Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playstation And Pc Merger.

Augmenatus

How many have friends or clans theyll be leaving behind in order to play on a system potentially more superior than their own computer. 

When I saw this I facepalmed.  If a PS4 is superior to your PC then you probably wouldn't be playing Warframe on the PC in the first place.

Edited by Beas7ie

Anyone asking about prices as far as I can tell it's a hit or miss because their are some players how honorable no clue what to charge and you can get things for cheap and then theirs the $&*^s that overprice everything. Personally I avoid using plat altogether I would rather trade don't get me wrong I have like 1400 I would rarer trad so were both getting something. I've been seeing arcane helms going for like 20 play when they advertise it's to bad you cannot get more than one I would have a lot by now. And maxed serration usually goes for about 100+ I've never seen anything over 250. Besides Cicero mods and that's about the price if the set.

I just have one question will we see Excalibur primes because that would be torture for me to see them in game especially because I love using him.

I'll simply quit the game if they allow founder prime transfers without offering them on Ps store. Warframe may not be an mmo, but it sure hogs time and I've built a huge backlog of games.

On topic of thread question - since you don't actually migrate your account anyway, why is this even a question? You copy your account and still can use the original. I have seen posts on playstation forum that boil down to "I'd like to play on PS4 but I don't want to unlock star chart and craft and level all the crap weapons all over again".

When I saw this I facepalmed.  If a PS4 is superior to your PC then you probably wouldn't be playing Warframe on the PC in the first place.

...but I do have a ps4 thats more superior than my computer... I had my computer first and 187 hours on warframe with it. I cant switch right now so im stkll playing on the pc

I'll simply quit the game if they allow founder prime transfers without offering them on Ps store. Warframe may not be an mmo, but it sure hogs time and I've built a huge backlog of games.

On topic of thread question - since you don't actually migrate your account anyway, why is this even a question? You copy your account and still can use the original. I have seen posts on playstation forum that boil down to "I'd like to play on PS4 but I don't want to unlock star chart and craft and level all the crap weapons all over again".

by migrate I mean obviously the cloning process (we all know what and how its going to happen stop arguing semantics)

my biggest concern is ill have to give up on one platform. im not going to want to play everything twice if I go back to pc. I find all these pieces for a frame on one system now I gotta do the same thing on the other.

One doesn't need a 'super awesome' video card to run this game (my old intel integrated was able to run this on its lowest settings at ~10 fps). Most people aren't going to need to bother with their processor, and ram+a video card still comes out to less than it would take to purchase a PS4. As for putting things together, PC parts (generally) can be slapped together with ease. If need be, a person can watch a quick youtube video on how to do it before attempting to do it. That's not hard. You should not get a PS4 just to play warframe. If you already have a PS4 and your PC can't run warframe well, I can totally understand switching. If you have a PS4, but not a PC I can totally understand playing on the PS4. 

What I'm trying to say is, warframe is not worth 400+ usd before you even get a chance to pick your first frame.

I love my Ps4 and warframe but this man speaks much truth. With ps+ you get a free indie game or two a month but this another 60 bucks a year.

Any guesses on how much these new PSN ids loaded with crazy PC accounts will go for? I could see several hundred to the right people

That's going to be a fun mess as the ps4 market bottoms out. The age of self funding is near the end so make that p fast.

Edited by (PS4)Adonais

Any guesses on how much these new PSN ids loaded with crazy PC accounts will go for? I could see several hundred to the right people

That's going to be a fun mess as the ps4 market bottoms out. The age of self funding is near the end so make that p fast.

Unless no cosmetics transfer, no exclusives such as lato prime transfer and only 1 copy of each mod card transfers. In which case it only transfers progress and such account resale is pointless.

by migrate I mean obviously the cloning process (we all know what and how its going to happen stop arguing semantics)

my biggest concern is ill have to give up on one platform. im not going to want to play everything twice if I go back to pc. I find all these pieces for a frame on one system now I gotta do the same thing on the other.

I will probably focus on my PC account more, but play the PS4 account for events to support the clan I'm in. I wouldn't give up one for the other.

