Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ninjato Weapon Concept - Dragon Ninjato.. The Jinato!

OrphanMaker

Anyone besides me think we need a Ninjato weapon. I mean we do have katana but we are ninjas not samurai so it would only be right we had Ninjato.

Deadliest-Ninjato.png

WORN ON BACK!

PaulChenNinjaTo2.jpg

JAPANESE MUSEUM OF NINJA - "for disclaimers of the ninjato which is nothing but a straight version of the katana."

Ninja-Sword-in-Iga.jpg

2005_05_03_shinobi_gatana.jpg

The museum is in Iga a famous place in japan for the ninja that was there. They were slaughter by the samurai.

Below Video about Iga history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw0bfegFfJw

NAME: JINATO

STATS

Impact 2.5

Puncture 15

Slash 25

Crit Chance 30%

Crit Damage 2.0

Status 15%

Attack Speed 1.1

NAME: TIGER JINATO

STATS

Impact 5

Puncture 25

Slash 35

Crit Chance 50%

Crit Damage 2.5x

Status 20%

Attack Speed 1.3

The Jinato is the counterpart to the Nikana. The Jinato offers fast lethal hits with a jumping spinning flip finisher that make the tenno a spinning saw of death. The blade have  embedded incantations for enhanced elemental abilities. Only the most mystical of ninja may wield it. This weapon is designed with speed and critical hits in mind so it is less powerful than the nikana and dragon nikana but makes it up in speed and critical hits.

I changed the design from a status weapon to a critical weapon, so in essence this is a shorter less damage but faster nikana.

Plz comment

I may change stats..

** If you like this post please read my other.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/254934-grineer-return-of-the-sawman-and-stealth-grineer/

Edited by OrphanMaker

The ninja theme is a bit stretched already, but this would be kinda cool, I reckon.

I don't much care for numbers, personally. It's always nice to have weapons that look cool and are enjoyable to use.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

60%..... what

Status over crit is my preferred build too, but 60% base is quite insane.

Yeah I know but this is the only way to justify going with Status over crit because that 2.0x multiplier is insane on the dragon nikana and this is the only way to justify not going the crit route.

the worst Crit chance ever....and this weapon is a Ninja Tool that does has and should have DPS so i would say it should have a 30% Crit Chance......

I know but this is for diversity. The Nikana is already a raw power crit monster if properly built. I figured I would go the more ninja magic status route. I don't want to make another Nikana that would defeat the purpose.

Ninjato weren't real things as far as I know, but a short blade like that would be cool. +1 from me.

Ninjato weren't real things as far as I know, but a short blade like that would be cool. +1 from me.

Yes they were. The ninjas were not very rich they where farmers, and villagers. They were not very rich so they had cheap weapons like the straight sword ninjato. They fought against the oppressive samurai whom were rich and powerful. They were not as skilled swords men as the samurai and did not have the expensive armor either, so they would plan sabotage missions and catch the samurari off guard and kill them and when they were caught. throw a smoke bomb to escape.... Hey I should make that a concept. Smoke bomb secondary that stun and blind and do little damage.. New idea right there.

Edited by OrphanMaker

Yes they were. The ninjas were not very rich they where farmers, and villagers. They were not very rich so they had cheap weapons like the straight sword ninjato. They fought against the oppressive samurai whom were rich and powerful. They were not as skilled swords men as the samurai and did not have the expensive armor either, so they would plan sabotage missions and catch the samurari off guard and kill them and when they were caught. throw a smoke bomb to escape.... Hey I should make that a concept. Smoke bomb secondary that stun and blind and do little damage.. New idea right there.

That's BS.

Ninja where dedicated spies, scouts and assassins. They didn't fight against the Samurai for anti-oppressive reasons, they fought against them at the pay of rival noble groups. A Ninja is a mercenary spy and assassin employed because they didn't follow the same sense of decorum that Samurai did. Think of it in the modern sense of a Standing army vs. Special Ops.

There is no historical evidence of Ninjato existing. Ninja did use swords but they where just Wakazashi.

That's BS.

