Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

DE needs to make money they got people to pay and bills . DE's down fall was making platinum tradable, All you have to do is sell some rare mods and prime parts for plat then buy what ever you want in the market or continue trading that plat in trading. Not many spend real money on this  game so i can see why DE might sell out, to keep themselves employed and to keep this game running.

They have stated on devsteams that trading actually increased plat revenue, buddy.

I can't say I am surprised the money to make bigger and better has to come from somewhere I get that but PW? ugh.... I played alot of their games enough to know this WILL ruin Warframe if you let them get their lockbox RNG money grubbing fingers on YOUR hard work and earned playerbase. PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE DARKSIDE YOUR FAN BASE IS AT STAKE!!!!

Heck I am not a founder and I've sunk more money in this game than 3 triple A new releases, and the current model was one I planned on spending more money on in the future. ..

Same here. Only other game that I've spent so much money on is League.

I'm surpised (Not really, I know PWE) but sadly in the end of the finacial world, money will win. If PWE really wanted to buy out DE, they would, but I have trust in the developers of DE as they have not disappointed me since U7. Make the logical decision DE.

-snip-

Alright, fair enough. It IS pretty hard to find a decent TDM server that isn't "Pure Helodeck" (so boooring) on NAWest.

Also, fair enough, I guess I'm (probably we, as in a lot of the community) are spoiled on new content by DE to the point of being sick. It has kept me in the game after all. I took my only real hiatus (back in U8-9 or something) because I had a bunch of guns and they were all the same, and that's what Warframe was back then. Guns. Now we have lots of stuff, so it's hard to just stop playing.

DE needs to make money they got people to pay and bills . DE's down fall was making platinum tradable, All you have to do is sell some rare mods and prime parts for plat then buy what ever you want in the market or continue trading that plat in trading. Not many spend real money on this  game so i can see why DE might sell out, to keep themselves employed and to keep this game running.

Platinum wouldn't even be in the market if people didn't buy to help circulate it. [DE] Seldon has praised trading in many devstreams because of the plat it circulates.

We all fear that more or less. Did you enjoy the game so far? In that case it wasn't for nothing.

I love this game with most of my heart (the rest is reserved for Halo :3) Ive always loves this game ever since I started playing it easter of last year. It would be heart breaking if this happened. 

Source: http://iportal.infocastfn.com/citiccapital_portal/nws/nws_p.asp?LangId=1&LNwsId=2293206

As someone who played STO both before and after PW purchased Cryptic, I feel I have to voice my concern over this acquisition. Warframe is a game with a huge amount of potential, and having PW pulling their strings behind the scenes is a surefire way to destroy that potential.

I'm not sure that there's anything you (DE) could do at this point, but I would applaud any efforts made to stop this from happening. Even self-sabotoge to make the company seem less desirable is not out of the question.

(For those of you who aren't familiar with PW, acquisition by them will dramatically shift development away from new gameplay content. Instead, expect development to focus on a plethora of obnoxious, obtrusive lockbox and other lottery-type systems)

EDIT (for those looking for a more legitimate source, this is the stock exchange release):

EDIT 2: For those of you still in doubt whether or not this is real, more links:

Bloomberg's Businessweek company profile which lists DE as starting a "merger/acquistion" on June 30th: http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=52344383

aastock's (Hong Kong Financial News website) listing: http://www.aastocks.com/en/News/HK6/61/NOW.612668.html

4traders (Global Stock Exchange website) listing: http://www.4-traders.com/SUMPO-FOOD-HOLDINGS-LTD-7166883/news/Sumpo-Food---Perfect-World-to-invest-in-Digital-Extremes-18661957/

Oh god  perfect world is a S#&$ company.. Did you see what they did to Rusty hearts? I hope this never happens >.>

Is like digital extremes in need of money or something? was founders and people spending plat not enough?o.O

I was scrolling through the posts, trying to keep up. Accidentally started playing a song on my phone (when swiping up). It was "hopeless wanderer"... For the record, I'm also going to wander away from Warframe if PWE takes over. And I'll be a hopeless wanderer...until Desteny comes out.