The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14 Hype Megathread... U14 Has Been Released!

Rennagade

Given that there was the recent post and interview of the UI team, I'm not suprised if the update would land very soon. If i remember correctly from other major updates, there were posts about new systems the week before release (Damage 2.0, I believe). Of course, they could just be happy and willing to share that goings-on of the Update, which is certainly welcome.

It doesn't matter to me when the update releases. Sooner is nice, but if there needs to be delays for polish and fixes then by all means they should take their time.

^ This

Take your time DE, even when people get their pantys in a bunch.

Not stated or confirmed in any way by DE (just saying so as to avoid crushing disappointment).

There will have been plenty of crushing disappointment before that if they release that late.  Releasing on the 16th would make it 98 days between u14 and u13 :|

Being an older player...am I the only that doesn't look forward to the bible long list of changes in u14? I mean... I'm all for improvement but reading the interview or whatever I found myself just saying "siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh" over and over.

Guys saying that they are "older players" makes me  *sigh*

Why?

(realy when the game is just a bit longer then a year in development)

Since Closed Beta, the game has been out for one year, 8 months and a couple days. But why does that matter? People who have been here for more time... Have been here for more time.

What a silly nitpick, this is.

Edited by FatalX7

Update 14 isn't even necessarily coming next week or soon. Vauban was released in update 7.11 so there could just be more reinforcements next week. If the changes don't look appealing, maybe you could let DE know exactly what you don't like before deployment and perhaps it could be changed. It's like my mom used to say, you never know unless you try.

As a player from the very start, I couldn't be happier.

Quest system and upgradeable personal ship? 'Bout dang time!

New in-universe haptic menus? They look cool!

New Poltergeist frame? I'm always up for a new frame!

New Infested enemies? They needed a buff and some variety anyway!

New Tilesets for Infested and Corpus? The more places there are to fight the less repetitive it feels!

Flaming Sword and Board? Awesome! Silverbones had a great design!

Kubrow? Could be fun and I know lots of people are really excited for them!

Did I miss anything?

Let the hype crash and burn!

You're all expecting it to be what you want it too and when the hype doesn't make it to your expectations it eventually just leaves you disappointed.

Sutherland s Predictions for this major update!

- People will start making hype threads.

- People will be shocked by DE when they tell them the update won't be coming this week!

- People will start arguing when it will/won't come.

- When released people will get angry because it didn't live up to the hype and will make rant posts that are between10-1500 words long expressing said issues whilst people in response "debate" each others arguments denying each parties points resorting in both sides getting extremely angry and calling each other nicknames.

- One person will be labeled a White Knight even despite having fair points

- At least 5 people will get a warning point in the megathread of update 14 because they were stupid.

- At least 24 posts will be merged on the day of release resulting in one of the moderators to cower in there bedroom with a tub of Vanilla Icecream in hand.

- One of the developers will say something by accident resulting in people getting the wrong idea about the update. Resulting in said people making a number of threads about it without realizing it may have/not been a joke.

- There will be 1 game breaking bug in the update that means many players will once again be very angry.

- Sutherland will say "I told you so" because she was right the whole time.

- This post will be ignored and I will have to quote it later on when once again I was proven right.

- Maniacs trying to crash the hype train by spreading false information.*

Edited by Sutherland

This is why I don't get on the hype train in the first place. I get to the crash site by foot and walk by unharmed.

I just set the bombs, then walk away from the explosions.

Cuz I'm cool like that.

Now if you'll excuse me...

HEY! EVERYBODY! U14 will introduce a new frame! Which you have to get to by killing captain vor!

*runs away.*

I just set the bombs, then walk away from the explosions.

Cuz I'm cool like that.

Now if you'll excuse me...

HEY! EVERYBODY! U14 will introduce a new frame! Which you have to get to by killing captain vor!

*runs away.*

You should add "disillusioned maniacs trying to crash the hype train on purpose" to your list. Another reason why I like to take the safe route instead and watch it from a distance. :>

Edited by MeduSalem