Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

There are some people who seem to know a lot about shares saying when a company buys "all outstanding shares" it's more significant than people here think.

It's really the other way around.  If you look at news articles about pretty much any recent acquisition they always talk about the company buying all outstanding shares.

It's really the other way around.  If you look at news articles about pretty much any recent acquisition they always talk about the company buying all outstanding shares.

That's because they got that information from us.

Reading these forums makes me feel like I'm looking at a photograph of my dead girlfriend. I mean, my girlfriend isn't dead, but if she was, I bet it would feel like that.

They have released exclusives on their other games for money... google blacklight gold pack...

The only actual exclusive they've re released was the golden bone breaker.  They never made any promises about anything else.

We have a winner...as outstanding shares are the shares that give voting power to the shareholders.

I would suggest reading the reddit post below. Even if PWE buys all outstanding shares does not equate that they have all the voting power. DE can still hold a majority of authorized shares and still have controlling power.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/29olv7/what_we_currently_know_about_the_pwe_deal/

That isn't how PWE operates.  It is all or nothing with them and considering how cutthroat the Chinese gaming companies are, you do not risk being blackballed within a country by backing out.  PWE is a major player in that country no matter the reputation.  DE, in all honesty, has entered a deal with the devil.  

The devil can be outsmarted, so there is still hope here that they can outsmart this one too.

It also depends on how many restricted shares the major players in DE currently control.  They can still retain control of DE through that, but PWE will be one of the major holders and that all depends on how the restricted shares are split as they are most likely split between the creators of DE and if they have not sold any of their shares.  PWE would not be making this bid to buy the outstanding shares if they did not have the upper hand.  In all likelihood the outstanding shares have the majority power rather than the restricted.  

I would suggest reading the reddit post below. Even if PWE buys all outstanding shares does not equate that they have all the voting power. DE can still hold a majority of authorized shares and still have controlling power.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/29olv7/what_we_currently_know_about_the_pwe_deal/

No, it doesn't necessarily mean that.  But looking at PW's history it more than likely means they'll have at least a controlling interest.

I don't think so. Some people have said that PW buying "all outstanding shares" doesn't mean much but I don't think that makes sense.

Voting (decision) rights and trying to get fund for Chinese xbone?

This is big.

Okay, based on my limited knowledge of what's happening so far (i.e. - reading whatever I could find all day today), two things occur to me:

1) DE is opening up in California

www.facebook.com/digitalextremes

2) The purchase of stock (if it happens) is of available stock. DE has not necessarily released a controlling percentage of stock for purchase, therefore there is no point in panicking at this time.

If one wanted to open a new office, one might consider selling a non-controlling percentage of stock in order to attract investors. That would provide one with more capital and still allow one to run one's company the way one intended to in the first place.

So - please stop panicking. At least until we have more facts.

Spot on. We don't know all the facts and we should wait for an announcement.

this is the longest treat in my history of gaming.

my two cents: as long as pwe/sumo food or whatever you call them is not messing with the game itself i'm not gonna protest in anyway.

but if we get an altering cash show i will sew them for making a from free to play game into a different game that content is in cash shop only - and in the eu law that is a fraud and i can legally sue them fro making a "free to register but pay to play game"

Is profit maximisation really such a huge thing that it covers everyone's eyes? Can DE(L) also care about its stakeholders as well?

for them? YES.

Once your company goes public, it is there for one thing. For people to invest in. When people invest into something, they are looking to make something in return and the majority of the time, they milk companies to post gains of some sort.

And for low wages/no benefits, etc in America? The stock market is largely responsible for that. 

People need to know how the stock market works, how it affects companies, the behaviors of investors (and investing companies), etc. Once you add it up, the answer is obviously grim.

Edited by nitroz76

Sorry if I am restating something, but didn't have time to get through all 311 pages of this thread. Read a good bit of it, 15 pages or so, and it is clear it is the same feelings throughout with what seems like no real official response. Two cents time.

I'm no body special. Just a guy who likes his games. I am 31. Clocked in a bit over 200+ hours in the last few weeks. Quit my job about 3 weeks ago (completely unrelated reasons, nothing serious). I have pumped an embarassing amount of money into this game, mainly because I want to support de for making a really good F2P game. Also, 50% and 20% Platinum Purchase Discount login rewards help too. ;)

I come from 8 years of loyally playing a game called City of Heroes. Some of you may have heard of it. Some may not. It was a one of a kind game. Originally made by Cryptic (mentioned in PWE comments in this thread), hosted by NCSoft. Those that played it LOVED it. Much like the Warframe community. We were passionate about a game we believed in. All kinds of plans were coming about updates, new content, etc. Very shortly after the 8 year anniversary, out of absolutely no where, they announced that they were shutting the game down and PAragon Studios would be no more (R.I.P.). There were no legitimate answers or reasons given. Nothing could be done. The community was crushed. PEtitions were made and signed by thousands. Etc. Etc.. Right on schedule, midnight November 30th, 2012, our world ended. It sucked. NCSoft would not release the IP to anyone else, even though great deals were offered. City of Heroes died and the spirit never released. Later, a Kickstarter for a new game by fans of CoH broke records. The community banded together and the money was there. But that is another story.

