Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Technocyte Virus Real Life

Deydreus

Cordyceps is some scary stuff, as someone mentioned above, a human strain of it is the concept behind the "zombies" of The Last of Us.

Pretty fascinating stuff if you look into it, with a little touch of nightmare fuel to boot.

Thank god that cordyceps does not affect humans in the same way it affects ants and spiders. 

Although this shows how horrifying nature is.

'tis a cruel world…filled with zombie spiders.

Doe not affect humans YET. Because currently it has "benefits" to human well being. I'm betting that's how it starts...ancient tarantulas probably were not even poisonous...they ate cordyceps got hooked up with the kill juice...cordyceps learned how tarantulas work....fast forward zombie spiders. People keep eating them...fast forward...zombie people. 

Edit : There are THOUSANDS OF STRAINS one for each of the different thing that it infects.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Doe not affect humans YET. Because currently it has "benefits" to human well being. I'm betting that's how it starts...ancient tarantulas probably were not even poisonous...they ate cordyceps got hooked up with the kill juice...cordyceps learned how tarantulas work....fast forward zombie spiders. People keep eating them...fast forward...zombie people. 

Edit : There are THOUSANDS OF STRAINS one for each of the different thing that it infects.

I like to be the first test subject to try this then.... maybe I'll become a infested runner *delusional idiot final words. 

The cordyceps used by human beings are generally broken down for medicinal usage in traditional Chinese and Tibetan herbal medicines.

"C. Sinensis  is an annual Ascomycetes fungus closely related to the mushroom. Although not actually a mushroom taxonomically, it has been described as an exotic medicinal mushroom in traditional Chinese and Tibetan medicine. "

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3121254/

Edited by Phobose

As far as I can tell, the Cordyceps strain currently cannot:

-Noticeably change the bodily structure of infected beings

-Form an organized covering over infected beings

-Survive in the depths of space

-Bleed

-Glow

-Infect technology

-Manifest a sentient complex of millions (if not billions or even trillions) of minds

-Be of technological nature and a manufactured biological weapon

-Create clouds of toxin

-Emit a concentrated magnetic field

-Repair itself at a visible rate

-Blast attackers with electricity

-Explode

Edited by MageMeat