Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma And Boltor Prime Need A Nerf!

OrphanMaker

i don't get what's so wrong about having high level hard to get gear  (boltor prime bp still sells for 35plt as a proof of that) we have gear for low level missions and gear balanced for endless survival/defence/interception, if you say that the boltor prime (all prime weapons eventually, provided they are buffed to an even level) should have mastery requirement of 8 or highter i absolutely agree but as long as levels and mastery ranks exist some stuff is bound to be more powerful and something weaker, i can't see why are so many people complaining about that.

No it don't sell for 35p, you made that up. I have had many Boltor prime bp, I farm them to sell, and they go for 15p. Only a noob or someone mentally impaired would buy boltor prime bp for 35p. XD

Edited by OrphanMaker

No it don't sell for 35p, you made that up. I have had many Boltor prime bp, I farm them to sell, and they go for 15p. Only a noob or someone mentally impaired would buy boltor prime bp for 35p. XD

Market prices are based on supply and demand or how much someone really wants something.  Say I have a bottle of water on my desk.  It's a standard 20ounce bottle still sealed.  In most stores and gas stations they go from anywhere between 75cents and $1.50.  

Now say you were in the desert or the wilderness.  With no food or water and dying of thirst.  I come along and say you can have this clean and sealed bottle of water, for a thousand dollars.  Suddenly that thousand dollars seems like a good deal.

Prices are a matter of perspective of between how much people want something, how fast they want it, and how much is available. 

If someone really wants something and they want it fast, they may be willing to pay more than market price for it.  Now if they are interested in something but there's no hurry, then they may shop around and try and go for a bargain.  

Explains basic exonomics ^ XD

This thread is very confusing. I just want to put my 2 cents in.

If, unfortunately, you have to fight against the RNG Gods to try and get some part you are after, then discovering an OP gun in some form is a godsend, because seriously, if you're forcing yourself into a grind-a-thon, then you have to min-max your tools.

If however - just as a random example that I'm not trying to balance in any way - DE was to create missions that ... say ... had a Max Conclave level in order to enter, you would have to tailor a frame and the loadout to fit it, but because of the extra challenge, the drops would be better scaled. In such a system, the Boltor Prime and Soma could turn out to have a starting high Conclave Rating, in order to make it much harder to take into a "challenge situation", then other, less powerful guns.

I will keep on saying this until my face explodes, and that is that it's not a gun or frame or mod that is OP'ed, it's the fact that the only challenge we are given at the moment is in the form of either a million cheap enemies swarming into the same 5x5 meter area you are in, or bosses with weird invulnerability stages that are massive bullet sponges.

Tailor the challenges, and the suddenly people will put mods on guns that are other then JUST damage mods, to deal with the challenges.

http://www.tennoarmory.com/item-price-lists/blueprints/

That site has 32P for Boltor Prime BP. The fact that many are not selling or buying at that price is irrelevant over the fact that the numbers are still out there, and he did not "just make it up".

It does not, some weapons are just meant to be superior.

In order to get the Boltor Prime, you have to go through the void anyway, (but I suppose rich kids will be rich kids and will just buy it).

Balancing out all the guns so that there aren't CLEAR superior guns is a mistake and everyone knows it. "Why should I make new gear if my current default gear is just as good with the same mods?" People seem to skip over the idea of progression. You progress, you earn, you use, you enjoy the full benefits of the fruits of your labour, in this case, the Soma or Boltor Prime.

Going through T1 to T3 missions in the void is quite different than going to 25plus waves or 30plus minutes in T4 defense and survival.  Try that with a gun that "isn't OP" and see how well you fare.

Warframe could use explict tiering.  The problem with the Boltor Prime is that it is in a class all by itself.  If there were a dozen weapons within 10% of its power level, fine, but nothing even comes close.  High level stuff becomes tedious and boring where there are only a handful of weapons to choose from.  I'm fine with nerfing the 5 best weapons or buffing the 10 weapons which are primes or MR 6+, but yet still suck, like the Supra.  Either way, weapons need to be balanced with some sort of rhyme or reason.  Right now, there is none, it's just - "let's have a MR 2 weapon be the best at everything."

I agree with the players that want the high mastery weapons to be buffed and if it that is not going to happen just lower its mastery rank because its pointless to stuff like that to be in the game. Maybe the MR thing in weapons is what needs a look.

-Soma is a good riffle of course, great damage and mag size but you are forgetting about reload speed and relying so much on crit mods that eat your space for modding.

-Boltor Prime isn´t that OP when you are waisting amo shooting from far because the darts have travel time and they fall in their way into the air if the distance is a bit long. It´s a good riffle for Rhino and tanky frames because you need to stay close to the enemies to actually do sustained damage. That´s why I prefer hit-scan.

So if you think about it they have disadvantages like every weapon but their ment for high level missions and of course they are not the only top tier primaries to use, they are the most known and popular because people don´t want or don´t know how to use something like a Sybaris or Grinlok for example because they require more sinergy with the warframe to shine. Soma and BoltorP are easier to use than other weapons that´s all.

