Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I don't think so. Some people have said that PW buying "all outstanding shares" doesn't mean much but I don't think that makes sense.

Voting (decision) rights and trying to get fund for Chinese xbone?

This is big.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Hot+Corp.+News/Kroger+%28KR%29+to+Acquire+Vitacost+%28VIT%29+for+$8Share/9631888.html

http://ir.idenix.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=853039

http://investor.ebay.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=84142

http://homehealthcarenews.com/2014/07/gentiva-rejects-kindred-offer-again/

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/financial/dts-acquire-srs-labs-148-million-26999

http://www.roche.com/media/media_releases/med-cor-2012-01-25.htm

Here's a random bunch of acquisition press releases I googled up.  Care to guess what they all have in common?  They company looking for a buyout is offering to buy all outstanding shares.

Yeah.

But DE's got practice in the form of us!~

And lets face it, we are not the best people. We can be A******s on our best of days.

lol obviously you have never read any Chinese or Vietnamese thread boards..they have us beat on rudeness

What about the burrrrunk helmet or whatever it was called, or the ghost bear helmet from the raptr contest, I haven't played BLR in a long time but there was a lot of S#&$ in there that should not have been.

I really doubt PWE sees and reason to keep anything exclusive if it means they can make a quick buck.

Neither of them were stated to be exclusive.  The only other items besides the golden bone breaker that were actually exclusive were the beta items.

Unless you explain each one I don't care to look through them.

I'm only interested in what PW is doing with DE, not those bunch of cases.

As much as I dont give a damn about it, we have Destiny Codes ready to be activated any day now.

We're getting a slot on the Xbone.

We have thousands of dedicated players, new as well as old, misinformed or otherwise as they may be, who are threatening to jump ship if you make this move. To a company named @(*()$ "Sumpo" for chrissakes.

And you want to tell me that this is just "Good Business"?

DE has a LOT of good things going for them, and to see it all potentially ready to be thrown away is disheartening, to say the least.

Unless you explain each one I don't care to look through them.

I'm only interested in what PW is doing with DE, not those bunch of cases.

I just did explain them to you.  What's they're not to understand?  In each article one company is looking to acquire another company in to do that they are tendering an offer to buy all outstanding shares.  I could pull up articles all day just looking for company acquisition on google.

Edited by (PS4)Urabask

for them? YES.

Once your company goes public, it is there for one thing. For people to invest in. When people invest into something, they are looking to make something in return and the majority of the time, they milk companies to post gains of some sort.

And for low wages/no benefits, etc in America? The stock market is largely responsible for that. 

People need to know how the stock market works, how it affects companies, the behaviors of investors (and investing companies), etc. Once you add it up, the answer is obviously grim.

And yet the business can still decide on whether to allow people to invest/set its main goal as profit maximisation. 

Here have a link hopefully someone will actually read it.

http://www.investinganswers.com/financial-dictionary/stock-market/shares-outstanding-3594

As I said in an earlier post, it will depend on how many restricted shares the founders of DE hold and how split they are.  Outstanding shares can still give one single entity controlling power as they hold the most shares.  That would require the other parties to come together and stand against the titan that holds the most shares out of the entire group.  He who holds the most shares, holds the keys to the kingdom my friend.

I just did explain them to you.  What's they're not to understand?  In each article one company is looking to acquire another company in to do that they are tendering an offer to buy all outstanding shares.  I could pull up articles all day just looking for company acquisition on google.

We don't even know what percentage of the outstanding share is public or private and you just throw a bunch of articles on some random companies buying some random companies' outstanding shares?

Are you trying to teach me what outstanding shares means or are you trying to tell me something I don't know about the PW & DE situation ._.

i've no clue what's really going on with this PWE issue, but it worries me, a lot, waht little experience i've had with PWE was terrible, they indeed embody P2W, not only that but they give no support to their game's comunities whatsoever; they kill off games, destroying both game and comunity in one way or another.

whatever happens i hope DE keeps full control of the game, i know otherwise warframe will die; many will leave, most of council most likelly included, the comunity will be destroyed as mcu has the game, and warframe will then slowly die off, never to reach its full potential.

that can't happen, not to warframe.

"Congratulations you've brought enough xp to achieve mastery lvl 1 to complete the upgrade you'll need to buy a mastery key. These are a one use key that grants you the next mastery level the key costs 420 plat."

Enjoy your paywalls

But seriously There is hope, there is still a way

we must free wiawyr.

I read that as valkyr

As I said in an earlier post, it will depend on how many restricted shares the founders of DE hold and how split they are.  Outstanding shares can still give one single entity controlling power as they hold the most shares.  That would require the other parties to come together and stand against the titan that holds the most shares out of the entire group.  He who holds the most shares, holds the keys to the kingdom my friend.

It would also depend on the actual restrictions that those restricted shares are subject to.  Restricted shares are still outstanding shares if they can be bought.

i have a 1000+ hours and warframe and have easily spent $50 or more. if this happens and warframe is ruined DE will be possibly the worst game company i have heard of. Like call of duty would be a better game at that point. 

What is every one crying about this over DE and PWE. Actually i didnt even know what PWE was so i looked it up but i dont get it really why doesnt anyone want DE to do business with them? Can someone please explain the problem because im not sure whats going on. ._.

Every game PW hold becomes P2W and dies even there own games they made.

Edited by SarahApple

I’ve put over 1,410 hours into Warframe. I’ve taken my time to scrounge and farm as much as I can so I’ll never run out, so I can make what I want when I want. I’ve built over ten frames and twenty or so weapons (exact number, don’t know). Why so few for the thousand hours? Because I like playing. It’s not about leveling things for the rankings. It’s about enjoying what I have and ripping things to shreds with the best of my ability, as well as making my favorite weapons more viable for late-game.

A Nekros that can Desecrate for days, a Rhino Prime that can Stomp to win, an Ash designed to survive in the harshest of conditions, a Loki Prime who’s just barely emerging from its tomb of slumber, an Excalibur that I’ve put more time toward than anything else… Hell, I even have the Proto skin for him as well, because I love Excalibro and with my playstyle, he holds the most survive-ability out of all the frames I’ve played with.

I’ve got a Dragon Nikana that cuts steel just by being dropped, an Angstrum that annihilates all in a single burst, all the Stalker’s gear ready to eradicate all opposing forces, old and new equipment ready to destroy the world… Over a thousand hours of metaphorical blood, sweat and tears into this game since I began playing it last year.

And I kid you not. If DE decides to sell out to Perfect World, I won’t give it a second thought. I’m quitting my favorite game and never returning, just as MANY people already have. Guess we’ll have to wait next month for confirmation...

Edited by OutrightMakoto

We don't even know what percentage of the outstanding share is public or private and you just throw a bunch of articles on some random companies buying some random companies' outstanding shares?

Are you trying to teach me what outstanding shares means or are you trying to tell me something I don't know about the PW & DE situation ._.

I'm telling you that the likelihood that buying all the the outstanding shares will not result in PW in at least having controlling interest is low.  It doesn't work that way with most companies (including giants like pay pal) so assuming that it will work that way with DE is just wishful thinking.  Especially with the way that DE has been expanding warframe and its team.  They've undoubtedly sold plenty of shares for capital to cover costs, that's the whole point in selling shares in a company in the first place.

Edited by (PS4)Urabask