Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does De Put Event Exclusive Items Back?

--FORMA--

Cicero wouldn't be an issue of debate if the regular status chance mods weren't complete and utter S#&$.

I mean look at it.

Rifle Aptitude - 9 Cost 15% Status vs. Thermite Rounds/High Voltage/Malignant Force - 7 Cost 60% Element DMG + Status

Shotgun Spazz - 9 Cost 30% vs. Event 60% Element DMG + Status

Melee Prowess - 7 Cost 15%

Sure Shot - 7 Cost 15%

Thanks to these event mods there is literally no reason to use the regular ones, plus the fact they pale in comparison. It would be a gross disservice if something that gamechanging wasn't universally available.

This is what I was getting at before, when I was talking about game balancing. If you have powerful enough exclusives, then you end up with two fundamentally different pictures of what the playerbase can actually do: those with, and those without those exclusives. That either means challenges impossible for those without, or boring for those with.

I get that supposed "Event Exclusive" gear should only be handed out by the people who had earned it and were present during that particular event. However I find it a great opportunity to give other people who were not into Warframe at the current time the chance to get this gear just as much as someone who started with Warframe from the begging. Its a bit strange and maybe disappointing for others who already achieved this weapon but so long as they do not just recycle old rewards always for new events I find it a good idea.

Maybe in the future they should give away two rewards, a reward that's new for the current event and a weapon that's been out before in previous events that's much higher and harder to obtain. This way the vets feel like their old gear is worth something and the new players still get a chance on something they had missed before...its a thought but is see nothing wrong with this either.

There's a bunch of stuff we can never get either because it's PC exclusive. I doubt some things will transfer over since it's just copying your PC account.

Those things are not worth the price. Unbunch your panties.

It's more about Sony not S#&$ting on it's loyal customers than anything else. Supporting PS4 from day one you naturally expect everything they ever have to offer.

I guess. Still, the stuff DE makes is far better than the overpriced re-skins you can get through Steam (40+ Euro for a Rubedo-plated set of Vipers). These things are not free.

Edited by Brimir

I guess. Still, the stuff DE makes is far better than the overpriced re-skins you can get through Steam (40+ Euro for a Rubedo-plated set of Vipers). These things are not free.

You... Clearly not played enough F2P games. 40 euro is pocket change. And in fact being free cheapens the appeal.

See, this is also applicable to why event items re-release is a hot topic. Like, with premium items I don't feel swapping ember prime avatar because it's the $150 (actually more expensive because SCEE) avatar on PS4, while Rhino and upcoming Loki avatars are cheaper.

And same with event items. If they become more easily obtainable they lose the appeal because their essential "price" goes down. That said, while some of them like braton vandal can be brought back as noob quest awards something that required a lot of effort should retain that factor. Difficulty of acqusition, which equals value to a degree.

I think putting Cicero mod on Void Vor was a great idea. Glad I had them all from event though, random grind is always worse...

40 euro for a single skin is not pocket change.

You're off your rocker!

It really, really depends on perspective. Is 40 euro a lot for a single card in an online card game? It's pocket change once you look at total investment many a "F2P" game require. We talking 500+ euro a lot of the times...

Because exclusive gameplay altering items just don't make much sense in a video game. Suppose there was a power-up in super mario world only available for 3 months in 1997. From then on the game would always feel incomplete to anyone else that picked it up. It's not a perfect analogy. But I'm overjoyed that Equilibrium and the Cicero mods are acquirable through playing the game now. They open up important playstyle opportunities. Early Access or receiving the mods as a reward without farming is good enough.

Those things are not worth the price. Unbunch your panties.

Panties were never bunched, don't worry. I think all of the Steam skins are terrible and not worth anywhere near the prices people are selling them for. The only exclusive I've ever cared about was Excal Prime, and that's only because he's the best version of my favorite frame. Give me a Dragon/Dex Excal with more speed or power and I'll forget the Prime ever existed. Heck, just give me a normal looking Excal with those things and I'm happy.

Excalibur Prime was an exclusive item.  Brakk was an event item and is still sort of an event item.  (have to farm alerts in the hope to get a rare spawn group of non-pushovers to hopefully drop pieces of it.)  

There's a difference.  If they choose to re-introduce event items, it's their discretion.  Something specifically tagged as exclusive has a near zero chance of returning.  

Like, after Sniper buff. Or Vectis Prime release. Because, you know, it's the only weapon using it.

why doesnt anyone even try to be logical in this game? THERE WONT BE A VECTIS PRIME. Its a Tenno weapon and not Orokin.

Orokin=Prime. not anyone else.

/sigh

why doesnt anyone even try to be logical in this game? THERE WONT BE A VECTIS PRIME. Its a Tenno weapon and not Orokin.

/sigh

Braton Prime likes to argue this as its a corpus designed weapon.

They do these primes at their leisure, not to some lore based reasoning. 

Slow your roll.

Because they are NOT and never were EXCLUSIVE.

Founders items are deemed exclusive and WILL NOT return.

Everything else is meant to make a return to the game at some point.  This means weapons, syandannas (perhaps not or just reskins) and even events (perhaps as core mission types) have the high possibility to return in some fashion.

Exclusivity of possibly game play enhancing items while the game is in BETA is just poor design.  The founders get their items due to the big risk they took with their wallet on something that doesn't even have a financial return for them.  All else is fair play.

Edited by Judge_Hellboy

Braton Prime likes to argue this as its a corpus designed weapon.

They do these primes at their leisure, not to some lore based reasoning. 

Slow your roll.

Corpus version is an aftermarket cheap knockoff like every frame that isnt a Prime. there are very few Primeable weapons left as of right now. Only a few sidearms, no Primaries that I can think of. They got a nice amount of melee to work with

its time for other manufacturers to showcase their goods. Primes are supposed to be hard to acquire and very valuable and expensive.

Edited by Kartumterek

/sigh

If any frame can be Primed like Rebecca said, then any weapon is probably fair game too. Remember, this is still a beta and things can change, including lore.