Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Another "great Job With Breeding Grounds De!" Thread =]

CY13ERPUNK

basically i luv the idea of the non-stop scaling

the more missions you run, the more scaling, BOOM, AWESOME

i have always hated the requirement to stay in endless defense/survival FOR OVER AN HOUR just to get to a point where the enemies present some kind of challenge/threats

this new mission design allows you to constantly iterate higher and higher progressive difficulties

i think if this was to be implemented outside of the event setting, there would be some need for the ability to "reset" your stink at some point (ie take a shower tenno), could reset every week/month, could wear off slowly over time if you haven't ran a mission in awhile, etc, there's several ways to do it that i think would work great

i would LUV to see this kind of mechanic applied to more different mission types, ie the grineer are tired of you constantly wrecking all their mining machines, thusly after several non-stop assaults on their operations they will start to increasing ramp up security to deal with the onslaught of tenno forces

THIS NEW MECHANIC HAS SO MANY FEASIBLE USES, I LUV IT

i hope you expound upon this and use this dynamic A LOT more DE =], great job btw, keep up the good work =]

PS - and plz give us aim-able up/down [ie at the crosshairs] melee and uppercut attacks and mid-air melee, thanks

I agree. I LOVE this event. This was really exciting. Its progress along side progress. NOW THAT is how you keep people interested. Progress along side progress promotes progress. Its almost addicting in a strange fashion.

I agree with CY13.  In addition to the constant scaling, I could see a type of this mission where it could go into an endless fashion and compound in a single mission. Something along the lines of - After destroying every two hives 2 new respawn and can be any of the 6 total, thus possibly getting all 6 in one mission.  If it doubled on something like poison cloud, increase the dmg of poison cloud. Eventually a cloud would be insta-gib and would make it nessecary to stay out and an actual danger.

Also, seeing rewards scale based on stink would be awesome (increased mob/resource drop chance per x number of total stink or something) could make it more enticing as well as a permanent mission type. 

I agree that the way the missions scale can be pretty interesting, and it adds a bit of flavor to the event. But at the same time, I feel like the scaling process takes far too long. The random mission elements are nice, and they can make things incredibly hectic, but underneath that this event still feels very grindy. As far as I can tell, every event has ended up being some new iteration of "repeat this one mission X times to win". When it comes to scaling difficulty, survival and defense missions are still probably going to scale much faster than the Breeding Grounds will. With those mission types, you always see a noticeable increase in difficulty, and you feel it incredibly quickly. The small variety in the missions themselves was a great idea, but the event still feels too slowly paced. DE should definitely be experimenting with these mechanics, and I can only hope that the next experiment will push the boundaries more aggressively.

But at the same time, I feel like the scaling process takes far too long. 

I disagree. The scaling of this type of missions continues after you leave the mission and enter a new one whereas scaling with survival or endless defense scales only in the one missions until you leave.

Once you get to hard in this mode, it stays hard depending on your group.  There should be a mission or even a quest using the new systems to lower it x% of your current total. I would not like to see a way to completely have to start over however.  

I enjoy the build up of it as it holds between missions.  Again, party affects this and running with a PUG every time will be detrimental to running this type of mission. Also, the new group changes coming in 14 should help eliminate some of the problems with group affected mission types (watch dev stream 31 for more information).