Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Janus Key

Etsoree

Just noticed that there's a node on Saturn called Janus. Considering Sargas' obsession with Orokin artefacts, could this be where the key originated?

basically all the planets/nodes are named after ancient religions and related stories, just like oberon has a node with the same name as well

DE prolly just didn't think about all this in their utter lack of the concept of consistency

In 'The Call,' he did not have the Janus Key.

How does the Janus differ from the normal death laser key he had in the Call (and in his Mercury/Phobos boss fight?) In the codex it looks like any other void key I think, and ingame I'm usually too busy trying to stay alive, because I mostly solo T4 content.

basically all the planets/nodes are named after ancient religions and related stories, just like oberon has a node with the same name as well

DE prolly just didn't think about all this in their utter lack of the concept of consistency

What I'm pointing out is an example of consistency. Sargas smuggles artefacts, and there happens to be a region of his territory sharing a name with a recently revealed artefact. If that's not consistency, I don't know what is.

You mean Vor's Prize isn't his Janus Key? Anyway, I want this to end with Vor in his own crafted Warframe.

No. According to livestreams, "Vor's Prize" will be a questline that revolves around you gtfo of dodge with your nifty spaceship and then upgrading it. As seen in "The Call", he officially called "Dibs" on your warframe, and has not appreciated the way you reacted to this.

No. According to livestreams, "Vor's Prize" will be a questline that revolves around you gtfo of dodge with your nifty spaceship and then upgrading it. As seen in "The Call", he officially called "Dibs" on your warframe, and has not appreciated the way you reacted to this.

oh.

(Technically speaking, "Vor's Prize" is YOU, but, yeah, more or less go with it.)

Unless they change it... again.

How does the Janus differ from the normal death laser key he had in the Call (and in his Mercury/Phobos boss fight?) In the codex it looks like any other void key I think, and ingame I'm usually too busy trying to stay alive, because I mostly solo T4 content.

See my pic 4 posts up from yours 

• 4 weeks later...

@ CY13ERPUNK ...

I think that DE has something up their sleeve with Vor's Janus Key given what Mikovski pointed out ...

Specifically:

1. The Janus Key is literally a portal key that can access Orokin Towers directly

2. Seems to be a link to some energy source (Vor uses it as a weapon in the trailer)

3. Ultimately pulls the decorporate Vor into the Void

Hopefully, there are to be more revealed through the Janus Key ... such as access to Orokin archives that explain how the war with the Sentients began ... maybe offer a way for the Tenno to contend with the return of the Sentients/Orokin - again the "beginning/ending" aspect of Janus

Edit:  credited Mikovski for original post, rewrite of implications

Edited by ElHefe

Woah! That's crazy!

So....

Two groups...

Independently....

Both came up with...

"Use the name of a highly-recognizable grecoroman god as the name for something"....

...when both have been using the highly-recognizable names of grecoroman gods for years?

NO WAY! TOTAL CONSPIRACY!

EDIT: Bonus: As the key has been around in warframe quite some time, and the process of creating content, scripting lines for content, then recording lines for content, then releasing said content, takes many months, you can either assume either SMITE(who has... many multitudes of grecoroman gods) stole the idea of "let's add a janus reference", or that both had their own reasons for thinking about it.

bLhqSsQ.jpg

Holy mother of god

Edited by (PS4)da-link-went-1