Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

After reading over the articles some more, it looks less and less like an acquisition on PWE's part.

If they were purchasing 51% of DE's shares, then the reports would all likely say "Acquiring [company]" rather than "Purchasing outstanding shares of [company]".

As far as I can tell all it is is PWE investing money in DE, not buying DE.

Big difference between investing and acquiring folks.

Also, CALM DOWN. Seriously.

Guys i am telling you,  this is a troll created by the OP to make hype like the contest did for U13.

Its GENIUS!

Its working, and because of this, U14 is getting 100x more hype then usual. 

We know that the DE will release information by U14, so now where waiting on the edge of are seats.

GENIUS OP IS GENIUS!

its also something to talk about instead of the usual drivvel we usually chat about :D

+1 for something different.

Guys i am telling you,  this is a troll created by the OP to make hype like the contest did for U13.

Its GENIUS!

We know that the DE will release information by U14, so now where waiting on the edge of are seats.

GENIUS OP IS GENIUS!

I really F#cking hope so :(

After reading over the articles some more, it looks less and less like an acquisition on PWE's part.

If they were purchasing 51% of DE's shares, then the reports would all likely say "Acquiring [company]" rather than "Purchasing outstanding shares of [company]".

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/outstandingshares.asp

Outstanding shares implies the entire company.

The sad thing is that i have been spamming this across this forum yet no one is paying attention.

but now that a mod has done it people will pay attention. ;-; 

http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews/sehk/2014/0630/LTN20140630367.pdf

I would be greatly upset to see DE be bought by PW. Ultimately it is up to the shareholders to say no and I hoping with all of my soul that the DE employees and shareholders look at what the community is saying showing that they are with us.

For a grand master to have only made 2 posts and this is one of them i feel slightly more worried now...

PWE owns Blacklight Retribution. Now listen, Blacklight is actually an okay game for a generic shooter, they make money from people buying weapon crates that give you a random gun. People do it all the time, like CS:GO weapon crates.

Blacklight hasn't had cash chance packs on weapons for quite a while now.  And if you had heard half the rumors around what's going on with how the game has been handled you would not want PWE to have any involvement with warframe.

Just a quick question, if perfect world constantly messes up games and drives them into the ground how are they still in business? If players recognize how terrible their business model is and they still have functionality as a company wouldnt that mean that enough players find their way of doing things acceptable that they can stay in business? (not defending perfect world, ive just never had any dealing with them and would like to know what exactly would be happening here.)

they kills the game, but not the rich player with credit cards.

they ned quick cash shot? just give players with new P2W system. most of free players will never touch the system, only a handful (but rich) player will buy them. LOT. I mean, some players could spend 500 bucks for a risky but highly rewarded gambling system or premium item that makes them stands out from the rest.

I SHALL NEVER CALM DOWN.

DE IS LOVE,

DE IS LIFE.

you said "fake"

do you expect people to read your little mind?

better to write less vague and misleading.

so I said fake to a twitter post. all I had to do was go onto the WFtwitter :P I dont have time to deal with a little troll child like you, get out.

the inevitable community responce- thats how it starts D:

I'm truly sorry if this proves to be throwing wood into the fire or alike, it's not my intention, however:

Usually that's how it begins. Investing into it and if that works out well, invest more and before you know it you're up to 51%. And sadly most players do not want PW to even touch, let alone invest into DE.

But then again, 'purchasing all outstanding shares' indicates buying all the shares of the original shareholders. 

Its GENIUS!

GENIUS OP IS GENIUS!

Noone except you(and me for these 5 seconds) is talking about U14. Sorry.

Its GENIUS!

GENIUS OP IS GENIUS!

IF you are right about this..... I will give you 50 platin.

The one thing I noticed is everyone is saying warframe/de as if that is the only branch of de but if you look you'll see de is a bigger company than just warframe. The point is that the developers at de for warframe might have the same reaction to this that we are and might not be able to do much more about it since it's the company as a whole that is in the talks for being "invested" in not just the warframe branch.

That being said I hope de doesn't sell because it would be sad to see a great f2p game like warframe crumble away to nothing.

(Sorry for any errors or mistakes)

Its GENIUS!

GENIUS OP IS GENIUS!

You're not helping.

Edited by OptimumBow0

I'm all about everyone calming down. But this does put PWE as a shareholder, and in prime position for a buyout.

All it takes is one foot in to start forcing the door open.