So credits and orokin cell to make mods work across 2 weapons. That is an acceptable explanation. Yet the fact still remains that it allows for crude and boring dual wielding mechanics. We should totally have something better. Like when you think of someone dual wielding, you must think that he is REALLY good at that weapon to be able to use two at once to good effect. But in warframe, no. If you cover your eyes, using the singular version then the dual wielded version just makes you feel like you're using two indistinct weapons, only that one has better stats than the other.

I want a giant spaghetti monster boss and a large ketchup gun that does poison damage. Dont try to put logic in it.

so you just wanted to dual wield different weapons? how about? no!

btw using guns akimbo effectively is already mostly sci-fy, doing it with different weapons each with its own fire rate and recoil sound even worse

I wonder how you interpreted it as dual wielding different weapons.

I'm just saying the current dual wield mechanics could be reworked because it's dumb and boring right now.

Problems with dual-wielding pistols IRL:

- If you use a right-handed gun in your left hand or vice versa, you get burning-hot shells ejected into your face.

- Aiming, ie. not hip-firing, is hard if you fire from alternate pistols.

- Similarly, holding the gun steady and compensating for recoil is more difficult.

- Reloading both guns simultaneously without dropping one of them / holstering one to reload the other, both of which take too much time, is very hard if not impossible.

So, at OP: The other hand is not "pathetic", it's just that there are problems with dual-wielding. Try pressing G in-game, and you'll see that your weapon is held the other way round, so evidently Tenno are ambidextrous.

Considering you can't really aim two weapons at once, i always figured that Warframes have something like targeting software and that the process of creating dual weapons is more about creating the update necessary for dual wielding the weapons.

It would also explain why Tenno can dual wield weapons that every other enemy can only single wield like Vipers.

Still i think it would be nice if we could get the option to single wield weapons which we created the dual version for. Sure it would basicly make the dual version an upgrade over the single version, but for most players that's allready the case anyway.