Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe In The Codex? Details And Frame Inside.

(PSN)killerbunny53

This is kind of a long post, but bear with me it is all pure info...

So I've been thinking... We have Frames we unlock in the Void, we have Frames we unlock by beating bosses, we have Frames we get from alerts, and we have Frames we get from clan research. So what's left you ask?

I propose that in a future update DE adds a new Warframe that can only be unlocked via Codex. Yes I said codex. Before you start complaining, no I'm not suggesting Stalker-G3-Harvester be scanned.

This is designed for higher level player so don't be scared by how to acquire it. It would be worth the grind to get.

How? (Percentages Are Examples That Could Be Changed) Let's say for example you fully scan 50% of the enemies within a faction. 50% of Grineer earns you a helmet BP, 50% of Corpus unlocks awards a system BP, 50% of infested rewards you with a chassis BP. Or, for getting 100% of enemies in a faction you get all parts. FULL BP FOR THE FRAME can only be earned by achieving rank 30 on 5 separate Warframes as marked in the codex by a star.

Why? I feel along with many other players that there is no real reward for spending all of those credits and time on codex scans... This would give an incentive to players who put the time into this.

BEYOND THIS POINT IS MY UNIQUE IDEA, BUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT PLEASE STILL SUPPORT A CODEX EXCLUSIVE FRAME NO MATTER WHAT ITS' POWERS OR NAME.

Name? I was thinking Omni. It sounds badass and it makes sense. Omni comes from Omnis which in Latin means "All" which is what you have to scan to get it. Gender to be determined.

Purpose? To be a sort of support/chameleon of the battlefield by combing the abilities of other frames, with his/her own unique power to refill supplies and grant energy boosts. Designed for us veteran players primarily to provide massive support in higher missions and combine the powers of other Frames to create a whole new kind of Warframe. This is why it will be hard to acquire.

Power? I need some help in this department... Many of the unique powers are already taken, but I have a few idea (tell me if they are good or trash). Some of them are very special, so hand in there an please read... Name and Strength of mods is up for debate. Power 1 25E, Power 2 50E, etc. as usual. Another note about the power ideas Lvl30 does not mean you have to still have them in your inventory. Since I understand many people only have 2 Warframe slots, all you need is to master it so it shows in the codex.

<EDIT>To Balance Power Steal for Powers 1 and 3 the powers could cost (mod capacity filled) double Opinions please:) and thank you:)<EDIT>

1) Omniscent (Means "Of All Things"): Take on the first ability of any Warframe of your choice. OR Recon Tag enemies in all directions above below includes and through walls (See comment #14 for UI idea of it) within a certain range 10/20/30Meters.

2) Apparition: Switch teleport yourself to a random location within certain range (10/15/25 Meters in any direction minimum of 5/8/12 Meters from original place) with a Ghost of your Warframe acting like Decoy. Apparition Lasts 2/4/6 Seconds. For those sticky situations when you are getting cornered or knocked down by shockwave MOAs and corrupted heavy gunners.

3) Morph: Power 3 of any other Warframe.

4) Reinforce: Restore 5/10/15% of all teammates' Energy, Health, Shields, and Ammunition (for all weapons). Unlocked immediately with the frame.

As for build parts, it could be debated, but I propose 3 Orokin Cells for final build and some rare materials for the parts too.

Anyway sorry for long thread, but it is a new idea and a good one I think. Opinions below would be appreciated especially Mod or DE Staff response to this idea:)

Edited by (PS4)killerbunny53

This post was brought to you by pure and unfiltered, straight from the tap, personal preference.

I hate this idea with every fiber of my being.

I hate scanning things in general.

I hate the codex aside from... well the art in it is spiffy.

I seriously hate scanning things, more than you can imagine and more than I should.

Without a doubt, I never want to see the codex gain any reward functionality.  Because as soon as it does I'll be forced to start scanning things and it will, depending on scans needed, hamper my enjoyment of this game for X amount of time till said objective is obtained.

I'm not even saying it's a bad idea necessarily.  But I would never ever in a million years want this to become a thing.

This post was brought to you by pure and unfiltered, straight from the tap, personal preference.

That's the idea of any concept and proposal, opened to the community.

Remain cool, even though you don't appreciate the idea.

I, personnally, kinda like what the OP said... and the frame suggested.

Moved from General Discussion.

Edit: also edited the title for more clarity.

There's a huge flaw in making it require the type of scanning you're proposing.

Say I have everything scanned already, or whatever needs scanning in the amount to provide the blueprints.

Now what happens if I sell those blueprints disregarding the warframe because I'm after something else. But then much later, I think "You know, maybe that warframe would be fun to play," But I've lost these parts, and everything is already scanned so I can't really acquire them anymore.