The whole argument of "overpowered" does not hold water in a game like WF. The biggest complaint seems to be "those other people are killing stuff faster then I am, and that should not happen". It's a coop game, you're not being shot at with them, those other people are helping you finish a mission.

If someone was running in front of me and every few seconds an explosion went off and everything within 50 meters just dropped dead regardless of level, I would probably think something was off, but that is not what happens, and instead I'm usually too busy in my corner of the the current room or an adjacent room trying to stop mobs of steadily increasing level going past me to kill my team mates.

If I was held down at gun point and forced to "fix" the current weapon balance topic that keeps coming up, I would simply call up the logs that show which weapons are being used the most in say, high level waves or Void missions, and have a tinker with the ones that are being left at home.

Note that I would not buff damage, what I would do is just add functionality or utility, which could probably be done in a creative way, making every gun much more unique and fun to use. Hell, I'd love to have the Flux Rifle beam being able to be bounced off certain surfaces, or have the Lanka scoped in view see targets through any barrier it can actually punch through, in x-ray vision style.

DE started a trend with things like making the Kestrel stagger targets, or the Lanka have innate punch-through, many other weapons just need their own polish, so when a person goes "hey, we are going <here> to hunt <this things>" players can actually dive into their Armoury and bring along weapons that either fit that mission well or that fit their particular play style best in that mission, rather then the weapon with the best DPS, although in player's defence, if the main mission you keep throwing at players is trying to make a million mobs swarm in from all directions directly to a central point, they can't be blamed for DPS heavy fits.

Until we get some level of scripted missions, or that have unique challenges, don't blame players for bringing hammers to a room full of nails.

The only personal example I can give here is that when I had Mastery Rank test 11, I was really worried I'd be too slow because of reloads, or bad accuracy etc etc (it was nowhere near as bad as I had thought though), and I spend a while customizing a gun. In the end, I took a Soma with dual recoil mods (meaning it had ZERO reticle recoil), 5 point Heavy Barrel, a mod for faster fire rate, one for mag size and one for reload speed, and no damage mods cause I knew the orbs would pop regardless of damage, and tested it in a low level mission first.

What I ended up with was a zero recoil, shotgun spread bullet hose that reloaded fast and allowed me to run like a maniac so I could focus on constant, high movement speed over accuracy, especially in a visually hard to see place like the MR tileset.

It was a highly optimized tool to do something that unfortunately was not necessary in that instance (plenty of time to spare), but I think it would be great if there was missions where ALL mods would have valid reasons to be on guns, rather then the usual Serration-Split chamber-4 Elements that seem to be norm.

It's not just about being jealous of your teamates.  It's about challenge, and it's about choice of weapons at endgame.  If you are running a high level mission, you should be able to pick from more than a handful of weapons in order to keep pace with your team.  Weapon balancing isn't even that big of a deal.  Even the best weapons only do 30% more than the others, give or take.

It's not just about being jealous of your teamates.  It's about challenge, and it's about choice of weapons at endgame.  If you are running a high level mission, you should be able to pick from more than a handful of weapons in order to keep pace with your team.  Weapon balancing isn't even that big of a deal.  Even the best weapons only do 30% more than the others, give or take.

* You are free to create your own challenge already.

* You can go into a mission with any weapon, no one is stopping you.

* The "highest" level missions are Nightmare. They usually have lev 30 mobs. DE does not balance for Endless Defense with lev 60+ mobs.

* Weapon balancing isn't your problem. I think you will find that your problem is that we don't have a large mission variety, we get ammo drops too easily, and maps favor a weapon that can put out a lot of ammo in a straight line. DE could easily "balance" some guns with just small - SMALL DAMN IT - changes to some reload times, accuracy scalings or bullet behavior to mitigate some of the most powerful MODs combinations (Serration+Split Chamber+Heavy Caliber), magazine size tweaks, etc etc.

A mod like the Ammo Mutators can make or break a gun like a Soma or Boltor, especially if mobs stop being goddam ammo piñatas.

The easiest of missions could become impossible with greatly reduced energy drops, and limits on how many Energy/Ammo restores you could take into a mission.

It's all a matter of prospective. All people see is "OMG Hax DPS!!!" and don't see why the mechanics of the current missions favor that, over say, silenced weapons, greater level of stealth, and just more tactics that revolve around a more standard market shooter.

You came here for fast Space Ninja shooting action? You now complain that's exactly what you got?

Edited by DSpite

You need to try the weapons to T3/T4 survival in above 1 hour before say "nerf" word..

If you dont like OP weapon just use Lato (maybe its great for you)

No offence, just feel "Dumb"

Edited by --Q--Gasz

Nerf frame is best frame.

Let's turn Warframe into another ME2/ME3 multiplayer with chest high walls and a cover system !

Add cool downs too that are affected by weight !

Because vaulting, wall running, sprinting are all too OP !

Because able to use Chaos the moment you have energy is too op, you need a cool down on top of unable to cast while power in use !

Edited by fatpig84

• 2 months later...