I think it's cool DE is giving us more choices with regards t what platform we play on.

The absolute positive reason i will never play on PC. The elitism is so uncalled for and immature it's unbearable. I'll take a squeaker over an elitist any day of the week.

So stating the simple fact that PC's are superior and consoles are pretty much a waste of money is now being "elitist?"  If that's so then I guess all PC players are "elitists".

So on behalf of all PC players, I do apologize for playing on the BEST system that outperforms all consoles in every way shape and form.  

Also keep in mind that in most multiplatform games, it's the PC players that get the S#&$ despite having the best and most powerful system.  Most games are designed around the inferior console hardware and then lazily ported over to the PC.  If more people used PC's and the games were designed around the PC's hardware then we'd be years ahead in graphics and gameplay of what is available now due to console technology only making major advances every 5 to 10 years when the new systems come out vs the PC technology which greatly improves all the time.  

So if I come off as "elitist", it's more because I'm jaded that the game companies care only about money and pandering to the masses of little kids and dumbass deuschbags that get mommy and daddy to waste their money on a console vs those of us that take the time and effort to make the best gaming machine we can with the best bang for our buck.

Edited by Beas7ie

So stating the simple fact that PC's are superior and consoles are pretty much a waste of money is now being "elitist?"  If that's so then I guess all PC players are "elitists".

So on behalf of all PC players, I do apologize for playing on the BEST system that outperforms all consoles in every way shape and form.  

My laptop that was twice as expensive as my ps4 disagrees.

Then again if I needed a high performance computer for anything, and therefore had bought one, I would play warframe there.

...but I do have a ps4 thats more superior than my computer... I had my computer first and 187 hours on warframe with it. I cant switch right now so im stkll playing on the pc

I would recommend getting a computer that consists of hardware made in this century or least getting a proper power supply instead of a potato.  That potato powered toaster computer may look cool in that school science fair years ago, but it's just gimmicky at best and has limited real use.  

Just get some hardware from this century, watch a youtube video on computer building if you don't know what slot each piece goes in and enjoy your new comp that is now superior to the consoles.

You'll thank me later.

My laptop that was twice as expensive as my ps4 disagrees.

Then again if I needed a high performance computer for anything, and therefore had bought one, I would play warframe there.

Keyword is laptop.   Sure the laptop may have limited power to cost ratio, but you can take it anywhere and use it anytime.  

Can't do that with a console, and the handhelds don't count.

Oh and if you spend 1k plus on a laptop and it's still weaker than a console, then you got screwed.   I paid $250 at a pawnshop for one of my laptops and it runs most games just fine.  

Edited by Beas7ie

If the account migration/merger thing works in terms of overwriting one set of progress to the other, I don't think it'll be useful for what I need to happen.

Not unless I can copy PS4 progress to the PC side, anyway.  My PC stuff is comparatively expendable.

Also curious how they're going to deal with platform exclusives or obsolete gear no longer available.  As a PS4 player, I'm of the opinion that PC folks should be able to use their PC goodies on the PS4, and vice versa, even if that means the only things a PS4 could take over are a black-and-blue Braton skin and a black-and-blue scarf.

If the account migration/merger thing works in terms of overwriting one set of progress to the other, I don't think it'll be useful for what I need to happen.

Not unless I can copy PS4 progress to the PC side, anyway.  My PC stuff is comparatively expendable.

Also curious how they're going to deal with platform exclusives or obsolete gear no longer available.  As a PS4 player, I'm of the opinion that PC folks should be able to use their PC goodies on the PS4, and vice versa, even if that means the only things a PS4 could take over are a black-and-blue Braton skin and a black-and-blue scarf.

Ohh, it's been a while, Hooligan!

How are things outside of MAG?

I would recommend getting a computer that consists of hardware made in this century or least getting a proper power supply instead of a potato.  That potato powered toaster computer may look cool in that school science fair years ago, but it's just gimmicky at best and has limited real use.  

Just get some hardware from this century, watch a youtube video on computer building if you don't know what slot each piece goes in and enjoy your new comp that is now superior to the consoles.

You'll thank me later.