Oh, and before the argument "Well, then you ruined your own chance," I have to say, a game in which you can screw yourself over in a way that prevents you from having access to features is not acceptable game design (At least from the context of this I see, I'm sure someone could find an example of it being acceptable, but in Warframe it would not).

Also, I don't like the warframe itself. What's the point of all other warframes having their own powers if I could get this one warframe and then suddenly have access to everyone else's powers? I know the "Get the ultimate thing!" mentality isn't the way everyone thinks, but each Warframe should have unique powers, or at the very least a variation on another's powers that fills a different tactic.

But, I digress...

You may be on to something, with using scanning to acquire warframe parts in some way.

Edited by Krion112

I dislike this Idea for the whole point of "All"

I like my volt Warframe because it shocks people and allows me to play aggressive

I like my Excalibur Warframe because it allows me to perform Utility as well as a good movement + Offence capabilities

I like my Oberon Frame because I can negate the nasty Health damaging procs

My point being is that all warframes have their own unique move-sets, and that is what this frame doesn't have, it basically borrows others abilities, the only unique thing this warframe does is restore Ammo, which only certain guns and certain enemy levels will cause a dent in the ammo

Overall, there's promise, however make this warframe have something unique to it, make there be a reason to choose it other than I can use any ability of all of my friends

That's the idea of any concept and proposal, opened to the community.

Remain cool, even though you don't appreciate the idea.

I, personnally, kinda like what the OP said... and the frame suggested.

Moved from General Discussion.

Edit: also edited the title for more clarity.

I tend to be pretty blunt and.. well people take things the wrong way.  It seems like people misinterpret personal feelings as someone claiming a thing is a fact so I tend to preface things I'm massively against with such disclaimers.  I even said in my post that it isn't a bad idea despite my personal dislike.  To further explain, scanning has always felt far too sluggish to me so once I wrapped up Cicero I haven't messed with it.

But if this ever was a thing, I'm just buying it with plat and never even looking back  ^_^

Anyways, just to jump to the frame rather than focus on that note;  I'm somewhat iffy but definitely intrigued by the design you presented.  I'm not entirely keen on ability steals being implemented, but possibly if there's some detractor like a cost increase it may feel more like you're losing something by copying an ability of another frame.  I straight dig the 2 though, sounds like a fun ability to me.  3 is another iffy one, is it just any ability at random?  Generally, there are a lot of 3s that use far different stats to their advantage/loss, so building for this frame would be with a purist mindset would be impossible without just forgoing that technique.

And for the 4, I'm curious.  Is it all just for teammates or does the user gain anything from it at all?  Overall the frame idea does seem cool to me.

I really support the idea to have something really cool as an award to scan the enemies in the codex but...

I dont like it to have the abilities of the other frames in 1 and 3, I would suggest having for 1, some scaner like view of the enemies in the map, you know, like when you use the scanner and the enemies glow orange, well, the ability does that in a radius and let your whole party see the marked enemies untill they die, it could be cool to have them in the minimap too, I guess. I think it makes sense because you have to use the scaner to unlock the frame.

And for 3 it could be like a debuff that works with the 1, for example: you hit 3 and then all the enemies in a radius have their weaknesess reduced and their resistances decreased, if you have already marked enemies with the 1, the debuff is empowered. This makes sense to me because again, you have scan a lot of guys and you know their weak and strong points.

So I think this 2 abilities are unique for a support role in warframe and works really fine with the idea of a frame unlocked by the codex.

Edit: to all the peopla that dont like to scan or just doesnt like the warframe, you know you all can just, idk, use another one, or, maybe, just dont scan things at all if you dont like to do so?

Seriously, this idea could be cool, just dont say no the moment something new appers, or if you dont like the idea just pass to other things, if you dont like something its fine, but that is YOUR opinion, dont talk for the whole community.

Edited by Nelsonz80

>snip<

Edit: to all the peopla that dont like to scan or just doesnt like the warframe, you know you all can just, idk, use another one, or, maybe, just dont scan things at all if you dont like to do so?

Seriously, this idea could be cool, just dont say no the moment something new appers, or if you dont like the idea just pass to other things, if you dont like something its fine, but that is YOUR opinion, dont talk for the whole community.

Yeah... nobody here at all of those against this have said that it wasn't their opinion.  Seriously, this is a point for point reason why I felt the need to state, clear as day, that it was nothing more than my opinion on the matter.  None of the detractors said they're speaking for the community at large in any way at all.  So please, do not make blanket false statements.

Normally, I stay completely away from all fan concepts.  However this one caught my attention purely because of it being linked in as a reward to the Code scanning system.  I'm allowed to not like that, and voice my opinion against it thusly.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I hate this idea with every fiber of my being.

I hate scanning things in general.

I hate the codex aside from... well the art in it is spiffy.

I seriously hate scanning things, more than you can imagine and more than I should.

