The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apply To Be An Official Warframe Fan Site Or Channel!

[DE]Drew

Hey,

I couldn't find a link to the fan resources page anywhere on the site. Shouldn't there be a link under the Community tab or somewhere else?

SUtNpgm.png

Thanks for pointing this out. The sub menu will be updated with the appropriate links. 

Both new players and old players who don't normally log into the main page, internet robots crawling for links etc.

This needs to be changed.

Good point. We'll see what we can do.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it planned that the approved websites can access special resources like images or data to help them by reducing the amount of time needed to gather the information by themselves ? I already spend a lot of time updating Warframe Builder and saving a few hours not searching the images and informations I need could really help. Thanks.

Is it planned that the approved websites can access special resources like images or data to help them by reducing the amount of time needed to gather the information by themselves ? I already spend a lot of time updating Warframe Builder and saving a few hours not searching the images and informations I need could really help. Thanks.

Up maybe ? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Drew,

Just a quick question, you mention not having to have people sign in. Would something like DeviantArt pages be acceptable if they talk primarily about developments in warframe and hints and tricks, or as that's not the site of the applicant would that create some issues?

I used to do bits and pieces last year about other games (mainly reviews) but this is the sort of inspiration I've been looking for (though I'm still fledgling so I have no chance if I apply now!).

Also, if we apply once and get rejected, would there be the possibility of applying again or is it a one-off?

Thanks for such a great idea, I'm going to start my new pieces asap! :)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Q: Is there a criteria that you have to go through, to be considered an official fan site?

When you g to fill out the application it will give you specifics and then you will also get notified of your acceptance or not and what you can do to improve if you are not accepted.

Hey Drew,

Just a quick question, you mention not having to have people sign in. Would something like DeviantArt pages be acceptable if they talk primarily about developments in warframe and hints and tricks, or as that's not the site of the applicant would that create some issues?

I used to do bits and pieces last year about other games (mainly reviews) but this is the sort of inspiration I've been looking for (though I'm still fledgling so I have no chance if I apply now!).

Also, if we apply once and get rejected, would there be the possibility of applying again or is it a one-off?

Thanks for such a great idea, I'm going to start my new pieces asap! :)

We currently don't accept pages like DeviantArt (or social media pages). Rejected applications can definitely reapply later (I normally give reasons why the application wasn't accepted and what can be done). 

Is there a specific reason as to why social media pages are not acceptable? I'm just rather curious, since my blog had been rejected in the past, and it would be satisfying to hear as to why they are not allowed.

The sheer volume and diversity of social media pages makes them too difficult to manage (our criteria would have to be a lot more complex). Even reviewing fan sites right now can be a challenge because of how diverse they are. That doesn't mean we won't expand in the future, but for now, we're limiting what we can accept. 

The sheer volume and diversity of social media pages makes them too difficult to manage (our criteria would have to be a lot more complex). Even reviewing fan sites right now can be a challenge because of how diverse they are. That doesn't mean we won't expand in the future, but for now, we're limiting what we can accept. 

That makes a lot of sense. I didn't actually really take the time to think about the processes that go into selecting fan sites.

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. Thanks for answering!! :)

Is there a specific reason as to why social media pages are not acceptable? I'm just rather curious, since my blog had been rejected in the past, and it would be satisfying to hear as to why they are not allowed.

I like your blog, telly...

even if you kinda never ever reply to my asks

ever

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...