Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Just Terrible (Acquiring Essential Weapon Mods For New Players)

Taikaponi

To add another problem:

Even if we veterans make a noob account, we would exactly know what to do, where to look, how to mod.

Beginners don't know about that. They just try to do the star map and are probably surprised why they neither have credits, nor mods.

To add another problem:

Even if we veterans make a noob account, we would exactly know what to do, where to look, how to mod.

Beginners don't know about that. They just try to do the star map and are probably surprised why they neither have credits, nor mods.

I wish DE brought a boss back to Earth who drops Oberon parts. Oberon was such a nice frame for beginners.

That IS brutal bro... RNG has not been kind to You!

Quick advice?   Get a 'Taxi' to Xini, group up with a team and farm that place for a few hours... the mods there will flow!

I don't want to leech in high-level missions, I want to be able to do something myself as well.

Edited by Taikaponi

I wish DE brought a boss back to Earth who drops Oberon parts. Oberon was such a nice frame for beginners.

Whom they couldn't craft anyways, or maybe reach first.

Beeing new to the game really is a pain. I remember those times, when we needed Slash dash to kill Ancients on Mercury and Toxics still killed after death with their cloud.

We throw a party when we got a cold mod and those today-puncture mods, so we could bypass the armor and slow enemies because they won't die the first shot.

I helped a friend a while ago and did mercury with him. Wow.. after two nodes or so, you meet bombards in a regular mission. That's hefty.

Edited by SIDESTRE4M

Whom they couldn't craft anyways, or maybe reach first.

Beeing new to the game really is a pain. I remember those times, when we needed Slash dash to kill Ancients on Mercury and Toxics still killed after death with their cloud.

We throw a party when we got a cold mod and those today-puncture mods, so we could bypass the armor and slow enemies because they won't die the first shot.

I helped a friend a while ago and did mercury with him. Wow.. after two nodes or so, you meet bombards in a regular mission. That's hefty.

Oberon isn't that expensive, the only problem would be collecting the Control Module.

Control modules no. Neural Sensors yes.

Control Modules are hard to get for a new player. I'm pretty damn sure that a newbie won't know what Void is and new players have no chance fighting the Hyena Pack. Jupiter has much lower level enemies than Neptune, so Neural Sensors would be easier to get.

Edited by Taikaponi

Im just wondering what stuff you use if you see magical horses.... cuz i want some :D Fun fact: i got serration in about 25hrs in game. hornet strike even later than that(now i have about 80hrs+ in). So i hope their idea for helping new players does work, good thing you did this post cuz i forgot how hard it is for new players to get mods that actually matters in long run. Makes me think twice about them now

Edited by (PS4)SofeSNBR

8 hours. Does not equal experienced. And this thread is pointless, keep playing the game and keep getting those mods. 

Complaining about it won't get you anywhere.

Excuse me, I can't breath.  Man, that was hilarious.  I started a new account, a few months back (and gave it to me cousin) and I managed to reach Saturn.  And after about 140 hours on it, I've managed to get ONE Serration, too many Point Blanks (My cousin hates shotguns) and Pressure Points, but literally ZERO Hornet Strikes in over ONE HUNDRED OF TWENTY HOURS OF GRINDING THE RIGHT FACTIONS.

The drop rate SUCKS.  And yes, 8 hours IS enough to get people to LEAVE the game because they've hit a wall and can't advance because they simply cannot kill stuff fast enough.

I did the same thing a few months ago.  The only way to get good mods quickly is to finish mercury and play nightmare missions with more experienced players.  My "new player" account still doesn't have a hornet strike after 25 hours or so of gameplay, but the Lethal Torrent makes up for that a bit.

8 hours. Does not equal experienced. And this thread is pointless, keep playing the game and keep getting those mods. 

Complaining about it won't get you anywhere.

Not going to point out what everyone else did, instead going to point out that Warframe does not even have 8 hours worth of varied content, so 8 hours is more than enough to be "experienced". If a new player gets carried they can have the entire star chart cleared (for what it is worth) in less than 8 hours. By the time a player has cleared Earth they have seen every mission type Warframe offers multiple times, and yet, unless they are really lucky, will have almost entirely useless mod drops, and not high enough rank to build better weapons.

[snip]

Still mods are easy as fk to get just play the right faction 

Mods are easy to get if you know what the right faction is, and are lucky. Unforunately for new players they have no way to know what the right faction is, much less what the right mods are, without going to an outside source like the wiki.

Now, this is rather silly of them, but a lot of players happen to think that it should not be a requirement to go to an outside source for information on how to play the game or obtain necessary items to advance. See, usually games are either so well designed that there are no essential mods that rely purely on RNG to advance, or they have the information in game so that players know what to farm. Warframe has neither.

