Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Osprey Is Artificial Difficulty

GreyEnneract

I honestly don't think the OP even knows what "artificial difficulty" actually is.  Problem solving and figuring out how to avoid damage is actual difficulty, increased health and armor is artificial difficulty, if you were wondering.  

How about you prove how it is artificial difficulty first before you make passive aggressive threads?

The unit was LITERALLY just put in the game.

Do you really think its going to be perfect out of the gate? Do you think DE are gods at making games perfect and the right way the first time? Answer is no and no.

The unit needs to be in the game for at least a week or so before its changed (unless it is blatantly obvious that it is op to where everyone has an issue with it, which this is not the case.) so DE can acquire proper feedback.

If I sound angry and upset its because im sick of bs threads like this popping up all the time.

The mutalist osprey is a good unit, although it does need some tweaking such as maybe making the cloud slightly smaller, or reducing the damage of the cloud by a little bit. This unit actually makes the infested difficult if you arent paying attention, instead of the infested being a meat grinder well into level 50+ like always.

I like them, they actually force us to relocate in Defense and Survival now. But the duration on their clouds should be lowered, and our Sentinels simply die way too quickly against them.

They need to bring back the Toxic Ancients cloud of death and despair.  I miss that thing.  Actually made it so you had to move rather than camp and afk for the most part.  

Using Rhino and Soma is artificial skill.

And you can't prove it isn't

Huh...Me and a few other people all ran Loki Prime on the breeding grounds against high level enemies and we didn't have any problems and I had just forma'd my loki prime so was only lvl rank 20 at the time.  So I am confused on why people are griping about the osprey's.  Take a hitscan weapon and mess them up.  

Edited by Zaresin

Technically every challenge in every game is artificial difficulty. Artificial means that it's made by man, and all video games are made by man, ergo everything within the game (including the difficulty) is artificial.

In video games, there is no such thing as natural difficulty.

Because, y'know... hooray semantics.

I like them, they actually force us to relocate in Defense and Survival now. But the duration on their clouds should be lowered, and our Sentinels simply die way too quickly against them.

And they like to get stuck in walls and corners on Defense, because of Osprey AI. Is this De's way of slowly dismantling Vauban's infested dominance?

They need to bring back the Toxic Ancients cloud of death and despair.  I miss that thing.  Actually made it so you had to move rather than camp and afk for the most part.

You should never be still versus the Infestation. But we got pansies on our side who can't handle poison... poisoning you

And they like to get stuck in walls and corners on Defense, because of Osprey AI. Is this De's way of slowly dismantling Vauban's infested dominance?

I would imagine so. Vortex.... sort of works on them. They get sucked into the vortex's point, but they can escape if they decide to use their fart jet propulsion.

I would imagine so. Vortex.... sort of works on them. They get sucked into the vortex's point, but they can escape if they decide to use their fart jet propulsion.

They do need to fix the pathing on all osprey's but I'm not sure if that is the osprey's fault so one team or the level design team for the 3 dimensional stuck spot.  

Let's be brutally honest here. Its either the Infested get OP buffed, or Vauban gets a nice hefty nerf. You decide

P.s. mutalist ospreys= 100% working as intended

Would be intersting to see an ancient that can "infect" you and have you attack your own team..that would be a fun (read first to die) enemy.

You guys piqued my interest if the infested Ospreys are in ODD, forcing repositioning. My biggest pet peeve with ODD is players camping on the ledges near the pod raining penta bombs, making the game super boring, this may help with that problem.

You guys piqued my interest if the infested Ospreys are in ODD, forcing repositioning. My biggest pet peeve with ODD is players camping on the ledges near the pod raining penta bombs, making the game super boring, this may help with that problem

Majority of the time I couldn't go past wave 80 in ODD because of that...it just got so dang boring.  The Toxic's don't leave a cloud upon death so you didn't have to really worry about keeping them away from the pod at all times anymore, you just sat up on the ledge and constantly fired orgis or penta bombs on everything with a vauban pooping vortex's like he has anti-matter diarrhea.  Heck you didn't even need a group most of the time if you modded your ogris or penta right...at least now you have a much higher risk involved.  Now only if they would work on that reward a little bit, but baby steps.  

Edited by Zaresin

You guys piqued my interest if the infested Ospreys are in ODD, forcing repositioning. My biggest pet peeve with ODD is players camping on the ledges near the pod raining penta bombs, making the game super boring, this may help with that problem.

I don't think osprey can fly that high currently. They tend to float around head level.

Edit: They can't seem to reach me so Penta/Ogris turret simulator is a go.

Edited by DarkLizalfos

I don't think osprey can fly that high currently. They tend to float around head level.

Edit: They can't seem to reach me so Penta/Ogris turret simulator is a go.

*incoherent yelling*

*kicks over tables*

*knocks over pies*

Lol

Technically every challenge in every game is artificial difficulty. Artificial means that it's made by man, and all video games are made by man, ergo everything within the game (including the difficulty) is artificial.

In video games, there is no such thing as natural difficulty.

Because, y'know... hooray semantics.

Artificial difficulty in games has to do with the way a player is challenged, not who the challenge is developed by. In video games it means that rather than something actually becoming more challenging, it simply becomes more tedious.

Heres a small test - Spot the artificial difficulty

-Enemies learn new behaviors or become more tactful in situations as you progress further

-Enemies Gain more health, resistance and do more damage yet their base AI does not change otherwise

If you guessed the second one, good job, you've identified what artificial difficulty is in video games. Its how tedious something is to mimic 'challenge'. 

That all being said, the mutalist osprey is not inherently artificial difficulty. But like every other enemy in the game, it gains the trait of being artificially difficult due to the endless scaling not actually doing anything to make enemies more challenging, but more tedious.