The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

hDKh3jL.gif

Round 2

I am sorry for your taste, and also that you have to come onto a forum with all your negativity and nothing constructive. Byebye

oh and here, to show now hard feelings here's a pso2 meme.

580c7e375a1220a4d8db846a90e9fa1838c723a5

Keep your "le funny pictures XD" to yourself please.

So, he'll be fine with it if they only acquire PC version? What's your point?

Blacklight on PC was murdered by PWE. From what I've heard, they delivered a rather important patch to PWE that fixed bugs that had been in for years due to rebuilds and what not. Cept PWE doesn't want to push it because it won't make them money.

A lot of what I'm seeing is assumptions.

Apparently something like this would automatically be a bad thing, just cos it's a certain company.

Christ, it's as bad as saying "EA only publishes bad/DLC-filled games", completely forgetting the fantastic, finished/DLC-lacking games they have published previously and will publish.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I am sorry for your taste, and also that you have to come onto a forum with all your negativity and nothing constructive. Byebye

oh and here, to show now hard feelings here's a pso2 meme.

580c7e375a1220a4d8db846a90e9fa1838c723a5

Just leaving this here:

ZONg2mc.png

If you still remember that thread from a while back that got deleted. Good for you. Have a cookie.

They kinda did with the whole founder packages. Since they were on for a long time and were specifically towards funding the game. Only ceased when the platinum purchases on their own were enough to sustain.

I was thinking of the more equity based crowdfunding routes.

While, clearly, nothing is binding (due diligence phase) right now. The one thing we can reasonably derive from this information is that DE wasn't turning a high enough profit with the game.

My thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes go out to the employees at DE.

News like this comes with it's own set of concerns about personal futures.

So, he'll be fine with it if they only acquire PC version? What's your point?

Couldn't take the PC version away he fought for ip rights for ps4. I didn't word it correctly sorry. Basically tried to take it back on the PC platform could not so his next move was to get ip rights on ps4 to keep some kind of integrity

Ok. Pls stop raging around. Ive seen People about to quit warframe forever for rumors. This is not even confirmed to happen. And on one of the given link it says: 'and the Purchasers and the Vendors have not yet entered into any legally binding'

Probably it isn't as bad as it seems to be. It's a good and helpfull thing to Show DE we don't want this but blind rage means a huge waste of energy.

This isn't blind rage. Trust me - nowhere near it. This is the calm before the storm.

That aside, please have some understanding and get off your high horse. People here have seen PW takeover and utterly annihilate their favorite games and have chosen Warframe as a replacement specifically due to their indie nature. Any threat to that is bound to trigger strong feelings to stop even the smallest attempt at repeating history.

But I advocate to let DE at least respond before getting mad, but make em respond as well.

EA has put every company they ever bought out of business. You do NOT want them buying DE.

I second that.

Just take a look at their F2P section and you will see whats happening.

Remember the Dungeon Keeper iOS S#&$storm months ago? Who is Bullfrog anyway.. oh wait, its dead.

BUISNESS TALK

Hmm reading over the information I am not entirely sure we actually need to be all that worried.

It seems to state that they intend to buy any outstanding shares, meaning that they will own a portion of the interests in the company. The precise percentage of ownership is not stated. At anything below a 10% means they really have no say in the direction the company is taking, and even if more than this was owned a majority vote is needed before any changes are made.

Furthermore purchasing a stake in a company entitles you to make choices in the direction of the company, stuff like development of products is usually left to the people who know what they are doing.

Really after looking at it from an accounting/economics standpoint has reduced the amount I am worrying about this news.

This is actually relieving a bit.

As a Grandmaster Founder and buyer of all the Prime access packs, I feel really stupid right now. If it is true that DE can't do anything about this and it turns into Blacklight Revolution or some other atrocity, well, I guess it was fun while it lasted and this was a good lesson of why I shouldn't play F2p games.

I'm still holding out hope that this has nothing do to with Warframe or the team that developes Warframe. I really hope that they make an announcement on this to help qualm our fears or let us know it's time to jump ship.  

A food company and a company specialized in exports and baby stuff.

Are they trying to sell a license for warframe off DE to have their own copy of Warframe in their country?

A german company published Aion of NCSoft here, so they had to buy the game of them.

Both clients were different, the german company made Aion from true free2play to pay2win.

It this the case, too?

I cannot seem to find anything useful. 

Who told you this? Warframe has A LOT of success! Why would they turn to PW?

I'm waiting for a official response because I'm confused here!

Edit: If this will ever happen then bye bye Warframe.

Edited by Cryless

I work for a bank, and if there is anything I have learned about acquisitions, the companies involved will not be allowed to talk about it until papers are signed.

It's hard to ignore the specific reference to the type of game Warframe is in the bottom of the source.