Warframe has one of the most obscure and unfriendly newbie experiences in gaming history, where the enjoyability and ease of the new player experience is dependent entirely on RNG or getting carried/charity than it does on the player's skill and ability.

And to add to the above discussion, even those of us with a few hours of experience behind us (Hiya!), there are mods people will recommend for sticky situations that we don't have (Life Strike... I would be looking at you... if I had you, that is...).

I did hear that they are adding beginner mods to the chart for completing quests, and that would be a good thing.  But I further agree that there is almost 0 information in the game.  Mods may be in the Codex, but in order for me to know where they drop, I have to scan the enemies a few dozen times.  Hiding research information behind a game mechanic?  Why?  Scanning should be fore learning about strengths/weaknesses, and maybe even attack types.  Not drops (my opinion).

Hopefully the next major update (U14) will help with at least some of this, but the sad thing is that most new players don't even know what they don't know about the system, and have little enough means to find out.

9f33deca7370bfa0c63baa3b1bf719c9.png

Those are the only rifle mods I have received on my noob account after 8 hours of game play. I have completed Mercury, Venus, and Earth. I have also unlocked Sedna and farmed Kappa for an hour.

If you are strong enough, just farm Apollodorus on Mercury. You can get Lethal Torrent, Serration and bunch of other stuff as long as you can stay alive.

As a secondary bonus you will get a good amount of T1 keys which will enable you to get some other high end mods as well.

Finally, you will also gain a lot of affinity this way, so always bring 1 unranked/low ranked weapon amongst your equipped arsenal. 

Without looking that up first, you have no chance to know. That is the problem.

Given, that you aqcuire all the mats and mods somewhere else, you could spend your whole warframe time on appollodorus. Even the first survival will get hard at some point.

Without looking that up first, you have no chance to know. That is the problem.

Given, that you aqcuire all the mats and mods somewhere else, you could spend your whole warframe time on appollodorus. Even the first survival will get hard at some point.

Good point! Beginners have absolutely no idea where to even start looking for damage mods.

No need to give me anything, I'm an experienced player just trying out the new player experience. Back when I started playing this game, any mod could be dropped by any enemy. For example, you could farm Infested for every mod in this game.

Now acquiring mods is pain in the @$$, because ''uncommon'' mods like Serration are more rare than actual rare mods.

This is partially true. 

At the beginning, Grineer had an higher chance to drop V mods, Corpus - and Infested D and Ability ones. It was really difficult to farm particular mods just killing tons of enemies from the wrong faction (for example, farming for Serration killing Infested).

It's common knowledge that 95% of the people who post on these forums skim the original post.

It is also common knowledge that another high percentage of them will post a scathing, ignorant response and believe themselves to be right.

Warframe forums in a nutshell.

Right.

I started playing with a few friends and it was really awful, because they had already invested about 30 hours.

It was like beeing super cautious, carefull aiming, taking cover and stuff... they just ran ahead "yay, enemies" - boom.

Using abilities was something special. I had to learn it all the "hard" way, reading forums and wiki.

But before you grab your tissues to wish away your tears because of my sappy story: This is something veterans tend to forget or douchy people tend to just ignore it.

That IS brutal bro... RNG has not been kind to You!

Quick advice?   Get a 'Taxi' to Xini, group up with a team and farm that place for a few hours... the mods there will flow!

Not true:

Chargers:

Fusion Core 

Redirection 

Regen 

Rupture

Convulsion

Fracturing Wind 

Speed Trigger 

Chaos

Leapers:

Decoy 

Fusion Core 

Swift Deth 

Cleanse Infested 

Energy Vampire

Seismic Palm 

Snow Globe 

Teleport

Runners: 

Fusion Core 

Ghost 

Reach 

Well Of Life 

Concussion Rounds 

Point Blank 

Sundering Strike

Healer:

Flame Repellent 

Fusion Core 

Lightning Rod 

Shock 

Iron Skin 

Accelerant 

Seeker

Disruptor:

Fireball 

Flechette 

Fusion Core 

Redirection 

Expel Infested 

Sonar

Cleaving Whirlwind 

Crush

Toxic:

Fusion Core 

Organ Shatter 

Shredder

Slip Magazine

Warm Coat 

Fast Deflection 

Hornet Strike 

Brutal Tide 

Firestorm

Where do you see serration in that? Farming xini isnt the answer those are the common enemies and none of them drop it.

I was completely carried by friends my first 3 weeks in the game, they got me everything I needed and I literally just ran around picking up mods. Even that was still a massive pain, I definitely wouldn't of carried on playing if I wasn't carried at the start.