Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do People Have Against Red + Black Colour Set-Ups?

It's the same thing as cliches. When something is used often because it works, some people easily gets ticked off by it. It doesn't mean that it's bad by any means, just like cliches, since it's always about how good the use of it is.

However, since some people have opinions that may stop very short, even if it's used nicely, the simple fact of seeing it is enough to make them disapprove.

So you know what? Don't even bother or worry about that. Color the way you like, since it's for you mainly. Do try some digferent combination at times just to explore a bit of course. It doesn't hurt to test things out to find out beautiful interesting color combination, sometimes more subtle (suh as colored grays).

EDIT: Like some people pointed out, the fact that many uses jet black is amongst the "issues" some have. Jet black takes away a lot of the mesh's details after all.

Edited by Casardis

I like it and used it for quite a while, but i got tired of it and changed my color scheme...which i do every couple months...currently on a "prime" color scheme which include white, black, and the top right yellow/gold from the shamrock color palette

We don't have to admit nothin'.  But in all honesty, peeps can do whatever they like.  I couldn't ever call that look cool personally, except maybe, just maybe on Ash.

Personally, I find the straight black + red to be really boring looking.  Much of this is specifically because of the nature of that black which is in the Smoke palette and the PSIV palette which literally removes any semblance of texture from an appearance.  It factually removes the distinction amongst a Warframe's design, which is why I'll never use it.  The other black colors don't cause this problem and look fine in my opinion thusly.

There are ways to utilize dark colors but not be so uncreative though.  The problem is that color pallets cost money and not everyone will have them all.  Using combinations of different blacks and reds rather than going samey can look stellar, though nobody does that.

Luckily, ever since the addition of the PSIV palette, I'm seeing this particular trend much less.

I was going to answer the question in the title, but

I've noticed that people seem to have some kind of problem with red and black frames, mainly because it's "overdone".

You answered your own question. Quickest "/thread" ever.

Because it screams "edgy."  Especially if it's an Ash user.

But, their existence makes more original color schemes that much more appreciable.

Jet Black Ash user here, reporting in. (I use purple instead of red, because I am totally creative)

It's overdone.

It's used by a lot of people because it looks "Cool" to the point where they will disregard any other colour combinations.

It shows a lack of imagination - There's a bunch of colour schemes that people have done in the "Share your colours" thread that look amazing and inspire you to play around with other colour combinations.

I know I use Black, Red and White as one of my colour schemes, but that's only because my favourite colours are Black and Red (Though blood red, a colour I can't quite match yet) and also Wraith items (The Wraith Syandana looks good on one of my frames, but can't be coloured > Black and Red required). But other schemes like my Toxic Green/Yellow scheme (Mostly for Saryn) or my Prime White + Black + Yellow/Orange (Since there's no gold yet) to match Prime weapons/Frames.