Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Please remember that DE is an Ltd., _not_ a Plc. this is important because shares in an Ltd are not listable and thus tradable on a stock exchange.

This means that for PWE to buy _anything_ they must be directly negotiating with a _private_ individual. Also any sales are usually only allowed if the shareholders agree.

This is _very_ different to a simple "we have the money, we get what we want" situation. The _owners_ of DE have to agree.

this is also they they call it a non-binding contract. An official contract MUST be signed before the deal is set in stone.

Please remember that DE is an Ltd., _not_ a Plc. this is important because shares in an Ltd are not listable and thus tradable on a stock exchange.

This means that for PWE to buy _anything_ they must be directly negotiating with a _private_ individual. Also any sales are usually only allowed if the shareholders agree.

This is _very_ different to a simple "we have the money, we get what we want" situation. The _owners_ of DE have to agree.

Which means that, for the phrase to be "will buy", DE had to agree. This changes nothing.

Over the course of a year, I've spent probably around 150$ on this game. 

I did not mind giving DE some dough so they could keep improving this great game they've created. I would probably have spent more in the following months/years.

If PW takes over WF, I am jumping ship. I'm positive the playerbase will be drastically reduced as a result of this acquisition. Why would they sell their baby? WF is one hell of a money maker due to plat alone, not to mention the prime access packs sell like hotcakes.

Would DE sell their beloved to the devil? Looks like they might. Extremely disheartening, almost unbelievable. 

Such a shame... An incredible disappointment and a kick to the face of all loyal players who have been playing/putting cash in to this game over the course of it's beta phase. WF was basically nothing when it started and now it's one of the most enjoyable FTP games out there. 

I feel betrayed. If the deal goes thru, I'm out with extreme prejudice. If DE is really willing to give up on it's masterpiece for a few bucks, then I guess the rumors were true. DE does not give a rat's a$$ about it's loyal fanbase or it's IP. It's all about the money. Hope they choke on those chinese yuan. 

This is the greatest first post.

But that's concerning the trade which is basically already confirmed. What about the actual DECISION making of the game??

Where do you see that? I only see that the partnership in _order_ to buy has happened. I don't see any information that the sale is anywhere near complete. 

I played City of Heroes before one of these holding companies decided to just axe it out of nowhere because it didn't have potential in Korea (even though it did well in the US and EU).

I gave Champions Online a try this year. That thing wasn't updated since 2012 - what was new was a cluster of new auras and cosmetic items, and the aforementioned lockboxes for drops.

Funnily, just today I deinstalled it and that stupid Arc software that I had so much trouble getting to run properly, because it couldn't decide whether it's a standalone browser or not.

So, PWE getting DE shares, sure, go ahead. The world revolves around money, after all.

But the moment I find the slightest forced resemblance to other PWE titles here, I'm out.

This leaves a pretty sour taste in my mouth anyway, so I might be out regardless.

In that case:

Cheers, was a fun, ride, to see a game grow and improve in a rather unique way.