Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem With Melee 2.0

Dessfar

1. Stance Mods are a Joke: They make no sense.  Why make combat with a weapon incredibly dull and boring until you find a rare mod?! The mods should A) come as standard B) not exist.  Why not just have the combos built into the weapon?  The new weapons in the latest devstream looked cool but if i want to do any combos i'll have to grind for hundreds of hours to find the stance mod i want.  I feel this will drive away new players who think that melee combat is just mashing E for the same 2 animations over and over.

2.  Why is there more than one stance mod for each weapon? Melee combat would be more enjoyable if they just had all the combos on one weapon.  

3.  The combos are cool, but ultimately not enjoyable to use.  They allow no room for adjustment.  All the best fighting games have more than one basic attack button, that allow you to create your own combos, not one button that you press at different times combined with maybe a mouse click.

EDIT: Ok, they are enjoyable to use, but they could still be SO much better.  Also, hitting enemies still feels like you're hitting through them, at least with blades.  That needs to be fixed.

Edited by Dessfar

I have to disagree because stances are here to stay. I wish it was otherwise.

The problem for me is that we still spam E.  We could have heavy attacks with the R button or something

+ Another problem , bad visual feedback for combos

DE doesn't seem to know what they are dping or don't care

Melee 2.0 was ans still is a huge letdown

What I don't understand is one of the most asked about weapon (Glaive) got the most hard to get stance (Gleaming Talon) on one of the most rare of enemies (Leech Ospray)

yeah going to have to say no to this. Melee 2.0 was not a letdown to me at all. and the stances are ment to be different fighting styles. would you rather be chopping wood with melee 1.0? yeah no, you sound like a spoiled child right now.

1. They are not hard to find and even easier to transmute. Haven't farmed much for them and have already all but 3. I am a great fan of Dynasty Warriors, so I was really happy they started to come up with creative combos!

2. Different play-styles need different stances. While you can't have too many different actions using only 2 keys - however, if you want to keep it usable. This one is self-explaining. 

3. The best and most intuitive hack and slash games use only 2-4 keys for controls (Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors etc). DE has implemented it and is on the right way. They only need to adjust the timings and action flows. 

Edited by AtLasVegas-EGT-

The only real problem i have with melee 2.0 is how clunky and un-flowy doing combo feels.

I played my share of these type of games (devil may cry 3-4, metal gear rising to name a few), it's kinda sad that WF melee is nowhere near the fluidity of said games.

yeah going to have to say no to this. Melee 2.0 was not a letdown to me at all. and the stances are ment to be different fighting styles. would you rather be chopping wood with melee 1.0? yeah no, you sound like a spoiled child right now.

yeah,no,yeah, do you really have to insult me for having an opinion different to yours? yeah, no, i get that their supposed to be different fighting styles but as each fighting style only one 2-3 combos max, it doesn't really work.  If they were both fully developed then it would be awesome, but they're not.

I love melee 2.0 and alll the stances for each weapon (Hate me).

Atleast doing certain combos does more damage if done right.

retroactively doing no combo and just button-mashing will get you to a high number of multipier thus gives you more damage

so combo or no combo you will do higher damage

they are just aesthetics

but if you really want doing combos then DE should cut every combo into 2-4 hit minicombos, thus chaining them will give you one flowy combo that alters upon player agency

Edited by blackstraykitten

retroactively doing no combo and just button-mashing will get you to a high number of multipier thus gives you more damage

so combo or no combo you will do higher damage

they are just aesthetics

but if you really want doing combos then DE should cut every combo into 2-4 hit minicombos, thus chaining them will give you one flowy combo that alters upon player agency

that's very true for Kogake

For me melee is boring because you just find one best combo and spam it everywhere. and fights with infested are very boring  They just run and attack us. They should have some special inteligence :/.

When we use melee we should be abble to make fast dashes to left, right, forward, back. When we are attacking it cost us no stamina, so stamina will be for defense and for dodges/dashes.

Cancels for more with attack+dash. Defense button + one of the direction(left,right,forward,back) + attack button = dash at this direction+slash. ofcourse it will cost higher stamina that regular dash.

Infested should too have dodges. to make game more for action than just mashing.
They should have some special strong attack, after these strong attack they should be opened for our attacks so melee in that time should deal 4x more damage to them, but only the first hit. That can take fight to new tactic to wait for opponents open just like ninja sometimes do and deal deadly strike, again not just mashing one button. True Ninja must see the weak point in his enemy not attacking randomly.

Edited by IfritKajiTora