Needless to say, I will not go through another travesty to another great game simply because corporate politics get in the way. As I said, I am no body special. I don't have millions of dollars to threaten with, I haven't been on Warframe since the first day, I don't report all the bugs, and I am not a Forum jockey with an impressive post number. Hell THIS is my first forum post. That is how important this is to me.

I'm just a guy, who likes Warframe a lot. Just a MR8. But I am a guy who has lived through a tenured game with outstanding community being destroyed by mindless corporate games. And I have played my fair share of PWE titles.

If PWE takes parental control of Warframe, I too am out. Even though I have a rather significant investment in Warframe (the sum of which I pray my wife never finds out ;) ), I will gladly walk away rather than see another coporation turn awesome game play into a video slot machine and then once they've squeezed all they can out, dismiss what could have been a fantastic IP.

And some may say "Well isn't that what Warframe is? With the Plat?". As others have stated, "No!". When you buy plat, you know what you are getting. And most things can be obtained through the game one way or another without too much difficulty. But when you buy things with plat, you buy specifics, not chances. (Aside from Mod and Core and Key packs, but with those you GET Mods/Cores/Keys, just a roll of the dice on which ones and rarity, just as you would killing any enemy in the game already). PWE would bring exclusivity to the market. Which is a bad thing.

And for those waiting on a response from DE, don't hold your breath. I am sure they would love to join in the discussion and throw their 2 cents in, or tell us all we want to know. But they can't. Just like Paragon Studios at the end of CoH, mostly they don't know all we think they know. At least those that are on a level to communicate with the community. And those that DO know anything, can't talk about it. Remember folks, while this is a game to us, to DE this is their jobs, income, livelyhoods. They may agree with us, they may not, but joining in this discussion, from a corporate perspective, could mean their jobs. There are contracts and disclosure agreements they have to sign in these things where if they were to even pop in this thread, could mean termination. So, while I know it is tough, try not to hate on DE. This corporate desicion is barely in their hands, and they're lack of communication is most likely not personal or intentional. When it is your job, you really have no choice.

But  in the end, as I said, if PWE becomes parental of Warframe, I am out and finding a new game. No more plat purchases for me until this is straightened out. I hope it doesn't happen because as stated this is an incredible game with increasingly amazing potential. Best of luck to you DE, and the community. Stay Strong Tenno.

Edited by PrinceRecluse

Reading these forums makes me feel like I'm looking at a photograph of my dead girlfriend. I mean, my girlfriend isn't dead, but if she was, I bet it would feel like that.

They have released exclusives on their other games for money... google blacklight gold pack...

I didn't say they wouldnt' come back as free..they would come back for purchase...that is how PWE works.  Expect to spend a grand on a Lato Prime

for them? YES.

Once your company goes public, it is there for one thing. For people to invest in. When people invest into something, they are looking to make something in return and the majority of the time, they milk companies to post gains of some sort.

The company's still private though. :v

"Congratulations you've brought enough xp to achieve mastery lvl 1 to complete the upgrade you'll need to buy a mastery key. These are a one use key that grants you the next mastery level the key costs 420 plat."

Enjoy your paywalls

But seriously There is hope, there is still a way

we must free wiawyr.

But PWE doesn't work like that they never been a silent partner with any game, they force their wills on the game company or take them over.

The only actual exclusive they've re released was the golden bone breaker.  They never made any promises about anything else.

What about the burrrrunk helmet or whatever it was called, or the ghost bear helmet from the raptr contest, I haven't played BLR in a long time but there was a lot of S#&$ in there that should not have been.

I really doubt PWE sees and reason to keep anything exclusive if it means they can make a quick buck.

But PWE doesn't work like that they never been a silent partner with any game, they force their wills on the game company or take them over.

Yeah.

But DE's got practice in the form of us!~

And lets face it, we are not the best people. We can be A******s on our best of days.

We have a winner...as outstanding shares are the shares that give voting power to the shareholders.

Except that outstanding shares only include share from the public domain.

Meaning that DE Ltd should still have a majority of their shares in the treasury. Unless they're doing a lot worse than I though financially this should be the case.

*edited for spelling

Edited by Moomabo