The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Prime Secondaries?

immolator1001

Currently there are:

6 primaries, 5 secondaries, and 8 melee weapons

But when this is changed to account for what you can currently obtain

6 primaries, 4 secondaries, and 7 melee, but 1 of the secondaries is simply the ak counterpart, making it more like 3.5

Can we get more prime secondaries in the next round? Like kunai, vasto, magnus, furis, or ballistica? 

(on second thought maybe keep ballistica prime)

Edited by immolator1001

We already have Kunai -> Despair. Aklex would be a replacement rather than an addition. Bolto Prime would be waiting for a replacement dual version like Lex Prime is now. Dex Furis, Furis Prime and Afuris Prime would be some furious overkill. Magnus are Tenno tech so I think they're out of the running for primification.

Ballistica Prime can go straight to hell prime because I don't ever want to use that gun with it's wonky trigger again, even just to 30 once for mastery. :P

Hikou Prime IMO.

We already have Kunai -> Despair. Aklex would be a replacement rather than an addition. Bolto Prime would be waiting for a replacement dual version like Lex Prime is now. Dex Furis, Furis Prime and Afuris Prime would be some furious overkill. Magnus are Tenno tech so I think they're out of the running for primification.

Ballistica Prime can go straight to hell prime because I don't ever want to use that gun with it's wonky trigger again, even just to 30 once for mastery. :P

Hikou Prime IMO.

Stiletto Prime! 

Hikou Prime IMO.

All non-primed tenno weapons are recreations of orokin weapons. I just want my prime revolver and throwing somethings.

Source?

I'm pretty sure I've heard that some things are original designs by modern Tenno... but I'm not big on lore.

Eh they don't release Lore with the weapons and the only guys we know for sure don't remake Orokin technology are the Grineer and all of their stuff seems low-tech. 

And Ik they said Nova was created by modern tenno, but they removed that from game so I get the feeling we are just reawakened tenno remaking ancient technology.

With regards to lore it's pretty undefined and you could always make the argument that a tenno design was influenced by some prime, or you could add an original prime with similar function, like what reaper is to ether reaper.

I want my hands on akmagnus prime with some boosted crits.

Other than that? Don't know something interesting... ballistica, kunai... akstiletto p also sounds good. We're not just limited to tenno designs, though, corpus designs are reverse engineered from orokin tech as well (see braton prime). angstrum prime (or equivalent) for some unholy death from orbit anyone?

Tenno weapons are mostly from tenno descend. It is unlikely that tenno weapons are based on orokin weaponry. As orokin weapons are basically all corrupted versions of weapons brought to the void by other factions.

What? That's completely backwards.

The warframes are base on the prime versions. Same with the weapons.

It is known.

As far as Prime candidates go for secondaries:

Aklex Prime (Since we already have Lex Prime)

Aklato Prime (Though, there's issues with this - Lato Prime being founders only)

Ballistica Prime (Can someone honestly say that this would be a weapon they're looking forward to getting?)

Akstilleto Prime (Now with more usefulness!)

Vasto and Akvasto Prime

Bolto and Akbolto Prime

Castanas Prime (I can't remember if they were made as part of the Tenno Council or not - If they were then they'd have the same "No Prime" restriction as Nova)

Furis and Afuris Prime (Though we did get Dex version of the Afuris... Might reduce the likelyhood of Prime variant)

Kunai Prime

Hikou Prime

Magnus and Akmagnus Prime

Pyrana Prime (Though with how incredibly new this is, not likely for a while)

There's also a remote possibility that since the Stalker is a tenno, that his weapons are based off Orokin technology allowing for Despair Prime.

But in conclusion, they really need to start making more stand alone secondaries and not just release dual wielded variants all the damn time (It makes Priming more of a hassle when you have to wait for both the single and dual wield variants - Not to mention the huge amount of grind and RNG walls needed to build the dual version (See: Akbronco Prime)

Likely candidates for next Prime Secondary are: Bolto, Magnus and Vasto.