Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Seriously. You're writing eulogies already, but you don't know if you're actually attending a funeral.

//EDIT: credit for quote is StoneRevolver. Sorry, for some reason the quote-sourcing screwed up.

Edited by Gurren_Dai

You act like they already signed the paperwork.

Chill. The. Hell. Out.

We don't even know what percentage of the stock it was. It could be 0.5%.

Seriously. You're writing eulogies already, but you don't know if you're actually attending a funeral.

There are some people who seem to know a lot about shares saying when a company buys "all outstanding shares" it's more significant than people here think.

DE(L) can force them to take a strategic alliance or break off. 

With a strategic alliance, there is no need to sell off any shares, meaning PWE will not be a minor shareholder whatsoever (since DE(L) will still hold 100% of the shares). 

As for people who would suggest joint venture, I do not think DE has enough resources to do so, not at a equilibrium percentage of pooling of resources at any rate. 

That isn't how PWE operates.  It is all or nothing with them and considering how cutthroat the Chinese gaming companies are, you do not risk being blackballed within a country by backing out.  PWE is a major player in that country no matter the reputation.  DE, in all honesty, has entered a deal with the devil.  

DE(L) can force them to take a strategic alliance or break off. 

With a strategic alliance, there is no need to sell off any shares, meaning PWE will not be a minor shareholder whatsoever (since DE(L) will still hold 100% of the shares). 

As for people who would suggest joint venture, I do not think DE has enough resources to do so, not at a equilibrium percentage of pooling of resources at any rate. 

They can't force them to do anything.  PW is looking to get something out of this.  DE more than likely needs it more than they do, if it falls through, it falls through.  There are lots of other places where PW can spend its money.

There are some people who seem to know a lot about shares saying when a company buys "all outstanding shares" it's more significant than people here think.

Unless those people can prove what they're saying, take it with an atom of salt. The internet's built on lies and deceit.

It actually is very significant and not in a good way in our case.

If I was mildly worried before......I am a bit more troubled now

"All outstanding shares" just means all shares (voting ones or otherwise) that make up the Company. So IF PW intends to buy 'all outstanding shares', it just means that they want to Buy-Over DE........completely.

Edited by PEELZHERE92

That isn't how PWE operates.  It is all or nothing with them and considering how cutthroat the Chinese gaming companies are, you do not risk being blackballed within a country by backing out.  PWE is a major player in that country no matter the reputation.  DE, in all honesty, has entered a deal with the devil.  

Is profit maximisation really such a huge thing that it covers everyone's eyes? Can DE(L) also care about its stakeholders as well?

If I was mildly worried before......I am a bit more troubled now

"All outstanding shares" just means all shares (voting ones) that make up the Company. So if PW intends to buy 'all outstanding shares', it just means that they want to Buy-Over DE........completely.

We have a winner...as outstanding shares are the shares that give voting power to the shareholders.

Perfect World Entertainment (aka PWE), a China Based company which has developed a reputation by embodying the Pay2Win model into every game they have made or bought over. I have not had the experience of playing their games, but from what I've heard the company was responsible alienating players when they bought over developers of once-popular free2play games

To explain further, Pay2Win doesn't work for a few reasons. The first is rare items are stuck behind slot machine chance level acquisition, the second is content you have to pay tends to get game breaking to the point of making the game way too easy. The third is the stage might be made so hard you need to have pay only items to beat it. Updates never happening/no new content. I hope DE doesn't sell to a company that would destroy their work of art with base greed.

As a Founder, Do NOT let this game go to PW. they will DESTROY it!. Please Keep us in mind and NOT your wallets!

We promiss to buy more plat if you dont let them have it Q.Q..

LOL if PWE controlls warframe...founders items will come back as they are not held to the same contract that DE is....

If DE still won't listen to all these cries for help, and will have anything to do with PW in the future, then I'm pretty sure a BIG part of the community will lose faith in them forever...if they commit such an atrocity, then there's no telling what else they might do...on the other hand, refusing this will further strengthen the belief that they're probably the best dev team out there from a big part of the community, and will be another plus to their reputation.

Edited by Sebastianx

Okay, based on my limited knowledge of what's happening so far (i.e. - reading whatever I could find all day today), two things occur to me:

1) DE is opening up in California

www.facebook.com/digitalextremes

2) The purchase of stock (if it happens) is of available stock. DE has not necessarily released a controlling percentage of stock for purchase, therefore there is no point in panicking at this time.

If one wanted to open a new office, one might consider selling a non-controlling percentage of stock in order to attract investors. That would provide one with more capital and still allow one to run one's company the way one intended to in the first place.

So - please stop panicking. At least until we have more facts.

LOL if PWE controlls warframe...founders items will come back as they are not held to the same contract that DE is....

Then the solution is obvious! We take the most extremist option possible and suicide bomb PWE's offices, because lets face it, they're evil and deserve to die and they clearly do not have families that will miss them. They're evil. Evil people don't have families. They have robots working for them. Because they are evil and use the brains of children to power their robots.

Reading these forums makes me feel like I'm looking at a photograph of my dead girlfriend. I mean, my girlfriend isn't dead, but if she was, I bet it would feel like that.

They have released exclusives on their other games for money... google blacklight gold pack...

I have proudly supported Warframe both vocally and financially, from believing in the game and Digital Extremes based in London Ontario; helping this game develop further and to a local game developer nonetheless. I have spent much time and money into this game and enjoyed it through the ups and downs that it has gone through during its development; mistakes have been made, apologizes given and accepted, I continued to support Warframe.

So I will make it clear to Digital Extremes, I implore you do not sell out to the Chinese company Perfect World and keep the company proudly Canadian and continue to develop it in hand with the community and it's support. I have dealt with Perfect World before from other games and heard many accounts of Perfect World defaulting on customers without refund or recourse. To be more detailed, customers paying for Zen (Perfect World virtual currency) and not receiving Zen and upon contacting Perfect World for support being told there is nothing they can do, and customers with paid subscriptions not receiving their monthly rewards and again upon trying to get support told the same. This is atop the very clear and evident pay to win model in the games under Perfect World and degeneration over time driving many fans away.

Until I hear what Digital Extremes will do, I will not purchase anymore Platinum nor Prime Access packs nor Steam packs; I will never support Perfect World or any games under them and if Digital Extremes ends up in the hands of Perfect World, my support for Warframe and Digital Extremes will end.

You are late.

a) If this wasn't true they would already have denied it.

b) The fact that the whole thing has gone public means talks are in an advanced stage now.

Right now the only doubts I have are what kind of agreement did they reach. Are they buying the whole thing? Are they just buying a bit?