Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid Sucks Too Much To Be A Rank 7 Weapon

Reaver_X

Anyone else agree that this weapon could use a buff now? its a mere shadow of its former self, definitely could use some lovin.

also, a question thats completely unrelated, i was reading the hotfix notes and it mentioned something about attatched avatars not being destroyed....what the hell does that even mean and whats it talkin about? o.0

I agree. The Boar Prime is also a terrible weap- wait, I don't have the right mods on it.

Hm, maybe if it's modded right, any weapon could be viable... What a concept :P

Dude, the Acrid is a near-direct downgrade to a damn Vasto. You can make it viable, but you can't make it good.

Edited by SortaRandom

I agree. The Boar Prime is also a terrible weap- wait, I don't have the right mods on it.

Hm, maybe if it's modded right, any weapon could be viable... What a concept :P

Spectra cant be viable no matter how much forma and time is spent on it . I forma mine 4 times it feels useless its damage is non excisting 

Edited by Garuger

make it so the acrid DoTs enemies regardless of elemental resistances/immunities and i think the gun will definitely do something in terms of dps, not as much as the old acrid but a heavy duty amount more than it does now.

I wish to see this with all the elemental weapons but more like how the castanas and heatsword jump attack works where its a 50% chance to proc the original element regardless/sepret of status chance and mods this would make up for the sub par elemental weapons and give them a niche like the ignis acrit embolast lanka prova provavandal serro and make up for the lack of useful damage numbers and sub par everything else

the ignis has like 10 damage a second base yet 5% status? even if it had 100% status for its mod elements thats still procing off a % of 10 damage a second on effects that dont stack procs or ticks so you got fire doing 1 damage a tick on level 1 enemys without serration and 3 with it wow someone break out the nerf hammer *atleast if im assuming right*

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

It's not about the mods.  If you put good mods on a crappy gun, it will be decent.  If you put good mods on a good gun, it will be amazing.  The only weapons which suddenly outclass other weapons at high rank w/good mods are crit build weapons.  The Acrid needs a serious buff.  I would love to see it turned into a proper DOT weapon.

DE really needs to go through the Mastery ranks and renovate everything about them.

They need to pick a level range, and assign a Mastery rank to that range. Weapons in that Mastery should be viable, out of the box with zero mods, for fighting that level range.

The Acrid would finally be great again, and its mastery rank would mean something.

Edited by Ion_Sig

azmyth1, on 29 Jun 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

It's not about the mods.  If you put good mods on a crappy gun, it will be decent.  If you put good mods on a good gun, it will be amazing.  The only weapons which suddenly outclass other weapons at high rank w/good mods are crit build weapons.

Spectra says hi.

Edited by __Kanade__