Without a doubt, I never want to see the codex gain any reward functionality.  Because as soon as it does I'll be forced to start scanning things and it will, depending on scans needed, hamper my enjoyment of this game for X amount of time till said objective is obtained.

I'm not even saying it's a bad idea necessarily.  But I would never ever in a million years want this to become a thing.

Just more complaints anout codex I see...

There's a huge flaw in making it require the type of scanning you're proposing.

Say I have everything scanned already, or whatever needs scanning in the amount to provide the blueprints.

Now what happens if I sell those blueprints disregarding the warframe because I'm after something else. But then much later, I think "You know, maybe that warframe would be fun to play," But I've lost these parts, and everything is already scanned so I can't really acquire them anymore.

Oh, and before the argument "Well, then you ruined your own chance," I have to say, a game in which you can screw yourself over in a way that prevents you from having access to features is not acceptable game design (At least from the context of this I see, I'm sure someone could find an example of it being acceptable, but in Warframe it would not).

Also, I don't like the warframe itself. What's the point of all other warframes having their own powers if I could get this one warframe and then suddenly have access to everyone else's powers? I know the "Get the ultimate thing!" mentality isn't the way everyone thinks, but each Warframe should have unique powers, or at the very least a variation on another's powers that fills a different tactic.

But, I digress...

You may be on to something, with using scanning to acquire warframe parts in some way.

1) Case 1... If you already got passed the required levels since this Frame's unlocks are based on codex info you would get it as soon as the update with it came out.

2) Case 2 ... Since there is already a system to prevent us from selling/trading ability mods without duplicates, why not just use that existing system on this warframe's parts? That would solve selling.

3) Not all of the other power, a power 1 and a power 3 the other 2 powers are unique and set/unchangeable.

4) it is unique because you can replenish ammo/shield/health/energy all at once (give that it is a small percent) and has a sort of substitution teleport too similar too Loki's Decoy plus Switch Teleport combo.

5) thank you, even if you don't like the idea for the frame at least we agree codex scans getting us unlocks could be a great idea

I really support the idea to have something really cool as an award to scan the enemies in the codex but...

I dont like it to have the abilities of the other frames in 1 and 3, I would suggest having for 1, some scaner like view of the enemies in the map, you know, like when you use the scanner and the enemies glow orange, well, the ability does that in a radius and let your whole party see the marked enemies untill they die, it could be cool to have them in the minimap too, I guess. I think it makes sense because you have to use the scaner to unlock the frame.

And for 3 it could be like a debuff that works with the 1, for example: you hit 3 and then all the enemies in a radius have their weaknesess reduced and their resistances decreased, if you have already marked enemies with the 1, the debuff is empowered. This makes sense to me because again, you have scan a lot of guys and you know their weak and strong points.

So I think this 2 abilities are unique for a support role in warframe and works really fine with the idea of a frame unlocked by the codex.

Thanks for support:) i liked your other power 1 idea to kind of "tag" enemies. Could also be unique

No! Pwease! T.T The scanning. And you can't say dpn't complain about the scanning. People will complain about the scanning. Filling the codex is a grind worse than Nekros, Hydroid, Zephyr, Rhino P, and perhaps Loki combined. :P

That's why it's a reward for players dedicated enough to do it. You can go your whole life and never get it so don't complain... Get or do not get

I'm totaly in for the idea. sounds great to me, and would really give meaning and use to the codex.

I must not agree about the abilities part where you can choose which ever you want. i can simply choose iron skin and be invincible along with 

vauben vortex and more op stuff. Just no. abilities need to be chosen by the developers to be balanced.

Love the idea of a tangible reward for codex scanning! (have NOT relished the prospect of all that "photo safari-ing" I have in front of me tbh...) Also LOVE the name Omni, just love it. Better than "Hydroid" actually *sorry devs :P*...and the idea of another support frame, especially one that restores energy/ammo w/out need for stationary "restore" drops. I mean why does Trinity HAVE to be the only "support" style frame?

I'm totaly in for the idea. sounds great to me, and would really give meaning and use to the codex.

I must not agree about the abilities part where you can choose which ever you want. i can simply choose iron skin and be invincible along with 

vauben vortex and more op stuff. Just no. abilities need to be chosen by the developers to be balanced.

That's fine man as long as we get some support for the codex:)

Love the idea of a tangible reward for codex scanning! (have NOT relished the prospect of all that "photo safari-ing" I have in front of me tbh...) Also LOVE the name Omni, just love it. Better than "Hydroid" actually *sorry devs :P*...and the idea of another support frame, especially one that restores energy/ammo w/out need for stationary "restore" drops. I mean why does Trinity HAVE to be the only "support" style frame?

Trinity is man and Even if we don't pick powers, we should have a frame that can restore ammo.  Yeah Helios and I would be going on safari:)