Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I'd say less of the bob and his tank movement in every thread.

If this is true. I'll probably put a very small spoiler tag under every major post I make with a little No perfect world banner in it.

Let's keep it clean and unobtrusive. or it really will be the "Bob and his bloody tank" all over again.

I'm pretty sure spamming a single picture is not the ideal way to address a legitimate concern... They'd sooner respond to you taking your time to write and voice it rather than copy paste a picture. Besides - we already got the multi-like users with no posts spamming the red text with the whole "I no buy platinum for months now"

Even though i do not like the whole Perfect World buying Digital Extremes thing, i still think it will just be a small majority of their assets. I do not think PW will have a say on how DE is gonna go ahead with warframe money making startegy. This kinda proves the fact that the game is making money but not consistent enough to pay off all developers and staff in the future. That's probably why DE requires some kind of investment (in big dollars not a $80 or $100 prime access pack which only may be 1 player out of a 100 buys) from outside sources. Had all the 7 million subscribers bought Prime Access for warframe, this day would have never come. Hiring new people, expanding to new generation consoles, updates and new content every week for PC all requires developers efforts and time and i saw this day coming in future (but didn't expect it to be PW).

Edited by (PS4)jenax002

Untill DE says anything about this we have no way to prove or disprove this supposed contract with PW. Since WF won that contest against free mmo games it has gotten some media attention so DE would have said something about this if it happened. Besides looking at how the game is being developed and how pretty much everything is free it shows that this game is more a labour of love rathar than a means for income, however only time will tell.

Source: http://iportal.infocastfn.com/citiccapital_portal/nws/nws_p.asp?LangId=1&LNwsId=2293206

As someone who played STO both before and after PW purchased Cryptic, I feel I have to voice my concern over this acquisition. Warframe is a game with a huge amount of potential, and having PW pulling their strings behind the scenes is a surefire way to destroy that potential.

I'm not sure that there's anything you (DE) could do at this point, but I would applaud any efforts made to stop this from happening. Even self-sabotoge to make the company seem less desirable is not out of the question.

(For those of you who aren't familiar with PW, acquisition by them will dramatically shift development away from new gameplay content. Instead, expect development to focus on a plethora of obnoxious, obtrusive lockbox and other lottery-type systems)

EDIT (for those looking for a more legitimate source, this is the stock exchange release):

EDIT 2: For those of you still in doubt whether or not this is real, more links:

Bloomberg's Businessweek company profile which lists DE as starting a "merger/acquistion" on June 30th: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=52344383

aastock's (Hong Kong Financial News website) listing: http://www.aastocks.com/en/News/HK6/61/NOW.612668.html

4traders (Global Stock Exchange website) listing: http://www.4-traders.com/SUMPO-FOOD-HOLDINGS-LTD-7166883/news/Sumpo-Food---Perfect-World-to-invest-in-Digital-Extremes-18661957/

As clanmate/alliance-mate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game

SO.... EA's Chinese brother is here to kill warframe, honestly there is no point to us ranting. No one will care. What will happen will happen. I say we need a new game to play. It's gut wrenching to see a game with so much potential disintegrated so easily... It's been fun. We can only hope for the best.

im quoting it because my post was buried under pictures... GG guys

iF1N81z.png

For the love of God, DE, don't do it. The time I've put in, the emotional investment I have for the not only the game, but the dev team as well, will be DESTROYED if this happens. As a Founder, I find this EXTREMEMLY concerning, which is made worse by the fact that I don't understand finances and investments AT ALL. Now I am very scared (and yes, I realise I may be overreacting, but we don't know the specifics and what is more terrifying than the unknown?).

Please don't hurt me DE. Please don't hurt me.

Even though i do not like the whole Perfect World buying Digital Extremes thing, i still think it will just be a small majority of their assets. I do not think PW will have a say on how DE is gonna go ahead with warframe money making startegy. This kinda proves the fact that the game is making money but not consistent enough to pay off all developers and staff in the future. That's probably why DE requires some kind of investment (in big dollars not a $80 or $100 prime access pack which only may be 1 in 100 buys) from outside sources. Had all the 7 million subscribers bought Prime Access for warframe, this day would have never come. Hiring new people, expanding to new generation consoles, updates and new content every week for PC all requires developers efforts and time and i saw this day coming in future (but didn't expect it to be PW).

PWE doesn't do "silent partner" kind of investment. That's not their trade... they do "eat you from the inside out like flesh eating bacteria" kind of thing.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I have already advised my clanmates and alliance members(around 3000 players) to stop buying platinum until DE's official response about this.

We are very familiar with PW's capability of turning awesome games into mindless money sinks. So it is better to stop paying for a would be money-sink game sooner than later. We will resume our normal platinum purchase when DE denies PW's investment or when we are made sure PW's involvement will not affect the future development of Warframe(might take a few month).

As clanmate/alliance-mate of Lyvshalker, I agree to what he said. I will stop my platinum purchase until we are assured that PW's involvement won't adversely affect the game