The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

As long as DE holds majority shares or someone within DE holds more shares than PWE, PWE cannot do a buy out.

And I don't believe DE is going belly up; they're still hiring new employees.

We don't know who holds majority of DE's shares. I certainly doubt it's the developer team. You never know... owners might be looking to retire. Given PWE's past.. PWE doesn't do silent partner kind of deals.

As a former game dev myself we would always say purchase volume does not outweigh server volume. If there are plenty of people on the server but no one is buying anything we simply believe prices are just too high and we need to hold an event and sale to draw more revenue in. There would always be a player base of "fans" that we depend on and needed to keep that status quo high enough. Leaving is the best course of option. Trust me! Just make a temporary till this is proved false. If it is proven true then you're already done you have it uninstalled you can begin the healing. If they see server volume way down then they will indefinitely know that this is a bad idea. This comes from 6 years experience in the gaming industry. I worked with Nexon Korea.

One of the smartest responses I've seen here so far. Take my +1.

We're not DE's business partners.

Very true... however if they make horrible decisions and lose a sizable chunk of their income from 'us' the people who definitely will leave on decisions like... 'this' ... Wouldn't it be somewhat important?

I mean, sure I don't need to know everything, I don't work for them and I am not a CEO of theirs, however we are all customers, and consumers, and if we refuse to consume something that they are offering, then they lost profit there.  The smart decision for things like this 'might' be to let us know and test the waters and respond appropriately if they see enough support in either direction, though I guess that's the difference between Fantasizing and Real-Life business.

Edited by Sibarian

We don't know who holds majority of DE's shares. I certainly doubt it's the developer team. You never know... owners might be looking to retire. Given PWE's past.. PWE doesn't do silent partner kind of deals.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's the president of DE. Because y'know, that's usually how companies work.

The only statement they're likely allowed to make is to repeat what it says on that .pdf in the first post.

Most likely, they will say nothing in order to not compromise the process.

However if they don't want it to go through they can say that. 

The only reason to not say anything is if the deal is going through and they don't want to ruin anything.

BTW DE 

I AM NOT DOWNLOADING ARC TO PLAY THIS! 

Yeah, just finished reading through the definition of outstanding shares. Outstanding shares do not comprise 100% of a company's shares, not by a longshot (unless the company went full public and unrestricted 100% of its shares).

Outstanding just means floating and unrestricted shares, and DE as the company holds control of the % of shares which are unrestricted. This means that they could have made 49% or less of their shares unrestricted/floating, meaning that PWE is likely not buying 100% of shares. 

My guess is that DE wants to remain as the owner of their own company and have authority over design decisions, in which case PWE is literally just investing money by buying the outstanding (floating/unrestricted) shares. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess this number would be anywhere between 5 and 25% of total shares.

PWE is only getting as many shares as DE is willing to sell. DE can still restrict as many shares as they want to prevent PWE from buying them all.

Letter13, paragon of hope and righteousness.

That's a really cold response. One could argue that we almost are as founders. But enough about that.

We are still their customers and should know from who we are actually buying the stuff from. It's not different demanding to know where the wood is grown/cut from when you buy a bed or if your fruit is from Spain and ecologically grown or not.

Finally, the fact that we found out on our own caused all of this which could've been avoided if they had chosen to do the courtesy on informing us themselves and stating they are aware of the feelings/actions of PW, etc.

I wonder, if no player found out about this, would we have just gotten punched in the face blind in the future?

Also, if "outstanding" actually means floating & unrestricted shares, there's always the chance that DE has only made 49% or less of its shares available (and left the rest restricted). Which would be fine because PWE wouldn't own the company.

That's not exactly how it works.

It would only work that way if one other person owned 51%.

It's a private company and it's legal designation may have changed recently... That can mean a lot of things in regard to it's Constitution.

There are way too many variables to speculate.

Like you've been saying... We'll know more when they tell us more.

That's a really cold response. One could argue that we almost are as founders. But enough about that.

In the new kickstarter era, companies appeal to that sentiment although legally it isn't like that.

Just as an example, the recent acquisition of Oculus Rift by Facebook. All the guys who pitched in money didn't have a say on it, didn't get a penny from it.

The smart decision for things like this 'might' be to let us know and test the waters, though I guess that's the difference between Fantasizing and Real-Life business.

Not really. Not at all. Just look at how many people are misinterpreting and panicking at this information.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's the president of DE. Because y'know, that's usually how companies work.

And the president wants out.. so he sells.. and then the company goes belly up. Story told often.

Edited by LocoWithGun

but he didnt do my taxes... I even asked him nicely... :.(

I only do my own taxes, and sometimes my mom's. Sorry.

Also I'm going to take a break from this thread. Everyone, calm the hell down. Go drink some tea to calm your nerves.

And the president wants out.. so he sells.. and then the company goes belly up. Story told often.

I highly doubt the president/creator of DE would want out. Just give it a watch and listen to the pride they have for their own company.