Ninja where dedicated spies, scouts and assassins. They didn't fight against the Samurai for anti-oppressive reasons, they fought against them at the pay of rival noble groups. A Ninja is a mercenary spy and assassin employed because they didn't follow the same sense of decorum that Samurai did. Think of it in the modern sense of a Standing army vs. Special Ops.

There is no historical evidence of Ninjato existing. Ninja did use swords but they where just Wakazashi.

What are you talking about. The Ninjas did start as farmers and simple villagers, I left out the part about them becoming paid spies and assassins later in history. Last the Ninjato was created before the katana. The ninjato is simply the katana before the Japanese learned to put a curve in the weapon. All sword in japan were straight before they became curved for slashing. And last the Ninjato may have been a short, straight, cheap sword, used by the ninja in the 15 century.

"That's BS' and fu** you go read a book on Japanese history.

Edited by OrphanMaker

What are you talking about. The Ninjas did start as farmers and simple villagers, I left out the part about them becoming paid spies and assassins later in history.

Last the Ninjato was created before the katana. The ninjato is simply the katana before the Japanese learned to put a curve in the weapon. All sword in japan were straight before they became curved for slashing.

There weren't Ninja that far back. The term only started to see use around the 15th century when they where already mercenaries.

That's still not a Ninjato it's a Chokuto.

ninjas used whatever weapon they could get their hands on at any given moment, So yes Ninjas used Katanas as well.

That they did. That includes Chinese bombs and mortars, making people whining about Ninja never using guns really funny to me.

If a Ninja could get his hands on a Gorgon he dang well would have used it!

What are you talking about. The Ninjas did start as farmers and simple villagers, I left out the part about them becoming paid spies and assassins later in history. Last the Ninjato was created before the katana. The ninjato is simply the katana before the Japanese learned to put a curve in the weapon. All sword in japan were straight before they became curved for slashing.

"That's BS' and fu** you go read a book on Japanese history.

*facepalm* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana

*facepalms even harder* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninjat%C5%8D

yeah no the Katana came first. You need to get your facts strait.

That they did. That includes Chinese bombs and mortars, making people whining about Ninja never using guns really funny to me.

If a Ninja could get his hands on a Gorgon he dang well would have used it!

I love Japanese culture, Im going to be studying it in College. whitch is one of the reasons I love Warframe, ALL the japanese symbolism :)

There weren't Ninja that far back. The term only started to see use around the 15th century when they where already mercenaries.

That's still not a Ninjato it's a Chokuto.

Sooo... If I put that people would not read it, people don't know that chokuto is. Either way I just want to see a straight ninjato in the game.

Lol, read what you just posted. It says right there that they didn't exist in the "modern" sense until the 15th century. There where predecessors sure but they where retroactively labeled Ninja.

Dude... Get off peoples back. We are discussing something no one really know about so quit the arguing and stop being a troll.

Not even historian no the truth about the history of the ninja. As far as I know they were just farmer and villagers that hated samurai and sometimes payed by samurai to kill other samura and even at times help samurai to kill other ninjas. 

Edited by OrphanMaker

Sooo... If I put that people would not read it, people don't know that chokuto is. Either way I just want to see a straight ninjato in the game.

I wan't even the first to point out that Ninjato don't exist. At least I provided the correct name.

Dude... Get off peoples back. We are discussing something no one really know about so quit the arguing and stop being a troll.

I'm not being a troll and I'm not trying to argue. I'm trying to help educate. The other person I'm talking with says they want to study Japanese culture in college, so I figured I'd try and help.

Why is trying to get people to use the correct terminology and learn a little wrong?

I wan't even the first to point out that Ninjato don't exist. At least I provided the correct name.

I'm not being a troll and I'm not trying to argue. I'm trying to help educate. The other person I'm talking with says they want to study Japanese culture in college, so I figured I'd try and help.

Why is trying to get people to use the correct terminology and learn a little wrong?

No... Your just being a troll know it all. Help educate about Japanese culture? From what! Wikipedia? Bull!!!!

Yelp, Im going to help educate you dumb people with wikipedia.

Edited by OrphanMaker