Wow dude, my comp is 2 years old... thats well within this century. sadly its a simple 800$ comp from costco. hp integrated graphics i5 dual core. warframe entirely playable at lowest settings no issue.

but I have high standards and want the best. I should not have been so anxious and saved a little more. I was impatient and I now suffer.

but no need to be a jerk bud. not everyone is made of money... or as patient

I've been a console player long before I was a PC player (10 years difference in fact) but I find find the precision of Keyboard and Mouse suit my style of play much better.

It helps my PC (like many others) has specs that would rival even the PS6 I would imagine.

I feel some games are better with pads, I own PC pads for this reason, Warframe is not one of them.

The absolute positive reason i will never play on PC. The elitism is so uncalled for and immature it's unbearable. I'll take a squeaker over an elitist any day of the week.

Despite his/her poor delivery, the point still stands. PC is the best gaming platform. It isn't elitism to state that fact.

You know, I'm gonna jump in the fire here and say that, although PC has the better specs, there are plenty of reasons to go for consoles.

There are two selling points for consoles that people keep neglecting, and one more obscure one to follow.

First off, console gaming is simple. Save for the odd game, it's just about inserting CD, and you know you can play the game straight up. No muss, no fuss. PC on the other hand have setups to go through and drivers to check and hardware that needs to reach the minimum requirements. Also there are more cases of games that have a hard time running on PC because of some incompatibilities with specific parts and/or drivers,

So again, point one, simplicity. Because not everyone is a computer whiz. Not even in this day and age.

Point two, community. This applies equally to PC. Actually, it's a bigger strength to PC then console, but it remains that the community is usually divided. A person may very well end up playing a console game over PC just because he/she can meet up with most of his/her RL friends there. I know of plenty of people who are console exclusive, making it a hard choice on certain games, deciding where I'll play them.

And the third, more obscure point: Japanese imports. This is THE reason why my buddy is console exclusive. Because Japan makes damn good games for consoles, that stay on console. He even went ahead and learned Japanese for that. Could easily be said that we only get 1/4, if not, less, of the games that are released in Japan. And they keep most of the good ones to themselves too. Of course, there's a bunch of trash there too, but w/e. I think you get my point.

So yeah. PC is the better, stronger platform, but there are still plenty of reasons that make consoles viable. PC elitism just blinds people to the facts.

1. PC gaming is actually more simple. You're listing stuff that most PC gamers don't have to deal with barring some sort of error. Console gamers have to switch CDs when they want to switch games (unless they got an electronic copy), PC gamers don't. Your computer SHOULD be handling driver installs by itself without you having to do anything (except maybe give it permission to do so). If you're having to check to see if your hardware meets the minimum requirement, it is time to upgrade. I rarely hear of games being incompatible with PC hardware (not counting peripherals like certain gamepads or the Occulus Rift), as I already pointed out your PC SHOULD handle the installation of new drivers for you. Games needing to be patched because of bugs is something that consoles have to deal with too.

False, you don't have to be a computer whiz to game on a PC. This anti-PC gaming myth is SOOOO outdated that you should really feel ashamed for even using it. PC gaming (especially with things like Steam) is as easy as point and clicking (or double-clicking on desktop icons).

2. You know what you should do if you want to game, but all your friends are stuck on console? Move on. Make new friends. Invite them over and wow them with a chance at a superior gaming experience. Maybe they'll think twice about spending 500-600 on that next console. Don't forget to show them all the steam sales. I'm sorry, I just don't think friends are worth me spending $400+($60 x N) all so I can 'enjoy' struggling to get stable 60 fps on <1080p. If you like your friends enough to do that, you're a better friend than I. I'd rather just take that money (plus whatever they were already going to spend on a console) and use it to build them a PC.

3. There are Japanese imports that are on PC too. That said, I generally don't like JRPGs.

The only real reason I can think of for getting a console is if you REALLY like an exclusive. That's it. If an exclusive (or more than one exclusive) is worth $400 extra to you, go at it. But, if you're willing to spend $460 for one game you obviously have more than enough disposible income to also afford to build/buy a gaming pc.